Collector's Voyages - Any Perks Now?

We've done a lot of Collector's Voyages in the past and have always appreciated the perks. Have received flowers, chocolate strawberries, special lunches, Pinnacle dinners, tote bags of a fancier variety than the regular bags, bottles of wine...

I was wondering with all the cutbacks and reduced pricing that everyone talks about if HAL is still giving perks of any kind.

Anyone on a recent Collector's Voyage? Do you remember what, if anything?

Thanks for your imput!!

If varies widely, ship to ship, cruise to cruise.

On some ships we have had cocktail parties, Indonesian Lunch, free dinner in Tamarind and on other ships, no special amenities but for the nice Mariners Tote.

There is no knowing in advance and no consistency based on our experience.

We had a Collectors in January/February. In addition to the upgraded tote bag, we had an Indonesian lunch...and a plate of lovely chocolates. That's about it....in addition to a nice, longer cruise! ;) That's my favorite perk!

We've done a lot of Collector's Voyages in the past and have always appreciated the perks. Have received flowers, chocolate strawberries, special lunches, Pinnacle dinners, tote bags of a fancier variety than the regular bags, bottles of wine...

I was wondering with all the cutbacks and reduced pricing that everyone talks about if HAL is still giving perks of any kind.

Anyone on a recent Collector's Voyage? Do you remember what, if anything?

Thanks for your imput!!

We leave on our Collectors' Cruise in less than two weeks:eek: If you want to stay tuned to my live thread, I will happily fill in whatever bonuses go to the Collectors'. I know I want that very beautiful tote bag and I think that is a given on every cruise (I hope):rolleyes::)

On our recent Collector's TA +, we had an Indonesian lunch with champagne, strawberries dipped in chocolate, and the better bag (once the second leg started). I think that was all. Of course, now that we're home, it's all like a dream!

Just returned (April 29) from a collector's voyage - Transatlantic to Rome and then 10 day Mediterranean. One day we had an Indonesian luncheon and another time we had a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries.

I know I want that very beautiful tote bag and I think that is a given on every cruise (I hope):rolleyes::)

Not in my experience, it isn't. I've been on many Collector's cruises (lost count somewhere along the line) but have only one of the nice white bags with the blue handles.

Now I don't go looking for the extras, and feel the lower price is the big draw, but I would like to see some consistency. I know there was a cocktail party once, and I think there was an Indonesian lunch once, but no other extras I can remember.

We leave on our Collectors' Cruise in less than two weeks:eek: If you want to stay tuned to my live thread, I will happily fill in whatever bonuses go to the Collectors'. I know I want that very beautiful tote bag and I think that is a given on every cruise (I hope):rolleyes::)

If by day two of your second segment you have not received the Mariners tote, speak with your steward. If he isn't successful getting you one, ask him to speak with Chief Housekeeper.

Not in my experience, it isn't. I've been on many Collector's cruises (lost count somewhere along the line) but have only one of the nice white bags with the blue handles.

Now I don't go looking for the extras, and feel the lower price is the big draw, but I would like to see some consistency. I know there was a cocktail party once, and I think there was an Indonesian lunch once, but no other extras I can remember.

Interesting Ruth - I have been on segments of the Collectors' cruises and seen the totes every time - oh well, what will be, will be! Thanks for the warning -no expectations now!

If by day two of your second segment you have not received the Mariners tote, speak with your steward. If he isn't successful getting you one, ask him to speak with Chief Housekeeper.

Thanks Judy - if it isn't to be, it isn't to be. I'll ask the steward if we don't have them but I doubt we go any further. We're just thrilled to go on this cruise - so anything else is a total bonus:D

I will stay tuned. Definitely will follow you on Prinsendam.

Bon voyage!

We were on a collector cruise in April. The only thing we got was an extra coctail party and that was it. Very different then the one we had last year in May.

Ditto the above for our March Collector's Cruise on the Westerdam.

Super replies. Thanks to everyone.

Looks as if the Collector's perks are being cut back. Possibly on the shorter (7 days x 2) Collector's HAL is not necessarily bothering with perks, or much of them.

The longer (T.A.s) ones seems to have the perks still this year.

Really appreciate the info in the replies to my question!

Looking forward to your live thread. Be interested to know what Collector's perks you get and how the Mariners party goes.

You have a wonderful cruise planned!!

Thanks

Looks as if the Collector's perks are being cut back. Possibly on the shorter (7 days x 2) Collector's HAL is not necessarily bothering with perks, or much of them.

The longer (T.A.s) ones seems to have the perks still this year.

It was on my two 7-day Collectors' that we had the one cocktail party I've had as an extra.

My longer, 31-days total, Collectors' had no extras at all.

There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Jacqui...Did not realize you were on a collector's cruise...I thought you were on a Grand Med cruise..

On our Grand South America/Antarctica cruise we received lots & lots of very nice gifts..:)HAL certainly did not cut back on this cruise & hope you all receive some nice gifts too..

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on our favorite little ship, The Prinsendam..:)

Cheers...:)Betty

for West and East Med collectors cruise. We received a free Tamarind dinner for the first segment, and were invited to a cocktail party with the captain, HM, etc. On the second segment, we received a plate of chocolates. We did not receive the special totes until after I asked about them, and then we received only one, yesterday morning. I was told that they had run out of them. That was disappointing as they are much better then the new ones that HAL is giving out instead of the canvas totes.

We have done quite a few Collector's Cruises since this new concept started.

We have always gotten the new, sturdier tote on the second segment. The first one we did, there was a cocktail party. Two times we had the Indonesian lunch but one of them was not just for the Collector passngers, it was open to everyone even though they made it sound like it was just for us. Never got any free dinners, never got any chocolates.

We did several of these cruises when the program began, but now we rarely do them as we don't save that much on them and there has not been anything special about these cruises.

Jacqui...Did not realize you were on a collector's cruise...I thought you were on a Grand Med cruise..

On our Grand South America/Antarctica cruise we received lots & lots of very nice gifts..:)HAL certainly did not cut back on this cruise & hope you all receive some nice gifts too..

Hope you have a wonderful cruise on our favorite little ship, The Prinsendam..:)

Cheers.Betty

Betty, it is indeed a Collectors' Cruise - we're not going anywhere near the Med;) TA, Bermuda, Normandy, France, Belgiium, Tilbury, Baltics & Hamburg:D (in a nutshell). Combining those ports with the Prinsendam, it made it pretty hard to resist:D Thanks for the good wishes:D

Archived