Live from the Prinsendam as the wizard & witches cruise May 17 - June 17, 2013

kazu

This forum has been created now and can be found at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1866833

Thanks JG - for those following our blog - our roll call had such a great time we want to stay in touch and discuss future cruises, itineraries, etc. (and hopefully some of us will cruise together again).

While JG had the thread set up for those who had done this sailing, anyone who is a friend of the Prinsendam is welcome to join in:D

Jacqui, I've been otherwise occupied and didn't get a chance to read your full thread till this morning. Thanks for all the explicit reporting of your cruise. It sounds like the group of you had a fabulous time. Happy Birthday.:):)

Jacqui, I've been otherwise occupied and didn't get a chance to read your full thread till this morning. Thanks for all the explicit reporting of your cruise. It sounds like the group of you had a fabulous time. Happy Birthday.:):)

Thanks Carol:D We did have a great time - to put it mildly:)

I remember you asked someone else if they put out a book with Prinsendam cruises.

There was no book, but they did pass out different sheets with "unpublished' Prinsendam itineraries which was a bit of a help.

To be honest, these are available on the website, but I wouldn't have known to look without these flyers.:D

I would like to add a comment about Alla Tours. In St Petersburg, I did the 2 day Comfort Tour with another 14 from our roll call. The reason why I picked this tour was that I read this on the Alla Tours website:

"The 2-day St Petersburg Comfort tour program will be a good choice for the families traveling with kids and elderly people who request frequent stops for rest."

I don't think that our guide had read this. On the first day, we walked without stopping for an hour and a quarter to our restaurant (not even enough time to take a photo) and I am talking about people with walkers and with mobility difficulties here. Then after lunch there was a further hour and a half of walking without once being able to sit down for a rest. Several of us complained to him more than once during the course of the day. He said we did not have time for stops and that in fact there was more walking in this tour than in the Grand Tour, which we all questioned.

On day 2, we met Alla in the morning to pay for the tour and again several of complained about the amount of walking. She spoke to our guide and from then on things improved a bit. However, I could not in all honesty recommend this tour to anybody who finds it difficult walking for long periods of time or who expects to find it more leisurely than the Grand Tour. The first day was so tiring that one of the group dropped out, which gives an indication of how demanding it was.

Thank you for this information. It certainly will help others to decide what to book in the future.

Richard and I are still on board. We were due to tender into Dunmore East (for Waterford) but the Captain advised us two days ago that the weather would be rough to tender in and they'd decided we'd go to Cobh (for Cork) instead. I am sitting in the Main Street using free wifi and catching up on days of missed CC!

I have more information about the Dancing with the Stars finale. Richard spoke to the Cruise Director, Gene, who said that Richard the jive dance with the vocal support had threatened to sue over the result. For whatever reason, Gene gave him a gold star too and told him he was also in the running for the grand finale and the free cruise in January. What stood out most when my Richard told me of this conversation was that the CD was more concerned that it was a memorable event than he was about the controversy.

We too were disappointed with the way the crowd treated Jeanette.

Michelle.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Richard and I are still on board. We were due to tender into Dunmore East (for Waterford) but the Captain advised us two days ago that the weather would be rough to tender in and they'd decided we'd go to Cobh (for Cork) instead. I am sitting in the Main Street using free wifi and catching up on days of missed CC!

I have more information about the Dancing with the Stars finale. Richard spoke to the Cruise Director, Gene, who said that Richard the jive dance with the vocal support had threatened to sue over the result. For whatever reason, Gene gave him a gold star too and told him he was also in the running for the grand finale and the free cruise in January. What stood out most when my Richard told me of this conversation was that the CD was more concerned that it was a memorable event than he was about the controversy.

Michelle.

Judging by the sheer volume of supporters is ridiculous and unfair.

I remember you asked someone else if they put out a book with Prinsendam cruises.

There was no book, but they did pass out different sheets with "unpublished' Prinsendam itineraries which was a bit of a help.

To be honest, these are available on the website, but I wouldn't have known to look without these flyers.:D

Thanks for the follow-up, Jacqui. I had learned there are no more Prinsendam-only brochures :( before my recent cruise, so boarded knowing there was no chance to pick one up.

What I didn't know was that there is printed material! Wish I had, since I would have asked for it. I just can't find cruises in the fashion I want to research when I use the computer.

The programming requires that you have an idea of where you want to go! :mad: Imagine. Sometimes a person just wants to sail a particular ship, and wants to check itineraries from that point of view.

If I had any sympathy for the jive dancer before (after all, he can't control how his supporters act), it's gone now. To threaten a lawsuit is being a poor loser to the max. Just poor sportsmanship.

Thanks for the follow-up, Jacqui. I had learned there are no more Prinsendam-only brochures :( before my recent cruise, so boarded knowing there was no chance to pick one up.

What I didn't know was that there is printed material! Wish I had, since I would have asked for it. I just can't find cruises in the fashion I want to research when I use the computer.

The programming requires that you have an idea of where you want to go! :mad: Imagine. Sometimes a person just wants to sail a particular ship, and wants to check itineraries from that point of view.

Ruth, I kept most of them:D (some were repetitive).

If you want to email me your address, I would be more than happy to copy them and send them to you:)

I'm with you, I prefer to be inspired by looking at the potentials:)

Michelle.

Wow Michelle!!!:eek::eek: Thanks for the update. Seriously??? Threatening to sue?? Give me a break - this is supposed to be all in fun.

What an absolute jerk. I certainly hope he wins nothing just for his poor attitude:mad: BTW - for what it's worth - some of us suspect that he had a professional dancing background and was not a true amateur - but it's just a suspicion to add more fuel to the fire:rolleyes:

IIRC, you could do that before the latest "improvements" to the HAL web site.

Really stupid, when you click on one ship, how are you going to get so many results that you have to filter further before you get a manageable selection of cruises.

Jacqui, I hope we're still on for August. I'd appreciat seeing those as well.

Roy

Wow Michelle!!!:eek::eek: Thanks for the update. Seriously??? Threatening to sue?? Give me a break - this is supposed to be all in fun.

What an absolute jerk. I certainly hope he wins nothing just for his poor attitude:mad: BTW - for what it's worth - some of us suspect that he had a professional dancing background and was not a true amateur - but it's just a suspicion to add more fuel to the fire:rolleyes:

Sue? Really! Jeanette won fair and square according to the rules set down by HAL. Richard knew the rules when he signed up.

I thought he was a jerk who loved himself too much before----now what I would call him is decidedly unladylike so I won't go there.

Jacqui, you may be on to something. He really was a polished and professional appearing dancer. That is the only compliment I would pay him.

Michelle.

Wow, thanks for that update Michelle. I knew Richard, the Jiver, was angry and had been wondering what action Gene may have taken. Could you check for me with Gene to find out if this means I have been removed from the list as a winner for the Baltic cruise? I thought there was supposed to be only 17 Prinsendam winners. I am confused, not that it really matters as I did win (by a large margin) for the foxtrot on the TA cruise.

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your cruise. We have just booked a 11 night cruise on the Azamara Quest for July 3 from Copenhagen to Norway, Iceland, Isle of Man ending in Dublin. We just can't stay away from a cruise ship, especially the small ones.

Jeanette

Gosh - I am really surprised at how Gene caved (and I hope that he gets to know this)! The rules of the contest were set out and Jeanette won according to the rules - shame on you HA! Richard is a dancer for sure - and obviously a sore loser!!

Jeanette - you sure don't let any grass grow under your feet - enjoy your next cruise - yikes that is only 10 days away!!

IIRC, you could do that before the latest "improvements" to the HAL web site.

Really stupid, when you click on one ship, how are you going to get so many results that you have to filter further before you get a manageable selection of cruises.

Jacqui, I hope we're still on for August. I'd appreciat seeing those as well.

Roy

Still on for August if you like Roy - my pleasure:D I just have to go digging for that email:o It's too far back with all this silly planning stuff I was doing before my cruise:o I should have put it in a folder:o

I'd be happy to mail these to you as well if you like - just drop me a line with your address and I will gladly send them to you. :D

Wow, thanks for that update Michelle. I knew Richard, the Jiver, was angry and had been wondering what action Gene may have taken. Could you check for me with Gene to find out if this means I have been removed from the list as a winner for the Baltic cruise? I thought there was supposed to be only 17 Prinsendam winners. I am confused, not that it really matters as I did win (by a large margin) for the foxtrot on the TA cruise.

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Glad to hear you are still enjoying your cruise. We have just booked a 11 night cruise on the Azamara Quest for July 3 from Copenhagen to Norway, Iceland, Isle of Man ending in Dublin. We just can't stay away from a cruise ship, especially the small ones.

Jeanette

I doubt you have been removed Jeanette;)

who knows, Gene may have just given him the star to keep him quiet and his video may end up nowhere. That would be the way to go IMO.

You're still in Europe right? Might as well take advantage of it and enjoy another cruise. Have fun:D

Archived