Complimentary mini-bar

jamesnnb

Just to be sure I am understanding correctly. We booked a 14 day Southern/Eastern cruise on the Crown.It will return to FLL .My husband is Elite with Princess,I am fairly new and also new to CC. Does this mean we would be able to get 2 free bar set ups ,and 2 -150 min. internet packages.Also,will we have to disembark in FLL. and reboard?Thanks for the info,I am so much enjoying learning form these boards.DH has never been a detail person so is not the best source of info.:eek: But lots of fun:)

On your first return to FLL you will meet with others who are doing a B2B in a lounge. You will be given new key cards. You will then leave the ship and have your first key card de-activated. You will go into the terminal to a customs agent. You will then line up and re-board the ship and get your new key card activated. At least that is how it was last February when I did a B2B aboard the Emerald Princess.

Here is the direct link to the Elite Mini-Bar FAQ mentioning the Coffee Cards.

You do need to be logged in to your Princess account to get there.

Print and pack it in case you get told "no"

That you very much! :)

On your first return to FLL you will meet with others who are doing a B2B in a lounge. You will be given new key cards. You will then leave the ship and have your first key card de-activated. You will go into the terminal to a customs agent. You will then line up and re-board the ship and get your new key card activated. At least that is how it was last February when I did a B2B aboard the Emerald Princess.

Unfortunately not everyone followed the procedures on our cruise which resulted in a lengthy delay due to those who had to be located to make them get off the ship & clear immigrations which unfortunately affected everyone. :(

That you very much! :)

Unfortunately not everyone followed the procedures on our cruise which resulted in a lengthy delay due to those who had to be located to make them get off the ship & clear immigrations which unfortunately affected everyone. :(

Why oh why can't people follow proper procedures....it is so frustrating to everyone who is affected:confused::confused::confused:

Wondering how princess deals with cruisers who booked 7day b2b vs booked 14day passengers on the same voyage. According to the net you get a free setup once per cruise so if you book 14day you only get it once?

Same for internet and other things. Book 7 days b2b and get 150minutes twice(300 total), if you book 14 day you only get 250? Seems odd but not impossible. :)

That is correct, you get 2 mini bar set-ups and 2 internet minutes.

If the B2B is about the same price as the 14 day, I book B2B. However, the 14 day is usually cheaper

Here is the direct link to the Elite Mini-Bar FAQ mentioning the Coffee Cards.

You do need to be logged in to your Princess account to get there.

Print and pack it in case you get told "no"

Thank you for the link!!!!

On my Feb. cruise, I tried to exchange my mini-bar for coffee cards and was told NO. The head of the Food and Beverage Dept was at our M&G, so I even asked him and the answer was still NO.:(

I've printed the page and will take it with me on my next cruise.:):)

On my Feb. cruise, I tried to exchange my mini-bar for coffee cards and was told NO. The head of the Food and Beverage Dept was at our M&G, so I even asked him and the answer was still NO.:(

Hi there. How are you doing? See you on another cruise soon.

Yes, too bad we didn't know this before our February cruise. I will carry a PDF copy with me from now on.

Renee

Thanks for the info. I have just printed out the page referring to the coffee cards. We are on the May 25 th 14 day return vancouver and will get a minibar set up for the first leg and coffee cards for the second... We hope. I called princess to confirm and although I was put on hold for literally 20 minutes they did confirm that this was correct. No that is settled I am perplexed as to what to pack, I guess it will be cold... Or not :)

Melinda

Being elite I receive a free mini-bar set up and 150 minutes of internet regardless of my DW status. However, if DW is also elite will she receive a free mini-bar set up and the 150 minutes of internet?

Being elite I receive a free mini-bar set up and 150 minutes of internet regardless of my DW status. However, if DW is also elite will she receive a free mini-bar set up and the 150 minutes of internet?

The mini bar is per cabin while the internet credit is per eligible person. So if you are both Elite you will each get an internet credit, but together you will get one min-bar setup.

We've had the same experience as Paul...one mini-bar setup per cabin per cruise no matter how many elite's are in a cabin.

Elite Member Benefits are described at https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp#Elite.

"Complimentary Mini Bar Set Up**" has a note at the bottom of the page "**For passengers 21 and over, complimentary mini-bar set-up is one time only, per stateroom." It clearly states "per stateroom".

Hi:

I have spent many hours in trying to print out the benefits information about exchanging the mini bar for coffee cards and I give up.

Princess customer service was no help.

Is it possible for one of you kind persons to scan and email me this page?

My email address is syjcc@aol.com.

Thank you.

Synet165

Hi:

I have spent many hours in trying to print out the benefits information about exchanging the mini bar for coffee cards and I give up.

Princess customer service was no help.

Is it possible for one of you kind persons to scan and email me this page?

My email address is syjcc@aol.com.

Thank you.

Synet165

If you click on the attached PDF file (a very common free Adobe Acrobat Reader download) you can view the Elite Mini-Bar info. :)

Elite Mini.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

Shouldn't the Captain's Circle representative onboard be able to help obtain any allowed exchange?

We will be Elite soon and will prefer the two coffee cards. If told no, I would like to be able to turn to the Captain's Circle representative for help. I would think that the Captain's Circle representative would have the Q&A readily available to them on their computer and want to help members with their benefits.

But I will take a copy of the Elite Mini-Bar Q&A just in case.

Excellent link, Astro Flyer! Thanks!!

Glad it was helpful...I figured it would help more people to add it as an attachment than by just emailing it to 'synet165' and I've printed out several copies for myself.

Shouldn't the Captain's Circle representative onboard be able to help obtain any allowed exchange?

We will be Elite soon and will prefer the two coffee cards. If told no, I would like to be able to turn to the Captain's Circle representative for help. I would think that the Captain's Circle representative would have the Q&A readily available to them on their computer and want to help members with their benefits.

But I will take a copy of the Elite Mini-Bar Q&A just in case.

Yes...I've used the Captain's Circle rep a few times & they've been very helpful with solving a problem everytime.

Edited by Astro Flyer

It is important to note that when the coffee card exchange was first offered it was for the second leg of a South American cruise with over 1,000 Elite passengers doing a B2B2B. A special letter was sent our a couple of days before the end of the first leg. They might have be running low on mini-bottles. It hasn't always been offered and might have been due to special circumstances.

It is important to note that when the coffee card exchange was first offered it was for the second leg of a South American cruise with over 1,000 Elite passengers doing a B2B2B. A special letter was sent our a couple of days before the end of the first leg. They might have be running low on mini-bottles. It hasn't always been offered and might have been due to special circumstances.

I thought the letter or form we got on Grand Princess South America cruise was great. So much easier than waiting for the setup to be levlivered, then calling room service to swap and then verifying we got the correct setup. For the second and third leg we were able to pre-order our setup. They delivered it towards the end of the leg and we were done.

The form clearly listed our options.

I thought the same thing but now that the 2 coffee card option to exchange for the entire mini-bar is clearly stated in the Captain's Circle Mini-Bar FAQ's it should be available fleetwide.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Glad it was helpful...I figured it would help more people to add it as an attachment than by just emailing it to 'synet165' and I've printed out several copies for myself.

Great idea!

It sure wasn't very easy to find on the website so the file will be helpful to many.

Thank you for your efforts! Susan

Great idea!

It sure wasn't very easy to find on the website so the file will be helpful to many.

Thanks & I couldn't find it on the Princess website either but thankfully 'Red Hat Cruise Cat' posted the link so I could locate the info & I simply put it into a PDF file for others to view. :)

To me the best part of CC is learning from each other by exchanging such useful info. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

To me the best part of CC is learning from each other by exchanging such useful info. :D

In that spirit I'd like to add:

Room Service is whom you call for any of these exchanges, including the Coffee Cards.

Edited by sminfiddle

Has anyone done the mini bar set for coffee card exchange?

I am wondering if the sailing information on the coffee cards is blank so that they can be used on a future cruise.