Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

Anyone traveling with Apple devices here's what I purchased from the Office Max. It's the Duracell® Pro 163 Dual USB AC Charger Item # 407338, $11.34 each. You can charge 2 Apple devices via the USB socket. I've tested it out & it recharges fast. Good to have with limited socket space in the stateroom.

Tom😀

It might seem really simple but I found that I absolutely could not do without the Bear Necessities ... my BACK SCRATCHER ........ and it takes up no room

It is so much better than doing "the Balou" on the room walls! LOL

That's Mrs Gut's job.

In fact sometimes I need my spare glasses to find my glasses.

Worst is get in the shower and try to find which is shampoo and which is body wash, end up needing to call Mrs Gut to tell me.:eek:

With respect, may I suggest that you establish WHICH is the shampoo and place it in a designated spot and the body wash in a different but easily reachable spot so you don't confuse the 2. I used body wash as a shampoo once, it was er-DIFFICULT to rinse thoroughly and my scalp became VERY itchy. My hairdresser managed to clear my hair but scolded me thoroughly for taking a "short cut" that was anything but practical. A designated 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner will do a reasonable job but NOT body wash/shower gel! I also wear glasses and was giggling at the thought of your struggles-I am as careful as possible to NOT have similar bottles in the shower for that very reason. Or if they're identical, I decant some of 1 product into a different travel-sized bottle fitted with a pump, I have 1 set that provides labels, but small adhesive labels should work as well. HTH.

With respect, may I suggest that you establish WHICH is the shampoo and place it in a designated spot and the body wash in a different but easily reachable spot so you don't confuse the 2. I used body wash as a shampoo once, it was er-DIFFICULT to rinse thoroughly and my scalp became VERY itchy. My hairdresser managed to clear my hair but scolded me thoroughly for taking a "short cut" that was anything but practical. A designated 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner will do a reasonable job but NOT body wash/shower gel! I also wear glasses and was giggling at the thought of your struggles-I am as careful as possible to NOT have similar bottles in the shower for that very reason. Or if they're identical, I decant some of 1 product into a different travel-sized bottle fitted with a pump, I have 1 set that provides labels, but small adhesive labels should work as well. HTH.

It'd never work, two reasons

1. I'd never remember

2. Mrs Gut would move them.

So she just gets to see me in all my glory and tell me which is which. (wonder if that's why she's going blind, scratching her own eyes out after such a sight:eek:)

It'd never work, two reasons

1. I'd never remember

2. Mrs Gut would move them.

So she just gets to see me in all my glory and tell me which is which. (wonder if that's why she's going blind, scratching her own eyes out after such a sight:eek:)

Some things you can't unsee.

I have my cruise bag always packed, and thought I had it all, but after my 12/17 Ruby cruise I have added a new item. Powered Gatorade. Yep, despite being a germaphobe and incredibly cautious, I was hit hard with the dreaded Norovirus along with hundreds of my fellow passengers. Spent 3 days of my 5 day cruise in the cabin. You can't even buy Gatorade on board. Dehydration is a serious issue.

Shampoo and conditioner is a must, foreign socket adapter (don't be rude). I also take with me,,,,,,, A playstation or device with an HDD and plenty of movies and tv shows with a spare hdmi cable. I know there's plenty to do though sometimes you just want to hang around the stateroom.

Last time we took a four pack of battery operated tea lights. Used them in the bathroom at night for just enough light to keep our shins and toes intact.

Also used them for adding light during our UBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last time we took a four pack of battery operated tea lights. Used them in the bathroom at night for just enough light to keep our shins and toes intact.

Also used them for adding light during our UBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

After I endured a State-wide blackout, I found a headlight torch @ AUD$4 in the camping section of Kmart-Target might also have them, have not personally checked my local Target so cannot say-with 3 lithium batteries supplied. The straps are a bit challenging, tending to lift the torch off my head due to my hair so I have to keep pulling it back into position, but I found it very useful on the cruise when I "had to get up" in the night and was too lazy to put the light on-travelling solo. Total size about palm-size, will hang on a Rollator handle for easy access in an emergency and gives immeasurable peace of mind that Iwon't be caught in the dark in an emergency. HTH.

What is the item specifically that you buy from Serendipity to enclose your Princess luggage tags? What is their web site and can the item be purchased on their site? Thanks
You can also get the luggage tags from Amazon, that's where I got mine. They have a variety of sizes that work for all cruise lines.

After I endured a State-wide blackout, I found a headlight torch @ AUD$4 in the camping section of Kmart-Target might also have them, have not personally checked my local Target so cannot say-with 3 lithium batteries supplied. The straps are a bit challenging, tending to lift the torch off my head due to my hair so I have to keep pulling it back into position, but I found it very useful on the cruise when I "had to get up" in the night and was too lazy to put the light on-travelling solo. Total size about palm-size, will hang on a Rollator handle for easy access in an emergency and gives immeasurable peace of mind that Iwon't be caught in the dark in an emergency. HTH.

I used to carry a plug-in emergency light, but couldn't justify it to myself once the iPhone's flashlight function got good.

I've also started bringing a few sheets of paper with one side blank that I would normally recycle for use as scrap paper at trivia. Similarly, stick a few extra pens in the suitcase. Some of the cruise staff are downright fanatical when it comes to one sheet per team, everyone. And we all know about unsharpened pencils.

Edited by Wehwalt

Anyone traveling with Apple devices here's what I purchased from the Office Max. It's the Duracell[emoji768] Pro 163 Dual USB AC Charger Item # 407338, $11.34 each. You can charge 2 Apple devices via the USB socket. I've tested it out & it recharges fast. Good to have with limited socket space in the stateroom.

Tom[emoji3]

We use his and hers USB chargers made by Anker.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Charger-PowerPort-Multi-Port-Samsung/dp/B00VH8ZW02/ref=sr_1_3?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1483594661&sr=1-3&keywords=anker

They have 5 USB ports, and I've plugged 2 lightning cables, 2 micro-USB cables (for Kindles and other devices) and an Apple Watch charger into mine. These handled all of our charging needs for our most recent cruise. Hint: get 1 foot long cables for charging. It really cuts down on the cable clutter.

Have recently added shoelaces to my "must have" packing list. They take up no space. It's nearly impossible to find a replacement for a torn sneaker lace while on a cruise. Without laces all you can do is improvise a temporary replacement.

Edited by sandybeaches44

I bring a flameless candle that I get from the $ store, 2 in a pack for $1.00 for the bathroom. Just enough light and 1 "candle" lasts over a week.

I pack a couple of bottles for Dr. Brown root beer to make myself a couple of root beer floats! Yum!

Janie

Even better if we could bring Not Your Dad's Root Beer to make floats. Yum!