Interesting Booze story

We were on Brilliance recently and purchased two liters of rum on Guadeloupe. I fully expected them to keep the liquor and return it to us later, just put it thru the xray machine in the bag they came in. Picked it up on the other side and went to our room no questions asked:D:) It appeared the security people were local (the area was on shore, not on the ship), I guess they didn't care about booze!

few years ago i was on navigator. while in cozumel we bought some liquor the bottle wasnt that big a friend of ours was with us he bought some too his bottle was alittle bigger than ours. when we put it in the machine they took it said we can have it back when we get back to fl. our friend his wasnt taken in fact he got to open it that nite. i was like not fair

I've seen this happen as well too, so I think it all depends on how much the screener is paying attention and/or how much they care. Sometimes we can get lucky!

Kind of a little disconcerting though. I would hope that if they saw a weapon that they would actually find it and not allow it to be brought on board!

Everything is relative!:)

Sometimes you get lucky!:D

Sometimes you don't! :eek:

Exactly. When you see someone pulled over for speeding do you immediately call 911 and self report that you, too, were speeding before you saw the cop had someone pulled over? Or do you chalk it up to sometimes you're lucky, and sometimes the other guy is lucky? :D

We were on Brilliance recently and purchased two liters of rum on Guadeloupe. I fully expected them to keep the liquor and return it to us later, just put it thru the xray machine in the bag they came in. Picked it up on the other side and went to our room no questions asked:D:) It appeared the security people were local (the area was on shore, not on the ship), I guess they didn't care about booze!

It would be even better if the guard had asked "what, no mixers?".....Good for you.

On HAL a few years ago - Grenada was like that. The locals had their own security screening station with x-ray and metal detector, so HAL didn't do one. The locals screened for weapons, not booze.

All the drinkers onboard knew it too and took complete advantage :cool:

Lydia

ps. you can bring food on the ship (usually), you just can't take it off the ship (port regulations - they don't want any strange bugs).

The same thing happened to me, too. I bought a sampler pack of different rums. I totally forgot about it and it went through the X-ray machine. When I got back to the room I saw it in the bag. I never drank any of it on the ship. I still even have those sampler bottles. Way too sweet!

Archived