Great items to take on your cruise

gumboroux

Now to get back on the thread topic, has anyone mentioned taking clear high heel shoes? I may have early on but can't recall after 18 pages. That's my one thing I have to pack because they pretty much go with everything I could wear in the evening for dinner etc. Also a shrug or something to put over your arms in case it's cooler with the ac.

I bought a pair of Brita bottles with the built in filters for our cruise at the end of the month. In my opinion, they did a poor job of removing the chlorine taste from our local tap water. In addition, they had a strong taste and smell of plastic.

I would encourage people to get them in advance and try them first so they are not disappointed, and take some time to break them in before the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
Now to get back on the thread topic, has anyone mentioned taking clear high heel shoes? I may have early on but can't recall after 18 pages. That's my one thing I have to pack because they pretty much go with everything I could wear in the evening for dinner etc. Also a shrug or something to put over your arms in case it's cooler with the ac.

I was thinking these clear high heeled shoes were such a great idea for taking, especially on a long cruise with more formal nights so maybe more veried coloured outfits. So I searched Ebay and they seem to come up described as 'pole dancing' or 'sexy stripper' shoes:eek:. Now at 65 that should be fun:D.

New device added to my must carry list (along with the Belkin mini power strip..

Anker 5 port USB charger. handles up to 5 devices at once depending on load and since it has a cord can be positioned so as not to block addition plugs. This plus the belkin should provide chargin and outlets for a whole family...

http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=visualbasicres02&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B00DVH62J2

Be aware of the difference... The Travelon sheet dissolves. It's just Soap sheets... but in a nice small case.

The Purex 3-in-1 sheet becomes a Dryer sheet (anti-static, softener).

Amazon still has 20-packs of the Purex for under 7 bucks, sourced from a "closeout" place. When they're gone they will be gone.

Thank you for pointing out the difference. I have both and the soap sheets are great for a small item or two to be hand washed in the sink. :D

Thanks Gracie65 for sticking up for me... No I don't intend to blast the speakers so everyone can hear my music (you may not like my music)I am not an 18 year old. I will listen to it either in my cabin or in my EARS...so don't worry....

Must be because we are both from Mass

Now what other good things are people bringing on their cruise I also just purchased the belkin plug? hope it works out well

We just bought some sugar-free flavorings so my wife can enjoy some caramel or mocha flavored specialty coffee.

We found out last cruise that the International Cafe has a variety of flavorings but they all contain sugar (except maybe the vanilla) so all she could get with her Coffee Card was plain latté.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Thanks Gracie65 for sticking up for me... No I don't intend to blast the speakers so everyone can hear my music (you may not like my music)I am not an 18 year old. I will listen to it either in my cabin or in my EARS...so don't worry....

Must be because we are both from Mass

I guess what confused everyone about where you would be using

your speakers was what you wrote originally:

"I also just ordered a speaker for my Iphone that uses blue tooth to have some music by pool and on balcony... can't wait. "

I think a reasonable reader would conclude that you would be

using the speaker "by the pool and on balcony".

So many great ideas, i've already tossed a b/o tealight candle into the bag although the over the door holder i got 2 years ago for a cruise was too small to fit over the door and ended up being a nuisance. I needed duct tape! Better put some in :D

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find small fans? We have slept with a fan on for so many years that when we go away for the weekend we don't sleep as well due to the lack of white noise (and the cool air for my FI).

Any suggestions what to bring that won't take up too much space? (need noise and air flow)

As far as the white noise goes, I have a wonderful app loaded on my iPhone that I use when traveling. If you have a smart phone, you can find those free apps. I found that it drowns out noises quite well which comes in handy if you travel with a snoring loved one ;)

Which app do you use for white noise? I have been using Bose noise canceling headphones.

Sharon

I use SleepMachine which has many sounds and a timer available. There are many to choose from on the App Store.

I was on the Royal last June. They have two dispensers in the shower with shower gel and shampoo. The shampoo contains conditioner. Some people like conditioner in their shampoo, I can't use it on my hair. Was glad I had brought my own shampoo that time.

I bought this for travel, and it works well. Folds up nice and will run off usb or a power outlet. (I also bought a power strip that has usb chargers with outlets).

http://www.amazon.com/O2-COOL-Portable-Electric-Black/dp/B006NWJBZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381068749&sr=8-1&keywords=travel+fans

I've been looking for something like this...thanks so much for posting it! :)

I was on the Royal last June. They have two dispensers in the shower with shower gel and shampoo. The shampoo contains conditioner. Some people like conditioner in their shampoo, I can't use it on my hair. Was glad I had brought my own shampoo that time.

Ooh... I don't mind the dispensers. Combined shampoo and conditioner is not very nice . What a shame. I guess no more nice separate eucalyptus shampoo and conditioner. Very low end amenity.

Ooh... I don't mind the dispensers. Combined shampoo and conditioner is not very nice . What a shame. I guess no more nice separate eucalyptus shampoo and conditioner. Very low end amenity.

Agree. Drugstore crap. I guess they figure no one will use it and they'll end up saving money by never having to replenish the dispensers. Even the Marriott Courtyard I stayed in this weekend (yuck, by the way . . . what's the point of a hotel with no room service or bar?) had Paul Mitchell products. Granted, still a drugstore product, but at least somewhat higher end. Princess, don't you aspire to be a cut above the Courtyard by Marriott concept?

I had a lengthy discussion with a sales rep for toiletries and bathroom dispensers at a trade show this summer. They said that the number one concern from prospective customers and hotel guests (FAQ) was "How sanitary are those containers?" It is so easy to get into them (to refill) and you don't know who's hands have been where. Yuck. I hope this is not the future for all the other ships in the fleet.

The app I like for white noise is just called "white noise" there's a free version, but I think the paid one is worth it.

Just when I thought I had everything, you mention a White Noise App.

I can't thank you enough! It is wonderful!!!! And just in time for my big trip in 12 days

Tweedhill

Just when I thought I had everything, you mention a White Noise App.

I can't thank you enough! It is wonderful!!!! And just in time for my big trip in 12 days

Tweedhill

It's great. We've been using it for my daughter since she was hours old. She's now two and sleeps like a log! :D

Love that little fan! Will definitely order that, thanks! :)

One thing I've been bringing for years is an antibacterial soap pump dispenser on every cruise. On longer ones, I bring an extra back-up supply of the soft soap. I cannot stand to use a soap bar that has been soaking in water and that someone's dirty hands have been all over.

The best refillable bottles on the market IMO are from The Container Store and do NOT leak and there's every size and shape under the sun:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/travel/bottlesMedication?productId=10000243&N=253