Favorite Foods on Princess

Luckysll

We are going on our first Princess cruise in about 3 months, and this thread has me SO excited for it!!! Drooling! lol

Is the goat cheese souffle in the main dining room or a specialty restaurant? How about the fettuccine alfredo in the parmesan bowl?

So hungry now!

Fettucini Alfredo in parm. bowl....I usually have them add grilled shrimp or chicken for entree....YUM !!!

Twice baked Goat Cheese Souffle...delish !

Enjoy your cruise ! :D

Edited by TLC535

Is the goat cheese souffle in the main dining room or a specialty restaurant? How about the fettuccine alfredo in the parmesan bowl?

I haven't had the goat cheese souffle so I can't answer that. But the fettuccine alfredo in the parmesan bowl is available every night in the always available section of the Main Dining Room menu.

I haven't had the goat cheese souffle so I can't answer that. But the fettuccine alfredo in the parmesan bowl is available every night in the always available section of the Main Dining Room menu.

Thanks!! I think I want that pasta just for the parmesan bowl! Sounds right up my hubby's alley too lol. :)

OMG!:eek: What is it they say? "A cruise without escargot is just a boat ride!"

We didn't have it on the Crown at the end of last year & previous discussions indicate there's a worldwide shortage from the primary producer (Indonesia?).

So hungry now!

Both are in the MDR...the soufflé once in awhile as an appetizer & the fettuccine alfredo is the 'always available' pasta in either appetizer or main course size.

We didn't have it on the Crown at the end of last year & previous discussions indicate there's a worldwide shortage from the primary producer (Indonesia?).

Both are in the MDR...the soufflé once in awhile as an appetizer & the fettuccine alfredo is the 'always available' pasta in either appetizer or main course size.

Thanks. The souffle sounds wonderful and I will definitely try it.

I hadn't intended to go to any of the specialty restaurants, but now I think I'll have to try the Crown Grill.

But not just the "French Onion Soup", to be more specific, the "Black & Blue" French Onion Soup in the specialty restaurants............OMG, it is amazing!

To me that's soooooo much better than in the MDR.

For those who are ice cream junkies, try ordering the 'Volcano' for desert. It's not on the main menu, but on the kids menu, but they will make it for you if you ask. It's an ice cream sundae with pretty much everything you can dream of on it. Chocolate and caramel sauce, nuts, sprinkles, whipped cream and a cherry on top. I'm sure there is other stuff in there as well but can't remember all of it. If ordering, leave lot's of room for it, it's huge. I have fun talking table mates into trying it and watching them try to finish it :D. I've heard there is a 'Cruise Ship' on the kids menu as well, which was explained to me as a banana split.

Beachbum

I'm going on my first Princess cruise in September (Golden Princess to Alaska).

What are some of the foods on the menus that are not-to-be-missed (buffet, room service or main dining room)? Not sure I'll go to any of the specialty dining, but if there's something there as well, it could change my mind. :D

Foie gras...highly controversial but wonderful....Please try to go the the specialty restaurant once. I think it is worth the extra price.

The seafood is wonderful, too. We hang out a lot at the International café and Vines...we especially enjoy the ceviche.

Foie gras...highly controversial but wonderful....Please try to go the the specialty restaurant once. I think it is worth the extra price.

The seafood is wonderful, too. We hang out a lot at the International café and Vines...we especially enjoy the ceviche.

This is why it's controversial: To produce "foie gras" (which literally means "fatty liver"), workers ram metal pipes down male ducks' or geese's throats two or three times daily and pump as much as 4 pounds of grain and fat into the animals' stomachs, causing their livers to bloat to up to 10 times their normal size. Many birds have difficulty standing because of their engorged livers, and they may tear out their own feathers and cannibalize each other out of stress.

Oh goodness! There are so many good things. I love Princess' pastas. My favorites are the Veal Bowtie pasta and the Fettuccine Alfredo served in a cheese bowl. I also like the egg roll appetizers served typically the first or second night. I love the shrimp salad in the International Café as well as the chocolate croissant. I love the filet mignon at the Crown Grill served with a side of both béarnaise sauce and peppercorn sauce. I love the shrimp cocktails.

That is all I can think of right now but I'm sure I will think of more and will come back and post.:)

My favorites include the ciappino, twice baked goat cheese souffle, flourless chocolate cake and most of the sorbets. And that chocolate pudding in the IC.

Forgot about the flourless chocolate cake. It is amazing!

I don't know why but in my 10 Princess cruises I continue to miss the goat cheese soufflé. I really want to try it. What night on a seven day cruise is it typically served and what is the "theme" of the menu that night?

This is why it's controversial: To produce "foie gras" (which literally means "fatty liver"), workers ram metal pipes down male ducks' or geese's throats two or three times daily and pump as much as 4 pounds of grain and fat into the animals' stomachs, causing their livers to bloat to up to 10 times their normal size. Many birds have difficulty standing because of their engorged livers, and they may tear out their own feathers and cannibalize each other out of stress.

That'll keep me from trying it....thanks

Forgot about the flourless chocolate cake. It is amazing!

I don't know why but in my 10 Princess cruises I continue to miss the goat cheese soufflé. I really want to try it. What night on a seven day cruise is it typically served and what is the "theme" of the menu that night?

The goat cheese soufflé is a part of the Chef's Menu. That is not the same thing as the Chef's Table. It is usually about the third night from the end of the cruise. If the third night is a formal night, it will be the next night. It is never the last night. It used to be a really special menu with things like rack of lamb. Now about the only special thing left on the menu is the goat cheese soufflé.

The goat cheese soufflé is a part of the Chef's Menu. That is not the same thing as the Chef's Table. It is usually about the third night from the end of the cruise. If the third night is a formal night, it will be the next night. It is never the last night. It used to be a really special menu with things like rack of lamb. Now about the only special thing left on the menu is the goat cheese soufflé.

Thanks. I'm not quite sure why I keep missing it but usually do a Specialty Restaurant once or twice a cruise so that is probably it. I've heard so much about that soufflé that I just have to try it next time.

Like so many others, I love the fettucine alfredo in the MDR, I have it every night sometime during the meal (not a big soup/salad person, so I usually substitute).

That having been said, the pasta in Sabatini's isn't to be missed - especially the ravioli. I won't tell you the lengths DH and I went to get it on our last cruise :o.

DH also dreams about the porterhouse in the Crown Grill and those garlic fries should be illegal.

The pizza is great, especially if you go on one of the ships that has the new Alfredo's. We were on the Grand and ate there four times in fourteen days and still visited the pizza place by the pool.

There are just too many options, I had lunch in the MDR one day and was stunned by how good the hamburger was. :D

I had trouble not stuffing myself on the dinner rolls before dinner. We really liked them a lot. I guess I'm just a simple guy...

They're baked-goods crack. I don't even have one anymore because then I'll just be found lying under the table next to an empty basket, coated in crumbs and mumbling "yummmm." I do still indulge in the breadsticks, though. Still can't quite go cold turkey on those.

My favorites:

The Fettuccine Alfredo--if you get the appetizer size portion and want the parmesan bowl, make sure to ask for it (appetizer size does not normally come with the bowl)

The tiramisu that they serve on Italian night (not the always available one in the International Cafe)

The Toasted Almond Martini

The flourless chocolate cake

The mushroom and leek quiche in the International Cafe