Chances of a "S" Suite becoming available?

CruiseWhere

Realistically what are the chances of a Neptune Suite becoming available for a November cruise? All are gone now, wondering if any will open up:confused:

BTW we returned from out Maasdam 25 day cruise on April 12th. Was nearly a 10/10 but one huge issue.......and NO I'm not going to get into it on here! Other then that was incredible!!! More then happy to answer any questions!!

Which class of ships?

There are far more Neptune Suites on a Vista or Signature ship than a "S" or "R" class.

But there is a good chance someone will cancel. Start watching around final payment time. That is when someone who wasn't really serious about going but held the cabin will release it.

Realistically what are the chances of a Neptune Suite becoming available for a November cruise? All are gone now, wondering if any will open up:confused:

BTW we returned from out Maasdam 25 day cruise on April 12th. Was nearly a 10/10 but one huge issue.......and NO I'm not going to get into it on here! Other then that was incredible!!! More then happy to answer any questions!!

The questions need to be answered before I can think of trying to give you fairly accurate answers:

1. What Ship

2. What Date of Departure

3. How long is the cruise

We cruise the first cruise after Thanksgiving every year on either Vista or Signature Class ships, and have been upgraded for free from VA to SA (once) from SZ we were Up Sold (bought for $100.00 each) to SC Guarantee and then upgraded for free from that same SZ to an SA (Once). All were Caribbean cruises that, as I said were the first cruises out of Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale) after Thanksgiving.

We are doing the same time frame on Zuiderdam November 29, 2013, and while I expect a price drop and upgrades & Up Sells being made to many on our cruise, I never count on it happening, though I love to have it happen:)

It also depends on the length of the cruise and where it is going.

Joanie

Sorry about that:rolleyes: We have not booked anything as of yet (due to debating whether we will take the chance and sail with HAL again0, however if we decide to the cruises that we are looking at are the Nov 9th, 24nts Hawaii & Mexican Riviera on the Veendam and the Nov 16, 17nts Circle Hawaii, also on the Veendam.

Why do you tease us?

You tell us there was a HUGE issue and then you won't say what! :rolleyes: Not nice. :(

Sorry about that:rolleyes: We have not booked anything as of yet (due to debating whether we will take the chance and sail with HAL again0, however if we decide to the cruises that we are looking at are the Nov 9th, 24nts Hawaii & Mexican Riviera on the Veendam and the Nov 16, 17nts Circle Hawaii, also on the Veendam.

With the risk of being flamed - I know you are fussy Catherine - this is not the right ship as there is a potential for problems.

there have been issues - it's a great ship don't get me wrong - but do a bit of a search and you will see major issues that have been raised.

Just a heads up - unfortunately all ships on HAL are not equal. JMO though;)

Must have been one of the "Hot Button" topics and the OP didn't want to start another war:D

bingo!!!!!:d;)

Oh come on, you can tell me. I promise I won't tell anyone else:D

Did it begin with an "S":eek:

With the risk of being flamed - I know you are fussy Catherine - this is not the right ship as there is a potential for problems.

there have been issues - it's a great ship don't get me wrong - but do a bit of a search and you will see major issues that have been raised.

Just a heads up - unfortunately all ships on HAL are not equal. JMO though;)

Actually Jacqui this was the first ship we sailed on of HAL's when we took my Mother with us to Bermuda. We had no issues with the Veendam at all. It was actually due to this cruise that we were hooked on "S" Suites. Without being blunt (you know me) the issues, whatever they may or might be with this ship would pale in comparison to the issue that is holding us back on whether we will choose to sail with them again.:cool:

Actually Jacqui this was the first ship we sailed on of HAL's when we took my Mother with us to Bermuda. We had no issues with the Veendam at all. It was actually due to this cruise that we were hooked on "S" Suites. Without being blunt (you know me) the issues, whatever they may or might be with this ship would pale in comparison to the issue that is holding us back on whether we will choose to sail with them again.:cool:

then life is good:D Sorry for the post - I didn't know

Catherine,

Was that cruise before the refit on Veendam that took away her aft pool and added cabins on Navigation Deck?

Veendam no longer has the Navigation Deck aft pool like on Maasdam but has some hot tubs on Lido Deck. There was a refit Part I where they built a 'poolette' but that didn't work out so refit Part II removed the poolette and put in some big hot tubs.

A heads up.... just in case you were not aware of this and care.

then life is good:D Sorry for the post - I didn't know

Catherine,

Was that cruise before the refit on Veendam that took away her aft pool and added cabins on Navigation Deck?

Veendam no longer has the Navigation Deck aft pool like on Maasdam but has some hot tubs on Lido Deck. There was a refit Part I where they built a 'poolette' but that didn't work out so refit Part II removed the poolette and put in some big hot tubs.

A heads up.... just in case you were not aware of this and care.

Judy,

We were on the Veendam when I believe they had the 2 little "poolettes". They looked like wading pools from what I remember, we never spent anytime there. This was August 2011, when we needed to leave the island early due to Hurricane Irene on our tail.

Thank you! I appreciate your info.

Its a long time till November, if you waitlist yourself on that cruise now, I think you have a good chance of getting your 'S' suite. A lot can happen between now and then.

Thank you Melodie!! Appreciate your advice....now just need to make a decision on which one :rolleyes:

There's always a chance one will become available. Are you thinking upgrade/upsell?

Really not enough information on your request.

Hey Chief,

What have you and Dh been up to other than the antiartic. Bombay is here..... Sure would like to sail again with you folks, let me hear from you. Linda

Archived