Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

How much is the Princess/Carnival stock and how do you purchase?

Carnival Corp stock is trading for about $35 a share.

To purchase 100 shares, you would need to open a brokerage account. For one trade, the best thing is to go to your bank and talk to them about it.

Carnival Corp stock is trading for about $35 a share.

To purchase 100 shares, you would need to open a brokerage account. For one trade, the best thing is to go to your bank and talk to them about it.

I have wanted to buy the shares but have no idea how to do it. Someone suggested one of the online trading sites.

Is there a particular one that is open?

It will be in the Patter, in the dining info section.

For the Golden last September and on the Caribbean in March, it was the midship Deck 6 MDR from noon until 1:30.

I have wanted to buy the shares but have no idea how to do it. Someone suggested one of the online trading sites.

You can also use one of the online brokers. Places like Etrade or Fidelity.

Do you know someone who own and trades stock? They could help you get started. Or you can do it yourself. These sights are pretty easy to use.

You will want to buy 100 shares of Carnival Corp. The ticker symbol for it is CCL. You will place what is called a "Market Order" or to that effect. That means that you want to buy at the current market price.

The discount online brokers will charge $10 or so. Your bank may be $40 or more.

You can order the Volcano (a banana split/sundae) for dessert in the MDR as an adult, even though it is on the children's menu.

An ice cream lovers delight ! Order it all the time. The best part is watching everyone looking,and asking how you got that.

You can also use one of the online brokers. Places like Etrade or Fidelity.

Do you know someone who own and trades stock? They could help you get started. Or you can do it yourself. These sights are pretty easy to use.

You will want to buy 100 shares of Carnival Corp. The ticker symbol for it is CCL. You will place what is called a "Market Order" or to that effect. That means that you want to buy at the current market price.

The discount online brokers will charge $10 or so. Your bank may be $40 or more.

The above is correct but now you need to find $3500. Let me help. Here is what I did. I had an old IRA that was just sitting and not really doing much so I transferred it to the online account. Usually with those online accounts you get so many free trades. That is what I did. So just move, or start your IRA on one of these accounts and you get your 100 shares with no real money out of pocket.

Edited by madjohn
sorry, bad grammer

We have sailed numerous times on princess and each time have been told that the only food venue on embarkation is the buffet. We will be on the Golden in 2 weeks. Does anyone have any idea if one of the main dining rooms is opens.

This one of the best kept secrets!! We absolutely detest eating at the buffet on embarkation day. In the last 5 cruises we've our embarkation lunch in a of the MDR. Last June on the Star it was in the Portofino Dining room. There might have been 5 or 6 poeple there.

Edited by Eaglecw

This one of the best kept secrets!! We absolutely detest eating at the buffet on embarkation day. In the last 5 cruises we've our embarkation lunch in a of the MDR. Last June on the Star it was in the Portofino Dining room. There might have been 5 or 6 poeple there.

On a few of the ships we have been on they tried to tell us that the MDR on embarkation day lunch is only for transit passengers. Just stand your ground and they usually give in. :D

I would also like to know how you do the ecards and where you find them.

When on board go to one of the computers in the internet cafe or library. It will show somewhere on the screen that the Princess website is free to use. Log on to the Princess website and look for "Send Free Ecard" (or a simular link). From there it is a pretty simple process.

Theo

Thanks for the link for military veterans to get an OBC. When we asked our travel agent at AAA about perks for veterans, she said there was nothing available! :( Our first cruise is in a few weeks, so my husband has just enough time to send this out.

Thanks for the link for military veterans to get an OBC. When we asked our travel agent at AAA about perks for veterans, she said there was nothing available! :( Our first cruise is in a few weeks, so my husband has just enough time to send this out.

It's been available for the last 20 months & it's sad that your TA gave you bad information. The TA should have simply contacted Princess or checked their website to provide an accurate answer. :(

It's suppose to be received at least 14 days before sailing & take about 7 days to process. You may want to email or call them a week before sailing because I've had them expedite requests if possible. Originally we had to apply each time but now it has to only be done the first time. :)

I always receive a $100 on board credit for being a military veteran. If you were on active duty for 2 years with an honorable discharge you qualify. Ken...

Thank you so much for posting this! My DH served in the USMC and this will be a big help to our budget.:)

If you have been in the NZ Defence Force or Australian Defence Force apply for the Military Benefit Programme it is also worth $50, $100, $250 depending on the length of the cruise. You can read about it on the princess.com website.

The Military Benefit applies to British Veterans also. My 1953-55 National Service really produced an unexpected dividend!

When on board go to one of the computers in the internet cafe or library. It will show somewhere on the screen that the Princess website is free to use. Log on to the Princess website and look for "Send Free Ecard" (or a simular link). From there it is a pretty simple process.

Theo

Most recently it's been under the heading COMMUNITY ZONE.