Azamazing Evening - Post Event Activities

crzrr

For those of you that have already experienced an Azamazing Event... have there typically been special activities once you return? We've seen some evenings where there were fireworks that night, for example. With all the great reviews we were wondering if you've found that people then continue to festivities into the night, particularly where the event took place in the early evening.

If you could share which cruise/event and what if anything happened after, I'm sure others would be interested as well.

Thanks

For those of you that have already experienced an Azamazing Event... have there typically been special activities once you return? We've seen some evenings where there were fireworks that night, for example. With all the great reviews we were wondering if you've found that people then continue to festivities into the night, particularly where the event took place in the early evening.

If you could share which cruise/event and what if anything happened after, I'm sure others would be interested as well.

Thanks

Hello Crzrr -

It is my understanding that the normal onboard evening entertainment resumes at the conclusion of the land-based AzAmazing Evening program; however, I am seeking a confirmation from our AzAmazing Evening planner and our ship operations department that my assumption is correct. Also, I'm checking whether all these evening events feature a fireworks finale.

Please stay tuned for my response. It might take a few days, since the AzAmazing Evening planner is traveling to the Azamara Journey for the first AzAmazing Evening event (Torchlight concert in a Roman Amphitheater) that will take place during the May 15th voyage.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks

On our April 10th cruise on the Quest, there was certainly an attempt to maintain a festive atmosphere onboard upon our return. We were greeted at the top of the gangplank by ship's officers and at least part of the orchestra.

Can't comment on the rest of the night's activities as we went to our stateroom. However, since there were a number of buses arriving later, we could hear the musical welcome continue for some time. Others, I'm certain can add more details.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

We would like to know how we find out what the AzAmazing event will be How far in advance is it announced? We are booked on the Far East and Japan Journey trip Fenruary 2014.

You may remember us we were the bane of your life prior to our trip down the Amazon on the Journey! We had a great time and thank you for all your help to make it so.

Regards

Hi Bill: we also would like to know what the amazing event will be on a Baltic cruise which we are on in 2014 on the Journey. It's ok if you let us know of the event for 2013 cruises so that we can assume it will be the same next year. Thanks.

Thanks

After our event last week on Journey there was welcome back snacks and drinks in the Cabaret lounge.

Is there anyway to post a list of the Amazing events that are currently already scheduled? I would like to see ours for the April 15 cruise before I book our excursions.

Sue

They are both here:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/azamazing-evenings (scroll down near the bottom of the page)

and here: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/62b180a9#/62b180a9/1 (a more detailed and illustrated version)

Thanks

Hello Crzrr -

Thank you for your patience. I've learned from our Azamara evening planner that fireworks do not happen on every voyage. This year we included fireworks in Gibraltar because this was the AzAmazing Evening inaugural event on the Azamara Quest. Fireworks are an expensive element. Instead we have elected to focus our spending on the entertainment and food and beverage elements. When you return to the ship you will be warmly welcomed home by our staff and then have the option to engage in the evening's planned events.

We expect to have a portion of our 2014 Azamara Events input into our US website by the beginning of next week. You'll find them on the link that NC&KY have already posted. Meanwhile we are still at work on formulating the events for the remainder of that year focusing on finding the right type and size of venue.

I will keep you posted on our progress as the other voyages are completed. We understand how important this information is for you as you plan your shore excursions.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill,

We would like to know how we find out what the AzAmazing event will be How far in advance is it announced? We are booked on the Far East and Japan Journey trip Fenruary 2014.

You may remember us we were the bane of your life prior to our trip down the Amazon on the Journey! We had a great time and thank you for all your help to make it so.

Regards

Hello Bromley -

Welcome back and I'm pleased that you had a wonderful experience on your Amazon vacation!

I mentioned on this thread that we expect to have a portion of our 2014 Azamara Events input into our US website by the beginning of next week. I assume that you're on the Azamara Journey's February 17, 2014 voyage and I've learned that we are still at work finding a venue in Okinawa, Japan (Feb 22, 2014) that meets our criteria.

I'll have to let you and others know when we will have that event completed. In the meantime, enjoy planning your destination experience by visiting our Land Discoveries on our website. Please stay tuned!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hi Bill: we also would like to know what the amazing event will be on a Baltic cruise which we are on in 2014 on the Journey. It's ok if you let us know of the event for 2013 cruises so that we can assume it will be the same next year. Thanks.

Hello Dabear -

Based on a list of the AzAmazing Evenings that will shown on the US website by the beginning of next week, we will be featuring an exclusive ballet performance and reception in St. Petersburg, if your vacationing on either the July 10 or July 17, 2014 Baltic voyages of the Azamara Journey.

If you're on the 12 night June 28, 2014 voyage that includes the Baltic, then we're still at work developing an event that will take place in Lubeck, Germany on June 29th. I'll have to let you and others know when that event will be on our website.

Please remember that this advance information is subject to change until it is posted on our website.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

They are both here:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/azamazing-evenings (scroll down near the bottom of the page)

and here: http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/62b180a9#/62b180a9/1 (a more detailed and illustrated version)

Thanks for the list but as far as I could see the schedule only goes up to the end of 2013.

Rugbypopsie and I are interested in the one for the April 15th 2014 Journey cruise.

Hello Dabear -

Based on a list of the AzAmazing Evenings that will shown on the US website by the beginning of next week, we will be featuring an exclusive ballet performance and reception in St. Petersburg, if your vacationing on either the July 10 or July 17, 2014 Baltic voyages of the Azamara Journey.

If you're on the 12 night June 28, 2014 voyage that includes the Baltic, then we're still at work developing an event that will take place in Lubeck, Germany on June 29th. I'll have to let you and others know when that event will be on our website.

Please remember that this advance information is subject to change until it is posted on our website.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bill for replying to my post. I find it refreshing & informative to have a blogging officer. We're on the July 17, 2014 cruise so we'll look forward to the ballet. BTW, we cruised in South America on the Journey in 2008 when Azamara was just an infant.

Hello Crzrr -

Thank you for your patience. I've learned from our Azamara evening planner that fireworks do not happen on every voyage. This year we included fireworks in Gibraltar because this was the AzAmazing Evening inaugural event on the Azamara Quest. Fireworks are an expensive element. Instead we have elected to focus our spending on the entertainment and food and beverage elements. When you return to the ship you will be warmly welcomed home by our staff and then have the option to engage in the evening's planned events.

We expect to have a portion of our 2014 Azamara Events input into our US website by the beginning of next week. You'll find them on the link that NC&KY have already posted. Meanwhile we are still at work on formulating the events for the remainder of that year focusing on finding the right type and size of venue.

I will keep you posted on our progress as the other voyages are completed. We understand how important this information is for you as you plan your shore excursions.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bill. We appreciate you checking in to this for us. We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise.

Hello Crzrr -

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

We look forward to learning what is planned for our February,2014 Coastal Cruise on Quest. We experienced a fabulous Azamazing Evening in Sete last April, complete with a great fireworks display.

I have checked the Azamara website and the information re the evenings still only shows up until the end of 2013.

I would be grateful for information on the Journey cruise from Mumbai to Athens leaving on the 15th April.

I mentioned on this thread that we expect to have a portion of our 2014 Azamara Events input into our US website by the beginning of next week. I assume that you're on the Azamara Journey's February 17, 2014 voyage and I've learned that we are still at work finding a venue in Okinawa, Japan (Feb 22, 2014) that meets our criteria.

I'll have to let you and others know when we will have that event completed. In the meantime, enjoy planning your destination experience by visiting our Land Discoveries on our website. Please stay tuned!

At least one of the AzAmazing events for 2014--specifically, the one in Vietnam that will occur during Journey's sailing from Singapore to Hong Kong on 3 February; there may be others--has been posted to the website...

Issue is that the Master List accessible via the Home Page--per the link cited in a post above--has not yet been updated for any plans beyond 2013... I found mine while perusing the tour offerings for the first of my sailings; it's already open for reservation... And thanks to Bill's observation above, I know--pending details/subject to confirmation--not to book a late tour while in Okinawa on 22 February...

If you're doing an itinerary for which Azamara has staged a successful AzAmazing Evening in the past or for which they've created plans this year [others are still under development], you may find that related information has already been posted among the tour offerings for your sailing...

--Mike

I was in Istanbul in the fall of 2011, and the city did an amazing fireworks display the night we were leaving the port - it had been raining, and we got very wet visiting the city, but the skies cleared, and it was a great night!

Our ship (Journey) delayed departure to see the fireworks!

Archived