New Future Cruise Deposit Rules

sail7seas

Did they state those terms to you at any time?

Did FCC say this?

Did the receipt you received for the purchase of the FCD's say that?

If not, how were you supposed to know if no one told you.

Seems a rather unilateral term they placed on the contract and never advised you.

That is not a good thing. IMO

I think they should include that verbage on the receipt so you can get refund while on the ship if you don't agree or they should honor those they have sold where they did not tell the buyers exactly HOW they could use what they bought.

Had you known, you could have made a decided choice whether you wanted the FCD's good for U.S. or Canadian bookings.

JMO....

Judy, I have found when I buy them that the FCC's 'assume' I want a Canadian $ FCC - I usually have to tell them no I want a US $ one.

In fact, on one occasion I had to go back and get it corrected - despite telling them I wanted a US $ FCD, they gave me a Canadian one. You really have to check.

My TA is very good (in the US) and will let us book in Canadian or US $ which is very appreciated.:D

I believe it is specified on the certificate that you have to book in the $$ type you purchased and it is not interchangeable. Kind of dumb IMO since there are only 2 currencies. If one was willing to pay the difference, why not?

who knows what brilliant ideas lurk in the minds of Seattle:rolleyes:

Did they state those terms to you at any time?

Did FCC say this?

Did the receipt you received for the purchase of the FCD's say that?

If not, how were you supposed to know if no one told you.

Seems a rather unilateral term they placed on the contract and never advised you.

That is not a good thing. IMO

I think they should include that verbage on the receipt so you can get refund while on the ship if you don't agree or they should honor those they have sold where they did not tell the buyers exactly HOW they could use what they bought.

Had you known, you could have made a decided choice whether you wanted the FCD's good for U.S. or Canadian bookings.

JMO....

What the FCC asked us was whether we wanted to pay in CAD or USD. We chose CAD only because we are Canadian.

The only other thing mentioned in the "fine print" at the bottom is "The currency is non-changeable. Nothing else whatsoever.:mad:

What the FCC asked us was whether we wanted to pay in CAD or USD. We chose CAD only because we are Canadian.

The only other thing mentioned in the "fine print" at the bottom is "The currency is non-changeable. Nothing else whatsoever.:mad:

Thanks for this info.

Sadly, though it is vague and not perfectly clear as to your experience right now with your booking, it likely is enough to cover them.

It at least offered the opportunity to think there might be something about which you wanted to ask.

I KNOW for sure, I would NOT have seen, read or thought about that and think most of us would skim over it so not blaming you in any way but that is likely what they would point to if the issue was firmly pushed.

Sorry they are inflexible with you about this.

Is it 4 years to sail or 4 years to place a deposit on a specific cruise?

Under the old program, you would have had 4 years to book a specific sailing ... sorry, but I don't know if HAL has toyed with that aspect of the program.

When did you book your cruise using the old FCC's?

We just booked a TA - 14 days for April 2014, on 4/29/13... used $100 fbc, that were due to expire (4 years) early in 2014... we were not asked to pay anything extra either.

Does anyone know what the deposits (both FCC and non-FCC) for the 70+day Grand Voyages? (This comes under the hearing of "wishful thinking.")

I don't know the full amount, but I do know that Future Cruise Deposits cannot be used on Grand Voyages, or segments thereof.

Judy, I have found when I buy them that the FCC's 'assume' I want a Canadian $ FCC - I usually have to tell them no I want a US $ one.

In fact, on one occasion I had to go back and get it corrected - despite telling them I wanted a US $ FCD, they gave me a Canadian one. You really have to check.

My TA is very good (in the US) and will let us book in Canadian or US $ which is very appreciated.:D

I believe it is specified on the certificate that you have to book in the $$ type you purchased and it is not interchangeable. Kind of dumb IMO since there are only 2 currencies. If one was willing to pay the difference, why not?

who knows what brilliant ideas lurk in the minds of Seattle:rolleyes:

A few years back we wanted to book a cruise in US dollars because the exchange rate HAL was charging to book Canadian was outrageous. Even though it can't be done, our TA was able to have our Canadian dollar FCC's refunded to our CC and new $100 ones charged to us in US dollars. She really saved us a great deal of money on that cruise. Ever since then we have always bought our FCC's in US dollars.

Archived