Live from the Prinsendam as the wizard & witches cruise May 17 - June 17, 2013

kazu

For those that may not know Gene (and I hope he does not mind) this was taken on our TA in 2011 (Bobbie & Ken were on board with us) about 3 days out of Fort Lauderdale.

He was a very good CD.

Hopefully he maybe on the Nieuw Amsterdam next April for our TA to Venice!

Ciao,

Cristiano

IMG_0595.jpg.7a07983eba70a130ff7e290c5406c85c.jpg

sound like you are having a great time!!

I am sorry to say the weather here has been cccccold. We have had the coldest spring ever recorded in history and we are all walking around in our winter clothes. We actually had (wet) snow a couple of days ago :(

I really hope it gets better when you guys arrive here but the coming week is not going to be that good.

Doesn't really matter it sounds like you guys have a great time no matter what the weather is :D

Dear Jacqui,

thank you yo much für your report from the PRINSENDAM.

Since I love "real ships" (some would say older) we booked last year a cruise in november with the PRINSENDAM.

So would you be so kind to let me know a little about the suite you booekd. We decided to go for a SY (Superoir Verandah Suite) in november. So it wuld be interesting for me to hear about special services, interour etc.

Thank you in advance and have a great experience!

Cheerio

Dennis

I haven't had time to read the boards since Thursday so I am busy catching up to you all....but you are so active I am exhausted just reading it.

It is cold back in Canada too, with frost warnings back on the news and as I pulled into the gymnastics studio at 7:00 on Friday morning to do my volunteer hours....it was snowing!!:eek::(

But each day this week is supposed to be warmer and nicer than the last so I hope the trend continues on your side of the ocean! We will be 30 on Friday.

Thanks! We are having a great time and really have a great roll call. So many people that we would love to cruise with again.

Just got back from our talk on river cruising! Yes, we had a river cruising meeting. Those that have shared and those that haven't asked!

It was really good. Tomorrow is the e-reader group.

Someone jokingly said we nearly don't need a cd with all the great activities planned. They are all optional and only those who are interested go. Turns out there is a fair bit of interest for all of them and we are all learning something about something and filling in those sea days.

Got 'roped' into the slot tournament today and of course, I lost. OH well, what else is new?

I wish I was there .

For those that may not know Gene (and I hope he does not mind) this was taken on our TA in 2011 (Bobbie & Ken were on board with us) about 3 days out of Fort Lauderdale.

He was a very good CD.

Hopefully he maybe on the Nieuw Amsterdam next April for our TA to Venice!

Ciao,

Cristiano

You found us!!

Yes, Gene is our CD and doing an amazing job.

Our own Maygrovecruisers (Jeanette) won the Dancing With the Stars finale last night. We heard that extra points would be awarded with the use of an applause meter at the end so the CC contingent turned out in large number to cheer her on. She already had scored three tens but our shouting and clapping secured it for her. Plus she was damn good.

It was the most fun I have had in ages on a cruise ship.

Dear Jacqui,

thank you yo much für your report from the PRINSENDAM.

Since I love "real ships" (some would say older) we booked last year a cruise in november with the PRINSENDAM.

So would you be so kind to let me know a little about the suite you booekd. We decided to go for a SY (Superoir Verandah Suite) in november. So it wuld be interesting for me to hear about special services, interour etc.

Thank you in advance and have a great experience!

Cheerio

Dennis

I have seen the SY on our cabin crawl and it is very nice. Quite roomy and well laid out.

The S'ls on this ship are the nicest in the fleet IMO , well laid our, very roomy so if you happen to get an upsell offer grab it!

I'm any to say that we actually got up sold to the PS and so far have put the room to good use.... And our stewards keep encouraging us!

Great reports, Jacqui. Really enjoying them

You've been spelling the Hotel Director's name the same throughout the report but lest he is reading it, I am sure you would want him to see the proper spelling..... ;)

Firmin van Walle is, indeed, a wonderful Hotel Director and will be greatly missed on the ships.

Firmindam, ,,,,,, now there's an idea!! All the more reason to spell his name correctly. :)

Continue enjoying your cruise. :)

Oops:o

How could I have been so careless? Thanks for the correction.

Preparing a bit and then I will try to get some more reports done.

Well if you were down on the lower decks you couldn't miss the waves. Captain says it should calm down by 6 pm.

but there are no bumps, ups and downs. The sailing is still smooth as the ship really does cut threw the waves. my friends are in awe with how smooth it still is ans Jose isn',t eve feeling it so that tells you something. Live right now so I need to conserve time and will compose off line.

Signing off as we head to St. Malo

Hi Jacqui,

You certainly picked a good time to leave. The weather back home has been terrible. I'm starting to grow webbed feet because of all the rain we've had. It's been so cold here as well. Right now the weather is warmer in Alaska. Yesterday it was in the low 20s (Celsius) up there.

I have seen the SY on our cabin crawl and it is very nice. Quite roomy and well laid out.

The S'ls on this ship are the nicest in the fleet IMO , well laid our, very roomy so if you happen to get an upsell offer grab it!

I'm any to say that we actually got up sold to the PS and so far have put the room to good use.... And our stewards keep encouraging us!

I hope you take pictures of the PS.

I like to compare them as we have found the PS on the Vista and Signature class ships are so much nicer than those on the S and R class ships.

I googled Firmin and there are quite a few nice articles on-line about him...and his wife. Is her name Fernanda?

Yes, Sheila. Firmin's wife is Fernanda. We've had the pleasure to sail with her a number of times. :) She was on Prinsendam but left a bit before this current cruise.... before the crossing.

Jacqui,

I know either today or tomorrow is your celebration day. Enjoy and all the best:) I know you are now busy on the port-intensive part of your voyage but what a way to celebrate your big day. I will inform Rob to take note!!;)

St. Malo, France...your first port this cruise!

2nd port, you missed Hamilton. OK, 1st port after the crossing. :)

I heard from Georgina that it was a bit rough yesterday, but not too bad.

2nd port, you missed Hamilton. OK, 1st port after the crossing. :)

I heard from Georgina that it was a bit rough yesterday, but not too bad.

Oops...forgot about that. I was thinking "European ports". Same as Jacqui, I think. As she said in her Day 5 report, that was the first day of the real TA across the pond!

Hello Jacqui,

Yes it's almost the big day! It is so much fun reading your posts. And so glad that Jose did not get sick. And only one bad day of weather that was great.

Please let me know how this first tour was, and I wish I was there.

Have fun

Janet

Jacqui,

I know either today or tomorrow is your celebration day. Enjoy and all the best:) I know you are now busy on the port-intensive part of your voyage but what a way to celebrate your big day. I will inform Rob to take note!!;)

Jacqui's birthday is the 30th.

Happy birthday to you "Spring Chicken!"

Archived