Anybody assigned a V2 with the April Promotion?

cpgrneyes

I see that all the V3's are gone on the cruise I booked through this promotion. I've checked with my TA who indicated the only way I might get a V2 is to change the booking from the V3 (once the cabin was assigned) back to an X. I have a good cabin on Deck 7 currently, but would love to get more midship.

Just wondering if anybody has been assigned a V2? I'd hate for AZ not to assign a cabin right away and find out I'm down on Deck 6.

Call me greedy!

I see that all the V3's are gone on the cruise I booked through this promotion. I've checked with my TA who indicated the only way I might get a V2 is to change the booking from the V3 (once the cabin was assigned) back to an X. I have a good cabin on Deck 7 currently, but would love to get more midship.

Just wondering if anybody has been assigned a V2? I'd hate for AZ not to assign a cabin right away and find out I'm down on Deck 6.

Call me greedy!

Deck 6 is a good deal what's the problem? I have been upgraded 'cough' and given the price of the cruise I am doing it a brilliant upgrade. You know what they say... Never look a gift horse in the mouth! Bird in the hand worth 2 in the bush! Etc...

:)

I was concerned when we were assigned an aft cabin (6077) when I always had been a mid-ships girl, due to my queasy stomach. However, we were very happy with this quiet cabin, and my stomach did fine.

I actually prefer Deck 6 because it only is one floor away from the main dining room and the entertainment lounge and just two floors away from the usual departure gangway.

First time Azamara, many cruises on other lines. It's the WWII memories cruise in June 2014. Got assigned 6007 and am not happy - it's the first V3 at the bow. Now, I know it's a guarantee, but...have a call in to the TA, but has anyone successfully changed a GTY stateroom?

First time Azamara, many cruises on other lines. It's the WWII memories cruise in June 2014. Got assigned 6007 and am not happy - it's the first V3 at the bow. Now, I know it's a guarantee, but...have a call in to the TA, but has anyone successfully changed a GTY stateroom?
Yes, our TA did it for us last week with no problem.

Hi LDV

You might have a chance, depending on availabilty. Definitely worth a phone call to your TA. Good Luck !

Before we booked the guarantee cabin, I checked directly with Azamara to see if a change was possible if we weren't happy with the cabin assigned to us. We were told that as long as there were other V3 cabins available, that we would be able to change cabins.

We were also assigned cabin 6007. Since there were other V3 cabins available, I sent a list of several of those that we preferred to our TA, and she was able to secure one of those cabins for us.

Good luck.

I am looking at booking with Azamara for June 2014 and take advantage of the April promotion.

So does it matter whether I book through Azamara direct or a TA, they will assign my stateroom for the promotion, I don't get a choice in other words, is that right?

I am looking at booking with Azamara for June 2014 and take advantage of the April promotion.

So does it matter whether I book through Azamara direct or a TA, they will assign my stateroom for the promotion, I don't get a choice in other words, is that right?

We booked through our TA. When we booked, lots of V3 cabins were available. Cabin was assigned within two days. We didn't like the cabin location, so asked our TA to change the cabin to one that was preferable to us. No problem whatsoever. We now have a cabin that we like.

We also used the choice air promotion for one-way only, since we wanted to use our AA miles one-way for first class to Shanghai. We were told that we would get a credit of $500 (instead of the $1,000) for booking air only one-way, and it showed up that way on our invoice.

LDVinNC, there are lots of V3's on your sailing still available, including 7103 (or 7105) on Deck 7, immediately adjacent to V2's. That would be my pick, and yes, your TA can call and have the cabin switched.

Good to know there is still half of the ChoiceAir credit available for a one-way. We hope to book using miles for one way and purchase the other.

Unfortunately the T & C for UK guests does not include the ability to change your cabin within the same grade allocated. It is a case of you get a guarantee and that's it.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/news-and-offers/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions.aspx

Unfortunately the T & C for UK guests does not include the ability to change your cabin within the same grade allocated. It is a case of you get a guarantee and that's it.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/news-and-offers/cruise-deals/terms-and-conditions.aspx

It looks like the less-desirable cabins are the first assigned through the Guarantee. We were also assigned to 6007 when there were lots of other V3s available. We would not have booked a Guarantee if we thought that we would have to settle for a cabin in the bow. As I mentioned previously, I had checked directly with Azamara before booking, and was told that our cabin, once assigned, could be changed to any other V3 that was available. Our TA was able to change our cabin as soon as 6007 was assigned. We live in the US and use an online US TA.

I'm pretty sure that a UK cruiser could book through a US online TA. I know that our US online TA can book UK cruisers on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean - so possibly on Azamara too. That might be a way to get around the UK Ts & Cs.

Thanks for clarifying the stateroom situation - so it's really the luck of the draw or whatever is left and if there isn't much left then I suppose you could get an upgraded balcony or what one might class as a better balcony.

I prefer midship but not bothered where we are as long as it is a full balcony and not obstructed! :)

I DO know what a guarantee is. You pay your money and take your chances. Normally I would not have booked a GTY - but with the April promotion, I paid the inside rate. Worth the risk, and besides they changed the cabin for us anyway!

I DO know what a guarantee is. You pay your money and take your chances. Normally I would not have booked a GTY - but with the April promotion, I paid the inside rate. Worth the risk, and besides they changed the cabin for us anyway!

I also booked a GTY for the April promotion, was given cabin 6008 and was able to switch to a cabin on deck 7 with no problem.

There is a massive (£1000) price difference for booking a GTY Balcony as opposed to getting an assigned room at booking, that £1000 can buy a lot of stuff so I am happy to take my chance and see what happens!

Sounds like Azamara keeps trying to fill their least desirable rooms first, but people switch out of them.

The very last person to book under this promotion will probably luck out — the verandas will all be gone and they'll get a suite.

Which category?

We booked veranda for our first, Rome to Istanbul cruise. Our TA was able to book the 2nd cruise (Nice to Rome) at April's promo rate, and AZ gave us our same balcony cabin for all 17 nights. I am content.

Archived