ironing on board iots

That is correct, Royal Caribbean does not permit irons onboard; they will be confiscated as they constitute a fire hazard. There are no self-serve laundries on any of RCI's ships, thus you can use the ship's pressing service for half the cost of dry cleaning. The information is on the website.

You can also pack carefully, using plastic dry cleaning bags for your clothing which acts as a wrinkle-proof barrier, if you will. We have tried this and it does help.

Basically, it's like this: your clothes are going to get wrinkled so you can get upset about it or not. :p

Have a great cruise. :)

Spray with wrinkle release; hang in the bathroom while you shower; dampen stubborn wrinkles and hit with the hair dryer - if all else fails, give the item to your room steward to be pressed. If clothing requires ironing, I simply don't own it. Don't iron at home and am certainly not about to start while on vacation.

I don't know of any clothes steamer that is 'cruise legal' on HAL ships.

They don't list permitted brands and banned models. They state clothes steamers are not permitted.

What would be your 'cruise legal' steamer? :confused:

HAL "S" Class and "R" Class ships have laundries with ironing boards for guests' use as does Prinsendam. The Vista and Signature ships do not.

Oh my gosh...why do people feel the need to get so aggressive on these boards??

The OP is cruising RCI, not HAL. I have no idea what HAL's rules are about steamers. We have brought our steamer on all of our cruises (Disney, Princess, RCI and NCL) and never have had a problem. Last month we had to go claim our luggage because they saw what they thought was an iron. We showed him the steamer and he said it was totally ok...it does not have a hot plate, so for RCI, totally legal! No different than a flat iron, curling iron or curlers!

Let's be a bit gentler people! We are here trying to help one another out.

Lauri

...The OP is cruising RCI, not HAL.

Yes, and I answered as such. However, some people who reply about other cruise lines will tell you that they reply "in general" in case someone else wants to know. I always get a kick out of it because it was so not the question, but whatever!! LOL :D:p

Yes, and I answered as such. However, some people who reply about other cruise lines will tell you that they reply "in general" in case someone else wants to know. I always get a kick out of it because it was so not the question, but whatever!! LOL :D:p

I thought it was great that you pointed out that she was specifically asking about RCI since this is a general forum. It can be very confusing to new cruisers when there are so many different answers to their question! You are always extremely helpful and polite in your responses and I appreciate that!

Here's to more courtesy and thoughtfulness in these forums! Wasn't that Laura's wish for all of us this New Year?!

Lauri

Archived