New Future Cruise Deposit Rules

sail7seas

I didn't pay much attention at the time but I scanned the new rules for Future Cruise Deposit purchased on the ship from FCC.

I know they raised the amount of deposit needed for cruises of certain lengths but am unclear if you must book the specific cruise you want while on the ship OR

If it remains the way it has been ie buy the FCD's in either the $100 or $250 denomination and then choose which cruise for which you want to use it whenever you get ready to from home?

I think it remains we can use the FCD's whenever we choose but want to verify we are not required to make the booking while on board in order to get all benefits they provide.

Thanks.

Just made a FCD on my recent NA cruise. No problem doing an open booking without choosing a particular voyage.

Placed $100pp down (chose the lowest tier - 3 to 10 days) and have four years from date of purchase to sail. If I opt to take a longer voyage that requires a higher deposit, I will need to pay the difference in future cruise deposit amount.

Deposit is 100% refundable if unused.

The rules have changed.

When we were on the Westerdam we put down $250 for 2 deposits for a specific cruise in 2014.

The FFC showed us this form:

Miscellaneous_0032.JPG

I asked about the REDUCED DEPOSIT rule above.

If we decide to cancel that cruise and go on another one, the $500 will be moved over to that cruise but we will have to pay the difference for the full deposit. In other words if the deposit on the new cruise is $1600 total, then we have to pay an additional $1100. That is the way she explained it to us. We will still get the shipboard credit.

I bought two 250 dollar FCD's on the NA on Nov. When we got home we booked a 22 day cruise. Since that requires 500 dollars pp, we were allowed to upgrade the deposit by paying the additional 500 dollars for a total of 1000 dollars. No problems at all.

Just took my first Princess cruise over spring break. They allowed me to book a future cruise of my choice for $100 deposit, refundable and good forever.

LHC

HAL used to do the $100 deposits for all cruises except segments of the Grand Voyages and the World Cruise.

There was a time that if you didn't use the deposits within 4 years, you lost them. Now they are refunded to your credit card at the end of the 4 years.

We bought 3 FCDs on Eurodam in December 2012. The FCC insisted that since we had 3 in cabin and were booking 3 for the future cruise, we MUST buy 3 instead of the 2 we have always bought. Previously we were told OBC would only be applied to first and second.

Don't know if that has changed or if she had wrong info.

We decided to do Europe this summer and were able to cancel Noordam for Dec. and apply the FCDs to our June booking. They took the 3 $100 deposits and said that was all we owed until final payment. When I got confirmation, it showed deposit due of $200 so I put that on credit card so my booking would not cancel.

I think they are not up to date on changes--the girl on the ship had info different than we ever did before, and the girl who booked Europe for us did not know the correct deposit amount.

Oh well, the crew onboard are wonderful so not a big deal:):).

We purchased 4 FCDs while on the Oosterdam in Dec. 2012.--2@$100 ea. for a short cruise and 2@$250 ea. for a medium length cruise. We didn't book on the ship.

A few weeks ago, we settled on 10 day southern Caribbean Noordam cruise in Dec. and used the 2 $100 FCDs for that deposit. I booked directly over the phone with HAL and it was very easy. I owed no other moneys for the deposit for the 2 of us and on my e-mailed receipt, it shows OBC of $120/passenger--a nice surprise because on the FCD paper work, the amount was much lower-I believe $50/passenger.

We hope to use the larger FCDs for a transatlantic in the fall of 2014.

When you pay the $250 per person, how much OBC do you get while on your current cruise?

You do not get any shipboard credit on your current cruise.

The shipboard credit will be for your future cruise.

Shipboard Credit per person 3 to 10 days 11 to 21 days 22 to 50 days 51+ days

Interior Stateroom/Ocean-view Stateroom $25 $50 $100 $150

Verandah (VQ–VH) $50 $75 $150 $200

Deluxe (PS–S, SA–SZ, A–BC) $50 $100 $150 $200

BQ classified as Verandah onms Veendam. For complete terms and conditions, please see reverse side.

Length of cruise Future Cruise Deposit per person

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

51 days and greater$1,000

Not applicable for Grand World Voyage, Grand Voyages or segments thereof. Stateroom availabilities on all sailings. The time to reserve your desired stateroom, suite and dining preference is now.

. . . on my e-mailed receipt, it shows OBC of $120/passenger--a nice surprise because on the FCD paper work, the amount was much lower-I believe $50/passenger.

You got the FCD OBC and the $140 ($70 pp) OBC for the anniversary sale. :)

Thanks for starting this thread Sail - it answers one question I had. Unfortunately from the replies it seems that there's still some "flexibility" in what is actually happening with deposit requirements! :rolleyes:

Yes, Jtl.......

Still confusion. :D

For the poster who discovered an extra $70 OBC on the confirmation, that is for HAL's 140th Anniversary Special. Your cruise must be eligible. :)

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

Not applicable for Grand World Voyage, Grand Voyages or segments thereof. Stateroom availabilities on all sailings. The time to reserve your desired stateroom, suite and dining preference is now.

SO...if I bought two $100 future cruise deposits then if I decide to do a 19 day cruise I will have to make up the difference of $300 for that cruise?? is that correct?

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

SO...if I bought two $100 future cruise deposits then if I decide to do a 19 day cruise I will have to make up the difference of $300 for that cruise?? is that correct?

We had FCDs for $100 and booked a cruise needing the $250 FCC deposit (otherwise $600 per person). The girl on the phone at HAL applied our deposits and said that was all we needed to pay until final payment time. The confirmation showed the difference to the $500 due. We went ahead and put the extra on our credit card so the reservation would not be cancelled. I don't know if they would cancel or not but did not want to take the chance.

We had FCDs for $100 and booked a cruise needing the $250 FCC deposit (otherwise $600 per person). The girl on the phone at HAL applied our deposits and said that was all we needed to pay until final payment time. The confirmation showed the difference to the $500 due. We went ahead and put the extra on our credit card so the reservation would not be cancelled. I don't know if they would cancel or not but did not want to take the chance.

Good move putting the extra on your credit card despite the girl not requiring it. I would have done the same. Why take the chance?

We have also just booked a cruise using our "old" $100 FCD. The agent on the phone from HAL did not ask for any more $ for deposit. Is it because they were still under the old rules for FCD?

We have also just booked a cruise using our "old" $100 FCD. The agent on the phone from HAL did not ask for any more $ for deposit. Is it because they were still under the old rules for FCD?

If you bought your FCD under the previous guidelines, I believe that the policies applicable at time of purchase will apply when you use that FCD to book a sailing.

If you bought your FCD under the previous guidelines, I believe that the policies applicable at time of purchase will apply when you use that FCD to book a sailing.

I think you're correct.

We bought future cruise credits last summer while on the Amsterdam under the old rule.

When we went to book a cruise in December, we had to pay the rest of the deposit according to the new rules.

[quote

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

END QUOTE

Haven't purchased one of these on HAL in a while. To be sure I understand: if you were planning a two to three-week cruise in the future, you would pay $250 per person deposit and your onboard credit for an ocean view stateroom would be only $50 per person ($100 for two in a stateroom)?

That doesn't compare favorably with Celebrity Open Passages which calls for only $100 per person deposit and a $300 per stateroom OBC.

[quote

3 to 10 days $100

11 to 21 days $250

22 to 50 days $500

END QUOTE

Haven't purchased one of these on HAL in a while. To be sure I understand: if you were planning a two to three-week cruise in the future, you would pay $250 per person deposit and your onboard credit for an ocean view stateroom would be only $50 per person ($100 for two in a stateroom)?

That doesn't compare favorably with Celebrity Open Passages which calls for only $100 per person deposit and a $300 per stateroom OBC.

That sounds like a super deal.

We bought future cruise credits last summer while on the Amsterdam under the old rule.

When we went to book a cruise in December, we had to pay the rest of the deposit according to the new rules.

Strange KK, I had one of the old future cruise credits as well and had no problem using it without paying any more:D I'll give full credit to my TA:D

Archived