Time in Juneau

snowmen

Going to be in Juneau on the Sapphire. The times are 1p-10p. Anyone know if Sapphire is usually on time? How long does it take to get off the ship with all those people? What time are you required to be back on the ship?

Going to be in Juneau on the Sapphire. The times are 1p-10p. Anyone know if Sapphire is usually on time? How long does it take to get off the ship with all those people? What time are you required to be back on the ship?

We were on the Sapphire in May so maybe I can help. Yes, the Sapphire was on time (+/- a few minutes). It doesn't take long to get off the ship at all. The ship used two gangways and people seemed to disembark pretty quickly. If the ship is in port until 10 PM, you are usually required back on the ship about a half hour before sailing. Have a fabulous cruise and don't worry about anything.

If it makes any difference to you, even though there were two ships in port late (till 10) when we were there, a couple of the really nice galleries were closed by 8:00 and many of the other stores in town by 8:30. Not a big shopper myself but just thought I'd throw that in.

I was wondering about this timeframe also. We will be on the Vision in May, '06, and our time is Juneau is from 3pm to 11pm. I am worried that this won't allow us to have a tour with Capt. Larry...or if available then, not a good time in the day for wildlife viewing. Then...what's available to see in town until 10pm-ish? Thanks for the info on when most shops would close.

Pat

You can probably get last our of the day on Vision with that timing even though it's not dark as late as in June.. they try to schedule around ship arrivals.. You can always go to website http://www.orcaenterprises.com and get the 800 no. and give them a call.. I know they are still concentrating on this year but with three boats next year I doubt it will be a problem.

You will be able to whale watch, he has about a 5:30pm sailing in May. I did a back to back with him in May and they took us directly to the ship- was docked at the AJ dock- way out of town. :)

We are on the Carival Spirit Sept/05. We are in Juneau 2-11pm. I had booked (Feb 05) for the 3pm whalewatching with Captain Larry. I then thought about the helicopter tour after I had made the booking, I called Captain Larry and since I was the first to book for that day she moved the whalewatching tour back a 1/2 hr so we could do the helicopter tour first. We will have to be one of the first off the ship. She will get us to the helicopter and pick us up for the whalewatching after. Give them a call or email and see what they can do for you.

Archived