Celebrity really got this right!

robinlynn

I can not seem to find the ShoreEx for Le Havre. Do they include Juno Beach (Canadians) or the 2 Brit beaches as well. Do you have to book this cruise to see the excursions?

There are three pages of tours under Paris (LeHavre) including 3 that include the landing beaches.

Canadian LH97 ($139)

D-Day Beaches and Bayeaux Tapestry LH12($208)

Beaches of Normandy LH04-American($189)

I believe there are additional tours that show up once you have a cruise reservation.

I hope this helps!

Robin

You'er right, they are pricey. If a group of 8 could get put together it would be doable, but at over 900 Euros, someone would really need to get a group of a minimum of 6 to make it possible. But their site states that only one person makes the reservation for the group and that person is in charge of collecting the money ahead of time from the rest. Sounds great if a group that is travelling together wanted to go, but it is just my DH and me,.and I would not want to be responsible for coming up with that much cash and then trying to put together a group and have to collect cash in advance from strangers who I don't know and don't know me.

Sounds like a good tour though. I will wait and see how things evolve on the

connections board, and maybe a group can be put together.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Robin

I

Check out the rollcall for this cruise, someone else may already be organising this excursion or there may be interest from others to join you.:D

When the sailings for 2014 were announced a while back, I was both surprised and delighted to see that my particular Northern Europe sailing on the Eclipse was the only one adding LeHavre as the last port. France is and always has been, my very favorite destination and I felt that it was just my lucky fate that they chose that sailing for me to revisit , if even for one day!

But yesterday, as I was looking again at my itinerary, I saw that our one day in France was on June 6th, the D-Day anniversary. This year is the 70th anniversary of D-Day and there will be parades, memorials, and celebrations throughout the country, and especially, of course, in Normandy, where we will be!

My DH and I are thrilled. His Dad was one of those brave heroes, fighting his way from the beaches of Normandy to the Battle of the Bulge to the liberation of Paris, even liberating a **** death camp or two along the way. He fought under General Patton, receiving a Bronze and a Silver Star for his efforts. He was the kindest sweetest man you could ever want to know and he is greatly missed, even though it has been a while since he passed away.

We are so delighted to be able visit on this special day and share in the celebrations and reflections of the bravery of those men. We have been to Normandy on two previous trips, the second time with our adult children, but being able to be there on this special anniversary is very special. There can not be too many of these veterans left, but it will be so wonderful to share in these events with them.

Celebrity is offering at least three excursions that include the landing beaches and the Museum to the liberation at Caen. They are including a buffet lunch at Caen, since it is a very long day.

I really feel that Celebrity was on the ball with this one and for history buffs like us, we are delighted.

Thank you Celebrity...you really got this one right !

Robin:D

Nice! Tell your FIL thanks for serving!

You'er right, they are pricey. If a group of 8 could get put together it would be doable, but at over 900 Euros, someone would really need to get a group of a minimum of 6 to make it possible. But their site states that only one person makes the reservation for the group and that person is in charge of collecting the money ahead of time from the rest. Sounds great if a group that is travelling together wanted to go, but it is just my DH and me,.and I would not want to be responsible for coming up with that much cash and then trying to put together a group and have to collect cash in advance from strangers who I don't know and don't know me.

Sounds like a good tour though. I will wait and see how things evolve on the

connections board, and maybe a group can be put together.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Robin

I agree with the advice from MicCanberra to check out the Roll Call for your sailing. The Overlord Tours in Normandy are really popular, and I'd be surprised if you don't find enough interested people. (Or there may already be folks trying to put a group together.)

I do agree with you that the amount is too great to put at risk unless and until you are part of a group with which you are comfortable.

Good luck!

I agree with the advice from MicCanberra to check out the Roll Call for your sailing. The Overlord Tours in Normandy are really popular, and I'd be surprised if you don't find enough interested people. (Or there may already be folks trying to put a group together.)

I do agree with you that the amount is too great to put at risk unless and until you are part of a group with which you are comfortable.

Good luck!

Very little going on my roll call yet...half of the postings are from me!

Robin

Nice! Tell your FIL thanks for serving!

Hi, I think she said he has been gone for a few years now.

Quote:

" he is greatly missed, even though it has been a while since he passed away"

But I do agree with the sentiment...and this coming Monday is

Memorial Day....a big thank you to all who have served/are serving.

Hi, I think she said he has been gone for a few years now.

Quote:

" he is greatly missed, even though it has been a while since he passed away"

But I do agree with the sentiment...and this coming Monday is

Memorial Day....a big thank you to all who have served/are serving.

I agree, there are so many that have made the greatest sacrifice and they should be remembered for it. Lest we forget.:D

Archived