Favorite Foods on Princess

Luckysll

We've enjoyed the Eggplant Parmigiana appetizer which had been removed from the 'new' menu at the end of last year. Our table made a special request to have it later in our cruise. However I seem to recall that it's been included in the 'newer new' menu so many must have been disappointed that it had been eliminated.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I agree with all of the above, plus the fettuccine alfredo, eggplant parmesan, twice baked goat cheese souffle mentioned by others. I also love the spring rolls on the first night, the veal ravioli on the second formal night, and if you are lucky enough for them to be making it as a special dish on Italian night, the penne arrabiata.

Hmmm... I am noticing a cheese and pasta trend in my choices...

And I agree 100% with your favorites too...pretty much all of the pastas are great...and always cooked perfectly al dente'..yum!!:)

QUOTE by Happy2cruise

Crown Grill has the best scalloped potatoes and I am not a potato fan;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that the truth! I don't normally even like potatoes and would never have tried them but DH absolutely insisted I take a bite of his scalloped potatoes. YUM!

Now in Crown Grill, I always get a full order for myself. Probably why I can only eat 3 of my 4grilled lobster tails. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

QUOTE by Happy2cruise

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that the truth! I don't normally even like potatoes and would never have tried them but DH absolutely insisted I take a bite of his scalloped potatoes. YUM!

Now in Crown Grill, I always get a full order for myself. Probably why I can only eat 3 of my 4grilled lobster tails. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

We usually enjoy the CG's garlic mashed potatoes but will have to try the scalloped potatoes next time along with IMHO the much better than in the MDR French Onion soup.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The spaghetti and meatballs from the kids menu is soooo good! Also if they're making the penne arrabiatta..the whole dining room will smell so good! I got the recipe from a table captain 20 yrs ago and it is a staple in our home.

Just off the Golden and the Eggplant parmigiana appetizer is alive and yummy! I agree with the goat cheese soufflé appetizer and the escargot! The penne arrabiata is great - cooked by the maitre'd table side! Mushroom soup and French onion are must haves! The shrimp and lobster was especially yummy on the last formal night too. Cauliflower fritters with cheese sauce! James Beard french toast is another must have! It is served at lunchtime in the dining room as a brunch item now!

QUOTE by Happy2cruise

LuLu

~~~~

I maybe wrong but I think they may be made with real, and I mean real, cream:D:D:D

I maybe wrong but I think they may be made with real, and I mean real, cream:D:D:D

Taste totally real from real raw potatoes and real cream. Whatever, they're soooooo devil good! :D

Hold the dessert -- bring more scalloped potatoes! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Does the Island Princess have an IC? What would you substitute for a snack?

Louise

No, the Island Princess does not have an International Cafe yet, and will not by the time you sail. However, I think she is due for a drydock at the end of the year, at which time it will be added.

What do you mean what would you substitute for a snack... Substitute for what? You can always get to Horizon Court and get some fruit and salads for snacks instead of those desserts... I try to have only one slightly fattening thing a day otherwise I will weigh more than the ship!

We were recently on Royal Caribbean and they have a promenade cafe that servered small sandwiches and small desserts 24 hours a day. And coffee and tea. Was nice if you wanted something small to snack.

Louise

The spaghetti and meatballs from the kids menu is soooo good!

Is it the same as the spaghetti and meatballs on the Italian night menu as the special pasta of the night? I've been tempted to try it!

Fetticinni Alfredo in the main dining room (I get an appetizer portion), the NY style pizza by the pool is the best ever, and the tiramisu at the international cafe... plus any fresh fruit and caesar salad I can get!

Also any chance at beef filet... not to mention the squid steak! We had the latter on our July 2012 Alaska cruise and it was delicious!

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

Fetticinni Alfredo in the main dining room (I get an appetizer portion), the NY style pizza by the pool is the best ever, and the tiramisu at the international cafe... plus any fresh fruit and caesar salad I can get!

Such a perfect little size!

480079_4273781080229_1335937000_n.jpg

We were recently on Royal Caribbean and they have a promenade cafe that servered small sandwiches and small desserts 24 hours a day. And coffee and tea. Was nice if you wanted something small to snack.

Louise

On this thread, we are discussing Princess foods and its International Cafe, not discussing Royal Caribbean...

I really enjoyed the Beef Wellington as well as all the above :)

I had it for the very first time on the Golden and it was delicious! Very enjoyable. Also there was a chocolate chocolate desert one night that was excellent. I don't remember the name of it but it was three different kinds of chocolate on a plate..SO GOOD!

In two weeks gained 9 lbs. and we ate salads for lunch.:D Do I need to say more?