If your going to eat, you'll need your teeth.

xnavydoc2

Just a suggestion to denture wearers. I have a full upper denture and partial lower. I always carry a spare denture with me when I travel. Can you imagine how you would feel if you got on board the ship and have your denture break? Pudding and Jello for you for the rest of the cruise

Just a suggestion to denture wearers. I have a full upper denture and partial lower. I always carry a spare denture with me when I travel. Can you imagine how you would feel if you got on board the ship and have your denture break? Pudding and Jello for you for the rest of the cruise

im right there with ya :D. I wear total dentures and always take my spare set. no way am I not going to be able to eat if something happens to my newest set. :eek:

I suggest that people with denture or partials take a dental repair kit, available at places like Walgreens, whenever they travel.

Last year, a new cruise friend had a tooth break off his denture in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!!! I loaned him my trusty denture repair kit, with which he glued the brokwn tooth back in place, and it stayed in place for the remainder of the cruise, and it was still in place several months afterward!!!

I suggest that people with denture or partials take a dental repair kit, available at places like Walgreens, whenever they travel.

Last year, a new cruise friend had a tooth break off his denture in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!!! I loaned him my trusty denture repair kit, with which he glued the brokwn tooth back in place, and it stayed in place for the remainder of the cruise, and it was still in place several months afterward!!!

Funny story: I was traveling with another couple and the very first hour of the cruise a crown came off. A front tooth. I told her I had some denture adhesive and super glue. She opted for the adhesive. A few days later, she forgot that the "fix" was a very temporary one and brushed her teeth. Opps, crown went down the drain. Her husband, being thrifty, decided to remove the pipe and get it out of the trap. Only problem was, he couldn't get the pipe back on tightly. He ended up calling maintenance because "there was a leak" underneath his sink.

Tucker in Texas

And be careful at the beach! I work in a dental office in Daytona Beach FL, and every year we have a few who've lost theirs in the surf...they were hit in the face unexpectedly by a big wave, and bye bye teeth! We can make an emergency set for them pretty quickly, ou wouldn't be so lucky onboard.

This applies to more than dentures, I have all my teeth (albeit not in the best condition) but I am blind as a bat without my specs. So into my packing went a spare set of spectacles, imagine you are looking down from the promanade deck at the wake going by and 'whoops' off fall your specs, or out fall your dentures:) I know its silly but it is a fear I have, when looking down over a drop I always hold onto to lose objects, including DH :D

And be careful at the beach! I work in a dental office in Daytona Beach FL, and every year we have a few who've lost theirs in the surf...they were hit in the face unexpectedly by a big wave, and bye bye teeth! We can make an emergency set for them pretty quickly, ou wouldn't be so lucky onboard.

That reminded me of a land tour we took to Hawaii. My partial was rubbing my gum the wrong way so I took them out and put them in a "sanitary" bag. When lunch came around, I popped them in to eat. Took them back out and put them back in the bag. Bag disappeared. We searched the trash can we had put our lunch debris in (mercifully it was pretty clean, Hawaiians are neat) but they weren't there. Never did find them.

Some people go to Hawaii and lose their wallets, I lose my teeth. Go figure. It was time to get a new one anyway and it was one of the last days there so it wasn't all bad.

Tucker in Texas

This applies to more than dentures, I have all my teeth (albeit not in the best condition) but I am blind as a bat without my specs. So into my packing went a spare set of spectacles, imagine you are looking down from the promanade deck at the wake going by and 'whoops' off fall your specs, or out fall your dentures:) I know its silly but it is a fear I have, when looking down over a drop I always hold onto to lose objects, including DH :D

LOL yes i now always bring an extra pair of glasses with me now, Nemo is wearing a set of mine, as we were leave a resort to fly home my moms glasses broke, we had to drive home and it was the blind leading the blind,

Archived