Questionnaire at End of Cruise?

SilvertoGold

I remember reading some time ago that HAL was thinking of sending the end of cruise questionnaire by email after pax are home, rather that give it out on the ship the last day.

Has this happened or do we still expect the questionnaire on board?

Thanks!

Westerdam in March - received it the evening before cruise ended. I don't think they would be smart to send it after you are off the ship ... too much time for some people to "rethink" their experience. :rolleyes: But that's just my opinion.

On my recent Statendam cruise (Ft. L to Vancouver in April/May) we still got the questionnaire onboard.

What happens with them? Well a lot if this is any example. On this cruise about 1/4 of the ship disembarked in San Diego. One person at our table had a food allergy that required very special attention from the Stewards. While the passenger was very nice about it all, it did require that special attention and time from the Steward.

At dinner the evening of San Diego we made a comment to the Steward how good he had been to the passenger. He told us what HAL's expectation of Stewards and passengers with known food allergies (very struck) but then he also said that his Supervisor, that afternoon, had called him (the Steward) in to see him and to share the strong words of praise the passenger had written about him on the Review form. Handed in the evening before, already read and acted on in less than 24 hours. The Steward was almost glowing he was so please about what was written.

I haven't heard of anyone getting the surveys sent after they left the ship.

I see upside to doing that but also a big negative.

I suspect happy cruisers may not respond once home and busy in 'real life'. I think more complainers would respond than satisfied guests. JMO.....

I hadn't heard that but interesting question. Their return rate will drop significantly as will their satisfaction ratings I'd suspect.

JMHO- I work in a job that relies on surveys and out of roughly 550 customer visits we are lucky to get 30 back per month and we are diligent about asking. Bearing in mind the surveys are random and not everyone gets one it's still a low return rate and we are considered average.

I'd think it would be better for HAL to get them done while pax are on the ship and still feeling good and charitable about their cruise. Otherwise for example external uncontrollable factors like my return flight was late, the taxi driver ripped my suitcase, etc etc will start to creep into the surveys. Also the otherwise silent majority will not bother to fill out the surveys and it will just be results from the assassins and disciples for the most part.

Big mistake IMHO.

In my opinion, the surveys don't reflect a true opinion. In many cases, the cruise directors tell you to give everything a "9" unless you are truly unhappy. They say that nothing is perfect so if you are at all satisfied, a "9" is the way to go. Some stewards also beg for "9s".

Just got off a collectors cruise and was surprised that the survey received (a couple of days before the end) pertained only to the second segment, not the first segment. Is that standard? It's my first experience with a collectors cruise.

As mentioned, we did receive the survey a little earlier than usual. I think that was because it was a very port intensive cruise (Med) and we still had two port days to go. They even did the disembarkation talk early. That worked for us as I dislike trying to pack and do the survey at the same time, and still enjoy what little time is left on the cruise!

In my opinion, the surveys don't reflect a true opinion. In many cases, the cruise directors tell you to give everything a "9" unless you are truly unhappy. They say that nothing is perfect so if you are at all satisfied, a "9" is the way to go. Some stewards also beg for "9s".

I agree! When the CD stands behind that Hal lecturing and actively solicites "9s" and others throughout the ship do the same it totally invalidates any statistical worth the survey might have.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the replies.

I would really, really like to get the questionaire early so I can think about the things I want to say. The evening before is such a hassle!

A few days in to your cruise you will get a card at evening cabin service that says "Let Us Know". You can fill it out and drop it off to the Front Office. What I like about those cards is that things get done that need attention or praise is passed along to crew members while you are still on the cruise. You can fill out as many as you need and the space to comment is vastly larger than the tiny space they give you on the surveys. If you are concerned that you do not have enough time on your survey when it comes the last day, you can always start on these when the need strikes so that you don't have to spend too much time on the surveys, which have so many different categories on them.

A few cruises ago we received an e-mail survey post cruise. It was tagged as an experiment. We filled it out and was able to give additional feedback but the overall tone was the same as the survey on ship. We haven't received any others since. I have emailed HAL post cruise for great service as well as a few glitches. Each time they responded sometimes giving us gifts when they messed up. Next cruise we get a 50 beverage card.

I fill out the little comment cards as the mood strikes me and know that the comments trickle down to the employees involved. The requests for nines keeps me from filling out the surveys; I turn them in blank. I also do not want to spend my cruise time on such a long survey. The fact that they are not anonymous will keep some people from being brutally honest.

A few cruises ago we received an e-mail survey post cruise. It was tagged as an experiment. We filled it out and was able to give additional feedback but the overall tone was the same as the survey on ship. We haven't received any others since. I have emailed HAL post cruise for great service as well as a few glitches. Each time they responded sometimes giving us gifts when they messed up. Next cruise we get a 50 beverage card.

Nice.

When we have had problems on various cruises and mentioned them -- got nothing.

I'm another one that doesn't like the begging for 9's. I have noticed the stewards that ask for it are usually the ones that don't earn it. I can't imagine going to my employer begging to give me top marks.

Princess does the after cruise surveys and I always fill mine out. I find the last day surveys on the ship a hassle with packing and getting ready to leave. That said, I do fill them out.

I'm another one that doesn't like the begging for 9's. I have noticed the stewards that ask for it are usually the ones that don't earn it. I can't imagine going to my employer begging to give me top marks.

Princess does the after cruise surveys and I always fill mine out. I find the last day surveys on the ship a hassle with packing and getting ready to leave. That said, I do fill them out.

Does Princess send them via e-mail or regular mail?

If e-mail -- what about people who do not have a computer.

We really had nice cruise a few weeks ago, but gave Cruise Director low marks wonder what he thought of that? Our Cabin steward offered to take the comment card, I sure something might happen to it if he got bad marks ( he did get 9's but I took it down myself)

Does Princess send them via e-mail or regular mail?

If e-mail -- what about people who do not have a computer.

Email. I wonder if they have a snail mail option too. I'm not sure. I thought my parents were the only ones in the world without a computer:D.

A few days in to your cruise you will get a card at evening cabin service that says "Let Us Know". You can fill it out and drop it off to the Front Office. What I like about those cards is that things get done that need attention or praise is passed along to crew members while you are still on the cruise. You can fill out as many as you need and the space to comment is vastly larger than the tiny space they give you on the surveys. If you are concerned that you do not have enough time on your survey when it comes the last day, you can always start on these when the need strikes so that you don't have to spend too much time on the surveys, which have so many different categories on them.

I know the card you are referring to, but I haven't had one delivered for perhaps 6 or 7 cruises. Before that, maybe every second cruise. It is not a sure thing, but I suppose you can ask for one or more.

Email. I wonder if they have a snail mail option too. I'm not sure. I thought my parents were the only ones in the world without a computer:D.

Thank you

There are lots of people who do not have computers.

Our TA has to run off documents and luggage tags for quite a few of her customers.

Archived