Just returned from the Breakaway's Maiden Voyage

Writeratsea

Just returned from the Breakaway on its maiden voyage to Bermuda May 12, 2013. It was a wonderful cruise and we had a great time. The weather was perfect and the transportation system worked smoothly. The ship had many interesting innovations. NCL CEO Kevin Sheehan was aboard and met him at the meet and greet. If anyone has questions, I will try to answer them. I have all the dailies and most of the menus

Just returned from the Breakaway on its maiden voyage to Bermuda May 12, 2013. It was a wonderful cruise and we had a great time. The weather was perfect and the transportation system worked smoothly. The ship had many interesting innovations. NCL CEO Kevin Sheehan was aboard and met him at the meet and greet. If anyone has questions, I will try to answer them. I have all the dailies and most of the menus

There are lots of people on the Breakaway board looking for information and copies of the dailies.

If possible can you move over to the Breakaway board?

Did you see the Lennon concert? Was it crowded?

I'd like to find out about it too. We are planning to go but would love to know if it's worth the trip.

Oh and please, please post all the dailies and menus! :)

If you could and not mind sharing the dailies it be most appreciated along with the MDR menus.

So glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Is there any band playing on board besides in Fat Cats any rock n roll music to dance to on the ship during the evening?

I think it would be more appropriate to discuss the ship (posting of menus, Freestyle Dailies, etc. ) on the NCL board. This board is for discussion of Bermuda itself.

I agree with you as far as the technical details. But this was a cruise to Bermuda, the island itself was my main focus of this thread. But of course people are curious, since the Breakaway is brand new and very innovative. So I can answer general impressions and details. The dailies I will post on the main NCL board

There are lots of people on the Breakaway board looking for information and copies of the dailies.

If possible can you move over to the Breakaway board?

Yes I can. I had wanted to discuss Bermuda itself and general impressions of the ship. I will also post on the Breakaway board.

Did you see the Lennon concert? Was it crowded? How about Harbor Night in Hamilton? Going next month:D

We went and it was not crowded at all. There were about 10 vendors set up and Bonefish set up tables for customers to eat and drink.

We were kind of confused, thought it was about John Lennon and the 20 songs he wrote in Bermuda. The first entertainer strummed ukulele and was singing rolling stones???? We left after an hour after not hearing a single Lennon song??? Very puzzling. Apparently it is a TRIBUTE to Lennon from local performers, whatever that is.

Maybe someone who stayed longer can tell us if that changed or not.

If you could and not mind sharing the dailies it be most appreciated along with the MDR menus.

So glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Is there any band playing on board besides in Fat Cats any rock n roll music to dance to on the ship during the evening?

Fire and Ice played many shows in the Atrium. They played on the Dawn and are just terrific, a power voice that can sing anything and do it well.

Fat cats had Slam Allen, great Blues guitar. We didn't see Howlin at the moon, until Saturday, the last sea day. They were dueling pianos and took turns on drums. They were fantastic, got the audience singing along and very creative. Very funny as well with their ad libs. We regretted not going everytime they played. So don't miss them. They was plenty of music going on all the time not to mention the clubs and Karaoke

Archived