Should Carnival rotate ships?

skyeman27

I think people who live in Florida are so spoiled with so many ports they can drive to, they dont appreciate what they got.

Texas only has one ship year round, with Triumph out of commision for months now.

NOLA is 10 hours both ways and the only other port I can drive to.

People in Florida have many ports they can drive to.

No kidding! No one who lives in Florida or any neighbouring states should be complaining! Most of us have to fly, paying $500 plus per plane ticket, to get to a cruise ship. I would be thrilled to be able to drive even 8 hours to get to a cruise port. ESPECIALLY in Florida where there are so many options.

No kidding! No one who lives in Florida or any neighbouring states should be complaining! Most of us have to fly, paying $500 plus per plane ticket, to get to a cruise ship. I would be thrilled to be able to drive even 8 hours to get to a cruise port. ESPECIALLY in Florida where there are so many options.

I agree. I live in Northeast. I just hope Sunshine comes to Florida because it is fairly inexpensive to fly there vs. New orleans

since I have to drive or fly to ALL ports (:mad: stupid Illinois) doesn't much matter to me. I do think carnival should base a ship (perhaps the sunshine) here at navy pier in Chicago...lol

The Sunshine, that's crazy talk, but I think we could support the Fantasy or Imagination.

YES! Please rotate!!! Time to swap Dream for Magic or Breeze or Sunshine PLEASE! 3+ years of the same ship is long enough!

OR Upgrade fairy Please swap the Sensation for any ship in the next (or higher) class! She's been stuck in PC for longer!

+1

Although I like some of the features of the Dream it looks like it will at least continue sailing from PC into 2015. After all that time a change would be nice.

Flying into Orlando can often be less expensive, the advantage of additional venues in Orlando for extended vacations pre or post cruise, as well as PC having one of the best reputations as a departure port make a variety of ship selections on a rotation a good marketing idea.

Cheers!

It's no skin off your back. So what's it to you. Complaining? Talk about calling the kettle black.

Cheers!

Who is complaining?

I think they rotate the ships enough...seems like they're always moving them around. I would like to see them rotate the ports a bit though. I'll use the San Juan itinrarie as an example: same exact cruise every week every year! Why don't they mix it up and go to different ports each week like the other lines do - St. Croix, Granada, Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, Dominica, Antigua...Plenty of ports available for a Southern route so pick 4 and mix it up each week. If not, they're going to lose customers. I have no problem going on the same ship over and over again if I like the ship, but going to the same ports over and over is gonna push me to another cruise line going somewhere I haven't been yet (or in a while).

They ABSOLUTELY should do this!!!:D:D The only limitations that I can think of, are the ports where the ships have to go under a bridge, and there is limited clearance. IE; The Breeze out of Baltimore-NOT happening. The Pride barely clears those bridges:mad::mad: I am all for it. Anyone know if the NY bridges can take a larger ship?

Well since NCL is going to base the Breakaway out of NY, i'd say it can. Only one bidge involved.

I only cruise out of NY and in the last 10 years or so, I've sailed on the Triumph, the Victory, the Legend, the Miracle and soon the Splendor. I prefer the Spirit class ships, but I'd give one of the bigger ships a try - bigger than the Splendor, that is.

Well since NCL is going to base the Breakaway out of NY, i'd say it can. Only one bidge involved.

I only cruise out of NY and in the last 10 years or so, I've sailed on the Triumph, the Victory, the Legend, the Miracle and soon the Splendor. I prefer the Spirit class ships, but I'd give one of the bigger ships a try - bigger than the Splendor, that is.

I prefer to cruise out of NYC or Baltimore so I don't have to fly, but I am not gonna do it again if the itin is Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau or Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport. I love all those ports (except Port Canaveral which is a joke as a port), but it is getting tired. I'm cruising the Breeze in Oct and where is she going? Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, and Nassau. Grand Turk from 7 - 2!!! What's the point of that? I only picked that cruise cause that's the week I am on vacation and I want to check out the ship.

You are right when you talk about the advantage a Florida resident has when it coes to chosing a ship for a cruise. I have cruised since 1995 from either Miami or Ft Lauderdale and had the choice of the Sensation, Imagination, Paradise, Tropical. Spirit, Valor, Liberty, Miracle, Freedom and now am booked for the Breeze.

Florida, however, does provide many advantages to Carnival to use as their main home ports. The ports can handle several ships at the same time. The weather in Florida is milder making it easier for the ships to leave and enter during the winter months. Some of the ports to visit are just a few hours away. When finished with a cruise, there are many other things to do in Florida.

So I can see the rotation of ships to other ports but I think Florida ports will remain as Carnival's main choices.

YES! Please rotate!!! Time to swap Dream for Magic or Breeze or Sunshine PLEASE! 3+ years of the same ship is long enough!

OR Upgrade fairy Please swap the Sensation for any ship in the next (or higher) class! She's been stuck in PC for longer!

Nope! Can't have the Magic until i'm done with her! She is a fantastic ship.

They ABSOLUTELY should do this!!!:D:D The only limitations that I can think of, are the ports where the ships have to go under a bridge, and there is limited clearance. IE; The Breeze out of Baltimore-NOT happening. The Pride barely clears those bridges:mad::mad: I am all for it. Anyone know if the NY bridges can take a larger ship?

They apparently can accomodate the Dream class ships because the Dream sailed a CTN from NY when she 1st came to the states.

I think the biggest drawback to more frequent rotation of ships is that it generally has to happen with no passengers on board since that would be a violation of the PVSA. That would throw off all the schedules and cost a lot of money.

When ships have moved from Galveston the last cruise is usually a 6 day cruise and sails without passengers (think Conquest from Galveston to NOLA).......again a day without revenue...

I prefer to cruise out of NYC or Baltimore so I don't have to fly, but I am not gonna do it again if the itin is Grand Turk, HMC, Nassau or Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport. I love all those ports (except Port Canaveral which is a joke as a port), but it is getting tired. I'm cruising the Breeze in Oct and where is she going? Grand Turk, Ocho Rios, and Nassau. Grand Turk from 7 - 2!!! What's the point of that? I only picked that cruise cause that's the week I am on vacation and I want to check out the ship.

I cruise from NY because it's close to home and I don't have to fly. I'd consider Baltimore to get on a Spirit class ship again! I also cruise for the sea days - I don't really care about the ports - a port is a port. I'm going to find a pool or a beach and plant my butt for the day :D

The only exception to that would be Bermuda, because I know the island so well, and I would visit my favorite spots.

I would like to see Carnival do a longer cruise during the winter months. Maybe a 12-15 day. In the winter by the time you get to where it's warm, it's time to come home. I think they should try one or two and see how they sell. They could go deeper into the Caribbean and do ports that would get people who cruise for the ports excited.

sadly for the people of Baltimore, it looks like you'll be forever stuck with the Pride. As long as the Spirit is in Australia, the Miracle out west & the Legend spending its summers in Europe, the Pride is your only option.

sadly for the people of Baltimore, it looks like you'll be forever stuck with the Pride. As long as the Spirit is in Australia, the Miracle out west & the Legend spending its summers in Europe, the Pride is your only option.

I would think having the Pride, a spirit class ship would be a good thing. Id a lot rather have Pride than a Fantasy class older ship rotated in. Not sad, but a good thing?

I agree that Port Canaveral is a bad port. I've seen Key West reviews that look nice. Why don't they go to Key West instead of Port Canaveral?

I agree that Port Canaveral is a bad port. I've seen Key West reviews that look nice. Why don't they go to Key West instead of Port Canaveral?

Can't have a shore excursion to Disney or Universal from Key West. Ever noticed how they say "Orlando (Port Canaveral)" as the stop? There is a reason for that.

Has Baltimore ever had a different ship than the Pride? We sailed on it and it would be nice to take a different ship out of Baltimore.

We've never had another full-time ship, but I think the Legend or one of the other Spirit class did a couple of sailings as a test. I wish they would switch it out for a different Spirit class since nothing larger is an option and nothing smaller can get anywhere fast enough.

We've never had another full-time ship, but I think the Legend or one of the other Spirit class did a couple of sailings as a test. I wish they would switch it out for a different Spirit class since nothing larger is an option and nothing smaller can get anywhere fast enough.

Tampa also can't have anything larger than a Spirit class due to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

We did lose the Legend to the Med during the summer so now we only have the Paradise for the summer season.

• 6 months later...

This cruise was far less fun on the Miracle. I really miss the Splendor. The splendor was such a great ship, more things to do and the crew seemed really much more cordial. The comedy shows were good, but the rest of the activities were mediocre at best. The ship is about 1/3 less in width which really made us appreciate the size of the Splendor. I am crossing my fingers that Carnival will switch some of the ships around to give the west coasters a nice ship at least every other year. Have done the Mexican Riviera trip on 4 occasions 3 On the Spender. Unless we get another ship we will not be sailing this trip again. Well at least not with CARNIVAL.

2008 PARADISE

2009 SPLENDOR

2011 SPLENDOR

2012 SPLENDOR

2013 MIRACLE

This cruise was far less fun on the Miracle. I really miss the Splendor. The splendor was such a great ship, more things to do and the crew seemed really much more cordial. The comedy shows were good, but the rest of the activities were mediocre at best. The ship is about 1/3 less in width which really made us appreciate the size of the Splendor. I am crossing my fingers that Carnival will switch some of the ships around to give the west coasters a nice ship at least every other year. Have done the Mexican Riviera trip on 4 occasions 3 On the Spender. Unless we get another ship we will not be sailing this trip again. Well at least not with CARNIVAL.

2008 PARADISE

2009 SPLENDOR

2011 SPLENDOR

2012 SPLENDOR

2013 MIRACLE

Try the Inspiration or Imagination.