CD bought on cruise - damaged by TSA

Miwemo

I think the best advice to the OP is to just "get over it" and move on with life. The value of a couple of CDs is hardly worth ruining your day, and filing a claim for objects of such low value is hardly worth the time or expense. In addition, you have no way to prove who caused the damage of whether it just happened because your luggage was tossed around with perhaps tons of other luggage piled on top.

Hank

Thanks for the advice. We contacted Celebrity Customer Service and promptly received a replacement.

What good news. Very happy for you and give Celebrity Customer Service a nod for good service.

Thank you for coming back to let us know. All too often we never hear the 'rest of the story'.

I think the best advice to the OP is to just "get over it" and move on with life. The value of a couple of CDs is hardly worth ruining your day, and filing a claim for objects of such low value is hardly worth the time or expense. In addition, you have no way to prove who caused the damage of whether it just happened because your luggage was tossed around with perhaps tons of other luggage piled on top.

Hank

You seem to have missed post #24 in this thread.

Here it is:

Thanks for the advice. We contacted Celebrity Customer Service and promptly received a replacement.

OP file a claims with a copy to your Congressman. It will probably be denied, but you might get lucky.

Seems like with all the problems in the US, bothering your congressman with a letter on the loss of a CD is a bit much. I know that they will never see it but even having their staff bother with a $20 CD is ridiculous.

DON

Seems like with all the problems in the US, bothering your congressman with a letter on the loss of a CD is a bit much. I know that they will never see it but even having their staff bother with a $20 CD is ridiculous.

DON

Thanks for editing my post Don.

The reason to contact the people that have oversight and funding power over the Airport Security Screeners is to inform them of what is actually occurring. The problem OP described is deeper than the monetary loss. "For want of a nail ..."

Thanks for editing my post Don.

The reason to contact the people that have oversight and funding power over the Airport Security Screeners is to inform them of what is actually occurring. The problem OP described is deeper than the monetary loss. "For want of a nail ..."

I see you continue to automatically assume that the TSA is a fault. I, on the other hand, see many other possibilities for the damage, so cannot identify who or what is to blame. But, then again, I don't have a vendetta against the TSA as you seem to have, so I don't have a need to push my anti-TSA agenda in every post I make. :rolleyes:

So, yes, let's get your congressman - heck, why not get President Obama involved as well - in rooting out those low-life TSA crooks and their blatant hatred for us travelers. It's time to rise up against the tyranny of luggage inspections! Our new motto should be: "Live TSAless, or die!"

This thread is now a closed issue for OP since s/he came back to report about it in post 24. :) Just saying.

And kudos to Celebrity for stepping up and helping out a former passenger, even though no one knew for certain who was ultimately responsible for the damage. Good customer service!

Archived