Got room assignment!

Moomduck1

This is our 3rd HAL cruise, and our adult son's 2nd. He wanted to try a guaranty, so this was our first experience. Paid for an H and got an E. I am happy with it. I'm a bit nervous (just a bit) about the burst pipes on the Maasdam. He has asthma, so I'm hoping that the mold smell is gone by June 1. I don't see why it wouldn't be. We could always switch with him if it isn't. 10 days out and got the room assignment. Plenty of time, but I was a bit stressed, checking every day. I'm not sure why - I knew he had a room!! And it was fun....I'd check every day, no room assignment, and I'd tell him that he's still sleeping on the floor of the lounge with no room. :) Just in fun. He's very laid back and was never anxious. It was an interesting experience, the guaranty.

We have done GTY cabins twice now, with good results, so we are doing it again this time around. First time, was my first cruise (not hubby's first, though - but his first GTY) - our honeymoon - our TA talked us into it - said we could pay for the lowest category of balcony stateroom (VH on the Noordam) and "more likely than not" end up with a better category of veranda without the solid steel railing of the VH - well, we certainly did! We ended up being assigned an aft VA with a lovely view of the wake and an extra deep balcony! It was amazing for 10 days through the mediterranean. A great honeymoon present! Oh, and our assignment was 10 days out as well. Seems to be a popular time-frame.

Our second GTY was an SZ, and we received an upsell offer about 20 days pre-cruise for an SA Neptune Suite for very little extra so we accepted.

This time we have SZ GTY again, but we have two cabins reserved so I am advised not to expect upsells because of the multiple cabin nature of our booking. We never actually got to sail in "Signature Suite" cabins last time, so we will be pleased to try whichever two "Signature" cabins we are assigned.

I'll be checking my luggage tags on May 30 to see! Bon voyage! Have a great cruise!

Congratulations on a good upgrade! We usually book guarantee cabins and have been upgraded all but one time. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks! We are very happy with it. It's a full window, instead of the porthole. And the location is relatively near our room.

You can check online now if you log in to the HAL website.

Mumsy.

Yes, I know I can check now, but in my experience nothing happens until at least 10 days out, so I'm not going to bother until then! :)

Archived