Enhanced Driver's License and documentation ? for Canadians

Luckysll

Thought I'd start here before asking on the main boards or contacting Carnival direct.

I am looking at taking my daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandkids (13 and 14 at the time of the cruise) on an Alaska cruise in 2014 on the Carnival Miracle.

I have a passport, but none of them do and I'm wondering about what documentation they will need for embarkation.

We will NOT be flying to or from Seattle (will be taking the Victoria Clipper), and according to Carnival's website, an Enhanced Driver's License is acceptable as proof of citizenship and I know it's good for travelling to the US by land or sea. Have any Canadians used just an EDL for a cruise or was there something else (birth certificate, maybe) needed as well?

Also, what about my grandchildren? Is a birth certificate all that's needed?

I'm hoping we can avoid the added cost of getting four passports.

For such critical information I wouldn't rely on the advice of random strangers on a travel forum. If you follow the wrong advice you'll be left standing at the pier waving goodbye to the ship. I know that HAL refuses someone on every sailing out of Seattle because they don't have correct documentation.

Call your cruiseline and ask about THEIR travel ID requirements and also about requirements for minor grandchildren who are accompanying you, then speak to the Canadian gov't about their requirements. They aren't necessarily the same.

Here is a link that will provide the information you require; as you are not flying an EDL will suffice for the adults and given the ages of your DGC original birth certificates will be adequate.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/619/~/visiting-the-u.s.---documents-required-for-canadian-citizens-%2F-residents-%2F

Here is a link that will provide the information you require; as you are not flying an EDL will suffice for the adults and given the ages of your DGC original birth certificates will be adequate.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/619/~/visiting-the-u.s.---documents-required-for-canadian-citizens-%2F-residents-%2F

Thanks for the link.

Archived