Has anyone had a good experience at Rita's Cantina?

I am really looking forward to trying it next year....we live in the heart of TexMex country, San Antonio, where there are as many different ideas of what is good Mexican food as there are Mexican restaurants.....and honey, there's one on every corner!:rolleyes: But I am born and bred Texan so it should be interesting....I recently threatened to bring my own seasoning on our Allure roll call:D. If you can't imagine how one can mess up something as simple as salsa or quacamole, you have no idea! I make my own enchiladas, tacos and quac/salsa at home. But I'll be happy to assist if they ask me;)

I'm going in spring break and we are from Houston. I'm looking for a fellow texans opinion on this place.

We too did the Fiesta...we went because a large group from our roll call planned to party together. As mentioned, the food was ok, not great, but not terrible either. We weren't looking for fine dining, we were there to enjoy the company of fine friends. :p. Would we eat there again? Maybe. DH is not a Mexican food fan, but he does love chips and salsa, and the chips there were thin, hot and crisp...all his requirements for great chips, lol. If we could just order that and a few beers and skip the rest of the food, I know we would eat there again.

Ritas during "normal operating hours" is okay to better than average and you actually have a choice of food! We also did the Fiesta which was more about the fun, drinks, and atmosphere. The food was really poor. I am not just saying that....an app, a main dish, and HORRIBLE deserts....none of which you get to choose. Dont like shrimp or allergic???? Beware! They did accomodate our table member by serving the deep feied whatever it was without shrimp, but only after the regular items were served and you had no idea what was coming. Yes we had fun and got a little tipsy...would we do it again? no.

....a totally honest opinion. And, agreed....the salsa was out of a jar.:(

The Mango Margarita's are awesome. Lot's of cheese in the food and it was pretty good. The service we had on the Radiance was excellent.

We're on Radiance in Sept. for Alaska, will report back here after...will it be decent? Hope so.;)

You live in Texas! LOL. I'm sure you can find something down the road from your house :D I'm over in San Antonio and the LAST place I'm planning to eat on the Allure is Rita's.

We're from San Antonio area also and I make it a habit not to eat Mexican away from home and that included the Allure.

We're from San Antonio area also and I make it a habit not to eat Mexican away from home and that included the Allure.

Do tell where is a good place in San Antonio area to eat Mexican:confused:

When we embarked Allure (October 2011) for a B2B, we took our embarkation lunch at Ritas and did the Fiesta during the second week. The food was good, we thought the Black Bean soup was really good. Only "disappointment" was the salsa which struck me as from a jar. Service was fine. We had no real complaints, and would gladly head there again today if I were fortunate enough to be boarding Allure. :)

Do tell where is a good place in San Antonio area to eat Mexican:confused:

The Riverwalk? ;)

Chuy's? :p

It's a challenge. SA is abound with TexMex fair and the places I did find that serve exclusively Mex (despite being very good) don't last very long. I guess people love drowning their enchiladas in mystery red sauce.

Archived