Chances of a "S" Suite becoming available?

CruiseWhere

Hey Chief,

What have you and Dh been up to other than the antiartic. Bombay is here..... Sure would like to sail again with you folks, let me hear from you. Linda

We are doing great and hope likewise for both of you. Check out are booked cruises. We would love to sail with you again. B.

PS: What's for dinner?:)

The questions need to be answered before I can think of trying to give you fairly accurate answers:

1. What Ship

2. What Date of Departure

3. How long is the cruise

We cruise the first cruise after Thanksgiving every year on either Vista or Signature Class ships, and have been upgraded for free from VA to SA (once) from SZ we were Up Sold (bought for $100.00 each) to SC Guarantee and then upgraded for free from that same SZ to an SA (Once). All were Caribbean cruises that, as I said were the first cruises out of Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale) after Thanksgiving.

We are doing the same time frame on Zuiderdam November 29, 2013, and while I expect a price drop and upgrades & Up Sells being made to many on our cruise, I never count on it happening, though I love to have it happen:)

It also depends on the length of the cruise and where it is going.

Joanie

Oh Joanie - I am crossing all my fingers, toes, ears and ponytails....:p We will leave on November 30th on the Westerdam out of FLL and I am sooooooo hoping an upsell will come our way, too!

If you have a lucky upsell fairy hotline - please put in a good word for me as well - would you? ;)

Have a great day!

Realistically what are the chances of a Neptune Suite becoming available for a November cruise? All are gone now, wondering if any will open up:confused:

We were booked into SS8099. We moved in and went to lunch in the MDR, and when we returned our steward greeted us, saying, "You moving downstairs. You big-time now". The occupants of an SA cabin had to cancel the 2nd half of their B2B and we were upgraded to their cabin. Sure was great to see Franz again!

Hi Candy,

FRANZ..... I'm so happy to hear he is still wiith HAL. We have not seen him in a long time but he's one of the finest concierges we ever enjoyed knowing. He was just having his third child as I recall, when last we saw him.

Was it on Noordam you saw him?

I agree if you join the wait list and put down a deposit, there is a good chance that you will be upgraded. It never hurts to ask.

I'm actually not looking for an upgrade. We were looking to book a suite but they are all sold out for the 2 particular cruises that we were looking at. I was just wondering what the chances are that someone in a suite will cancel

We were booked into SS8099. We moved in and went to lunch in the MDR, and when we returned our steward greeted us, saying, "You moving downstairs. You big-time now". The occupants of an SA cabin had to cancel the 2nd half of their B2B and we were upgraded to their cabin. Sure was great to see Franz again!

That is really a last minute upgrade.

Congratulations!!

I'm sorry that I misspoke. I meant to say an up sale instead of an upgrade. We were put on a wait list once with a deposit, and when I inquired the first time of the chance of getting a suite, they said that there were several wait listed, but when I mentioned that I would be willing to put a deposit, they informed me that we were next in line, and indeed the suite did open up, and we got it. Sorry about the wrong word earlier. Good luck.

I'm sorry that I misspoke. I meant to say an up sale instead of an upgrade. We were put on a wait list once with a deposit, and when I inquired the first time of the chance of getting a suite, they said that there were several wait listed, but when I mentioned that I would be willing to put a deposit, they informed me that we were next in line, and indeed the suite did open up, and we got it. Sorry about the wrong word earlier. Good luck.

Thank you! I appreciate the hope and your info!!:D:):)

There is really nothing to lose to go on the wait list with a deposit as it is refundable. If for some reason, a suite is offered you but you change your mind, you will get the deposit returned.

Hi Candy,

FRANZ..... I'm so happy to hear he is still wiith HAL. We have not seen him in a long time but he's one of the finest concierges we ever enjoyed knowing. He was just having his third child as I recall, when last we saw him.

Was it on Noordam you saw him?

Yes, Franz was on the Noordam in March 2012. Since then he has been promoted to (something like) International Concierge, and I believe he is now on vacation. He is, indeed, a delightful, personable and efficient Concierge, and I hope to see him on Noordam again in the Fall.

[quote name='Candy'][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Yes, Franz was on the Noordam in March 2012. Since then he has been promoted to (something like) International Concierge, and I believe he is now on vacation. He is, indeed, a delightful, personable and efficient Concierge, and I hope to see him on Noordam again in the Fall.[/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]
Franz is joining the Nieuw Amsterdam in June. Sorry I'll miss him.

[/COLOR]

Archived