What is the worst thing you forgot?

superduper123

Well, bumpy-bumpy. It's OK, still relevant. :p I was upset the last 2 cruises (you think I'd have learned!!!!!) that we did not pack enough toothpaste for the trips. Seriously? Hubby and I use the same brand and I honestly thought I had calculated it correctly - two or three times a day times two people for our entire vacation, pre and post cruise included. NOPE. I was so not going to pay $8.99 for a tube of toothpaste in the onboard general store so I admit I spent some of my port day looking for a tube at a reasonable price. *sigh*

Moral of the story - take 2 tubes! You can bring the rest back home. :D

On one of our Baja cruises, my hubby was harping on me the morning of our cruise because of all the pieces I've packed. Of course, I was packing for both our toddler and myself, so things like items for a 23 month year old as well as for me. He was being stubborn (men!) so I had to hurriedly combine two pieces, trying to decide on the fly what not to take so I can repack the rest. In the meantime, hubby put stuff in the car. When I finally finished with the last item, he took it and said he put the coats in the car. Turns out he put his coat and the girl's, but not mine. Didn't discover this until we reached the port and he was taking everything out of the car.

I did have a sweater with me, but I really could have used the coat (it's not exactly a warm weather cruise, especially when on the ocean).

From then on, I made sure my coat was with my suitcase.

My FIRST cruise I forgot my deodorant. Miami... Caribbean... not a good combo. I had to buy some in the hotel and it was not a brand I use or like and was around $6.00. Its funny cause I still have it and that was from 2008, lol lets just say I have not forgotten that since. Also I laugh because I packed SO much for that first cruise I was shocked... I did not use about 1/2 of what I brought...

One year I forgot to pack underwear for my kids when they were about 5 and 8. Luckily they lived in bathing suits and I washed the one pair they wore each night and hung to dry. They threw them out when we got home, and they still laugh about it BUT now they do their own packing (at ages 9 and 12)!!!

My mistake was terribly costly.

I was using my brand new latest model iphone to listen to music on a flight from New York to Buenos Aires.I vaguely remember putting it in the seat pocket as I was drowsy.

Next morning we arrive at Buenos aires, I pack up my inflight bag, get off plane, and go to our pre-cruise hotel, where I discover my new iPhone is missing.

I called the airport and airlines- no one turned it in, of course. Called my DH who was not cruising with me. He did the locate my phone thing - it's in Miami. By the next afternoon it was in Spain according to Verizon. They erased all data from the phone, and I was left without a phone and the need to purchase one at full price...ugly.

We started off in Seattle with a 2hour delay. We get to our layover and we found out that the airplane we were supposed to be on was out of service. So we were waiting in a area where we were talking with folks about our different cameras. Did a little shopping,had a bite to eat. Husband went and checked on our flight,it was boarding. He came and grabbed me we went running and that is when I realized I did not have my purse.

We went running back and checked where we were sitting nothing, checked in with the nearest ticket agent nothing. So now I'm crying my DH tries to find the lost and found, you had to go thru the lines again so that was out.

I was walking by the garbage looking in them. That's when a man came out of the bathroom he opens his coat and asked if I was looking for this(my purse) my DH came around the wall and saw what was happening he put money in the mans hand and we ran making it to our flight.

I have only lost my purse twice since then it has always been found with everything in them. My DH now is in charge of my purse making sure it is attached to me.

I travelled with my mom and sister last July to Vancouver to take an Alaskan cruise. I did all the planning, booking arrangements etc. I made copies of everything for all three of us. I emailed them the packing list that my DH and I use so that they wouldn't forget anything. Basically, I did everything. I told them both several times, "what ever you do, don't forget your passport or your credit card". They sort of accused me of being bossy and an over planner, but in a making fun way, not a nasty way.

Well, we get to Vancouver, check in to the hotel and go for dinner.. When it's time to pay, my mom can't find her credit card. She's going through her purse and no, it's not there. So I pay for her and we go back to the room and she goes through all her luggage and no, it's not there. So we don't know if she's lost it or what. So I call home to talk to my DH. Because of the time difference I wake him up. He is staying at my mom's house to babysit her dog so that she can take this cruise. She has him go through her everyday purse that's still at home and sure enough there is the credit card. So at least we know it's safe and we don't have to call and cancel it.

For the rest of the cruise my sister and I paid for things for my mom. (she reimbursed us after). And the nice part was they both thanked me for all my planning and admitted that it made their cruise so enjoyable.

We didn't forget anything to take for the cruise but we left BOTH of the chargers for our electric toothbrushes on the NA last December. We never got them back and had to replace them. BUT we met a fantastic couple on the cruise and when we all got home, I wrote and told them what we had done. For Christmas they sent us each a battery operated toothbrush to take on future cruises. Isn't that wonderful?

So we lost two chargers but found two new great friends!

Edited by ithaca gal
Misspellings

I forgot my make-up case too! I only had some stuff that I keep in my purse that i rarely use. On various cruises, I've left my deoderant at home, toothpaste, left my sunglasses in the car at the cruise parking lot, forgot my migraine pills - nearly giving myself a migraine worrying about getting one. DH packed his suit, but no shirt or tie, no Advil... had to buy some in Key West for about $15! Forgot my envelope filled with various $ bills I'd saved throughout the year to use at the ports on drinks and stuff.

We got married in Las Vegas and the morning of our wedding I realized I left my slip at home. My dress was practically see through without it. DH was like...'who cares...it's Vegas! :eek:

uff.

We got married in Las Vegas and the morning of our wedding I realized I left my slip at home. My dress was practically see through without it. DH was like...'who cares...it's Vegas! :eek:

I live in Vegas. You have to remember our motto - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

LOL!!

DON

Prior to packing I'd tried on all of my cropped trousers to see which fitted - all of them - put them into 2 piles, one to be packed the others to go away (the by far bigger pile) and promptly packed the 2nd lot which whilst it is said you can never have too many, I don't think they meant a case full!

On the same cruise I packed precisely 1 skirt and 4 tops :eek:

My excuse is that I was distracted by our son emigrating only a week earlier and I was emotionally drained; sounds better than saying I'd obviously had a 'senior moment'

On our last cruise, after unpacking in our room, I couldn't find ANY of my casual clothes [emoji33]! Realized I'd left them out at home. Fortunately our first stop was Port Canaveral. We got some fantastic advise from some of our fellow cruisers on where to shop. Replaced all the clothes that I was going to need for the cruise! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am one of those OCD people about packing. As a matter of fact, I am not booking our next cruise for 2-3 weeks for August and I have already started my packing list!

2 cruises ago it was the first for just our family, me, DH and 2 DS's. On a "normal" night I got into the bed room, take everything off and go to sleep so I didn't even consider pajamas! First night driving we were just to tired and passed out in what we were wearing (December from PA, we were all wearing sweats). day before cruise we get to Tampa early and start getting ready for bed.. but wait, I don't have anything to sleep in with 2 teenage boys sharing a room for the next 8 nights! Quick trip to a Wal-mart and I now collect pajamas and own currently 15 pairs, I will never forget again!

Land vacation- I wanted to go back to Williamsburg because I had such fond memories as a child. Book everything in my name, order all the passes in my name. DH bought me a new purse a few weeks before hand. I hated the thing, it was large and heavy and I was used to my little maybe 6 x9 inch cloth cross-body purse. He made me switch everything to the new purse. I always kept my license in the little clear pocket in the front. Needless to say, it didn't get transferred! In the end, the only person who wanted my ID was the hotel (which is funny because $600 worth of park passes didn't need it..) After finally getting into the hotel room (which was the wrong room first and only slept 2 not 4...) we ended up being scared to sleep in there because it was so disgusting. Should have just went to the Hilton Garden Inn instead when they gave me a hard time checking in...

The only thing we have forgotten (so far) is the hairdryer.

But forgetting things is one of my biggest pre cruise fears, so I am so glad that even though most have forgotten something, they seemed to have gotten around it and it turned out to be "no big deal" in the end.

But I still get a knot in my stomach at the thought of leaving something behind. That is why I have a list for each family member and a family list. A things to buy and a things to pack list and then a very important Things not to forget list..and I will check them again..and again..and will still most likely forget something because that is how I roll..lol

I agree, I actually have multiple list I ck against each other.

The worst I've forgotten was all my slacks an Capris that were hanging on a hook in den, so now I have everything in one designated "staging area " so there's less chance.

We also had one other which kinda sorta was not our forgotten moment, picked up DH tux last minute at the dry cleaners an laid it the luggage plastic bag an all but when he took it out to wear we were surprised to find no tux pants, we were lucky that ship had pants we could rent but needless to say we don't forget to check.

Send from iPhone