So much for being a VIFP!!!!

juanotero79

Wouldn't it make sense if the fees being charged for the upgrade to the Cloud 9 Spa room were $70.00 per person plus taxes? That would be right at $150.00 if you have 2 in the cabin. Maybe OP might want to get clarification on this as this seems to be where the confusion is. Remember, you are paying per person, not per cabin.

Delta has a $200 per person change rate if you see a lower fare. I guess I don't see the big deal if you would be charged to change it. :confused:

You folks are going to love a new rate code I heard bandied about called the gamble. You agree to a rate that could go UP or down even after final payment.

Exactly, people need to focus on what they like and forget about what they don't.

Yes, and if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to cruise with CCL. Just move on and find something that makes you 100% satisfied. If you do something one time and find you don't like it, why would you do it over and over again?

Yes, and if you don't like it, no one is forcing you to cruise with CCL. Just move on and find something that makes you 100% satisfied. If you do something one time and find you don't like it, why would you do it over and over again?

Exactly, that is why DW and I are Platinum on CCL and RCI. We do CCL most, but do like to change things up sometimes. Keeps things from getting too routine for us.:D

Wouldn't it make sense if the fees being charged for the upgrade to the Cloud 9 Spa room were $70.00 per person plus taxes? That would be right at $150.00 if you have 2 in the cabin. Maybe OP might want to get clarification on this as this seems to be where the confusion is. Remember, you are paying per person, not per cabin.

what taxes? The OP has already paid the taxes.

Taxes are the same whether you book an inside cabin or a suite.

It is not like a sales tax where you are charged a percentage based on the selling price.:)

Bill

Some posters remind me of a pissed off ex! Swear they hate you but still drive by your house daily, send pissed off emails,etc..

Swear never will sail carnival again but have to visit the carnival board to bash....maybe you all need therapy or a support group? Your truly stalking????

Some posters remind me of a pissed off ex! Swear they hate you but still drive by your house daily, send pissed off emails,etc..

Swear never will sail carnival again but have to visit the carnival board to bash....maybe you all need therapy or a support group? Your truly stalking????

That's a pretty good sum up.

I think most people are not understanding the issue.

I called Carnival, and asked them how much was to upgrade from a regular balcony room to a Spa Balcony. The difference in the price from what I paid was $70.00 TOTAL. Not per person! The wanted to charge $150.00 for the upgrade. Why would I pay $150.00 for the upgrade if the difference from what I paid and what they are charging now is $70.00. If they were asking for an additional service fee I would understand. But the lady just told me that is how much will it cost me to upgrade. I asked her why would it be $150.00 and she said that she had no reason, that was the fee, because that was the difference in price according to them, even though I was online at the same time looking at the rates in Carnival's reservation page. I am not saying they have to upgrade me for free, I am just not agreeing with paying more than what the difference in price from what I paid and their new price is and maybe a service fee... I have traveled in several cruises and I understand how things are, and I am not complaining about how much the cruise cost me. I work for what I buy, as a customer, nobody wants to pay more for something than what is worth.

For all of those people who are trying to make me look like a cheap person who thinks I deserve things for free, that is not what the whole situation is about!! I never asked Carnival to give me a refund... just a comparable upgrade to what I paid!

On the Liberty, the upgrade I asked for is from my balcony to a balcony that is $100.00 (TOTAL) less right now. Why would I be charged for something that is cheaper now?

I am just frustrated! Any person who works hard for their money and their vacations would be! And yes, I will enjoy my cruises! These are my vacations after a hard school year teaching in prison, I deserve to enjoy them!! I will be at the beach or the ship's pool every day of those 13 days! I can't wait!

I called Carnival, and asked them how much was to upgrade from a regular balcony room to a Spa Balcony. The difference in the price from what I paid was $70.00 TOTAL. Not per person! The wanted to charge $150.00 for the upgrade. Why would I pay $150.00 for the upgrade if the difference from what I paid and what they are charging now is $70.00. If they were asking for an additional service fee I would understand. But the lady just told me that is how much will it cost me to upgrade. I asked her why would it be $150.00 and she said that she had no reason, that was the fee, because that was the difference in price according to them, even though I was online at the same time looking at the rates in Carnival's reservation page.

I think you were not looking at the same thing, even though you thought you were, because otherwise what you said makes no sense at all. You say the difference was $70, Carnival said it was $150, so clearly something is off there.

I called Carnival, and asked them how much was to upgrade from a regular balcony room to a Spa Balcony. The difference in the price from what I paid was $70.00 TOTAL. Not per person! The wanted to charge $150.00 for the upgrade. Why would I pay $150.00 for the upgrade if the difference from what I paid and what they are charging now is $70.00. If they were asking for an additional service fee I would understand. But the lady just told me that is how much will it cost me to upgrade. I asked her why would it be $150.00 and she said that she had no reason, that was the fee, because that was the difference in price according to them, even though I was online at the same time looking at the rates in Carnival's reservation page. I am not saying they have to upgrade me for free, I am just not agreeing with paying more than what the difference in price from what I paid and their new price is and maybe a service fee... I have traveled in several cruises and I understand how things are, and I am not complaining about how much the cruise cost me. I work for what I buy, as a customer, nobody wants to pay more for something than what is worth.

For all of those people who are trying to make me look like a cheap person who thinks I deserve things for free, that is not what the whole situation is about!! I never asked Carnival to give me a refund... just a comparable upgrade to what I paid!

On the Liberty, the upgrade I asked for is from my balcony to a balcony that is $100.00 (TOTAL) less right now. Why would I be charged for something that is cheaper now?

I am just frustrated! Any person who works hard for their money and their vacations would be! And yes, I will enjoy my cruises! These are my vacations after a hard school year teaching in prison, I deserve to enjoy them!! I will be at the beach or the ship's pool every day of those 13 days! I can't wait!

Def find a good independant agent.

I called two days ago to Carnival because I have two reservations for June 30, 2013 on the Carnival Breeze and for July 6, 2013 on the Carnival Liberty . Almost a back to back!!!

I paid $1957.00 for a balcony stateroom on the Carnival Breeze and now the price of the same category of room is $1827.00 so we paid $130 more than what new people are paying for the same room. I asked to see if we could do an upgrade to a Spa Room (at the moment, less than 50 days from the cruise, there are more than 15 of those rooms available!!!) The prices in the Spa rooms is only $70.00 more than what I paid for a regular balcony and the customer service lady told me I can't upgrade to a Spa Room. She said I can only upgrade if I pay $150.00 which I found ridiculous if the price right now is only $70.00 more. I offered to pay the $70.00 difference, yet she did not allow it.

Also the rooms in the Carnival Liberty in the same balcony category we have are $2317 and we paid $2597.00 a difference of $280.00. So I also called and asked for an upgrade from a balcony (Cat 8D) to an aft extended balcony that is now $100.00 less than what I paid for mine and they did not want to do the upgrade.

So much for appreciating a past guest. This will be my tenth cruise and my first Platinum cruise!!!!!!!! What a way to feel appreciated!!!!!!

In total, we I paid $410.00 more than if I would have done the two reservations today!!! :mad:

I have been a loyal customer for Carnival since 1997! These two cruises will be my 9th and 10th cruises with CCL. I also have been buying future cruise vouchers for more than three years now! Last year I purchased two that I used for my reservations this year!!!

I think with all of the money extra I paid in both cruises compared to Carnival's current prices, a $70.00 upgrade in the Breeze should not even be charged!!

I understand that the two cruises are separate, but it is still a Carnival Cruises back to back!

If this is not something that can be done I rather go with a different cruise line the next time I cruise since there is any loyalty appreciation in this company at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

There are no financial benefits to booking B2B even on the same ship. The benefits for some of us is that it is better to do 2 cruises together due to the cost of airfare.

And, yes, to get the price drops after final payment date you have to book Early Saver.

I shop at lowes alot business and personal ... Last week I bought 15 bags of mulch at 12 bucks per 3 bags ..

This week they are on sale 4 for 10 did I go running in lowes today and demand a refund.. Nope I said we'll dang should of waited a week

Sometime you win sometime you loose

By the way, if you took your receipt in to Lowe's, they would have given you a price adjustment. It has to be done within a certain amount of days. I can't remember what Lowe's policy is as to # of days, but I know they do it as we've gotten price adjustments from them a few times. Most stores have the same policy. It just varies as to how many days.

Most people respect me.. and right off .. I said call back and ASK for a reason until you understand it.

If someone said, thats how much, I have no reason.. I would not accept that.. Id either ask again until I got a answer, or ask for a supervisor to explain it.. or hang up and call back and get someone more knowledgeable.

I said that right off.. but you ignored my advise ...TO FIND OUT WHY THE DIFFERENCE.

It has nothing to do with being cheap. It has to do with you saying they said they had no reason .. and you accepted it and came here to complain.. so we said get back on the phone.. go back and read my first post.

tell them to explain why $150 in words you can understand. Whatever way you have to ask it.. I would not sit here and be mad.. if you know me at all, you can bet I would find out the reason. It does sound like they are saying they see a bigger price difference than you are seeing. Someone said maybe you are not looking at your category perhaps.. THERE IS A REASON.

I think you were not looking at the same thing, even though you thought you were, because otherwise what you said makes no sense at all. You say the difference was $70, Carnival said it was $150, so clearly something is off there.

I agree, this is the crux of the matter. The OP says they did not agree with the price she was seeing .. why? Call back and ask until you understand the reason.

We cant see what they both are looking at, but I can say for sure Carnival is not just making up a $150 price for no reason.

Maybe the OP is looking at a different category is the best I can come up with.

OP I wish I was allowed to give you my PVPs name and phone number and have her explain it to you in terms that you can understand. I would never be satisfied with "no reason, thats the price it is" since you say you see something else. I would take a screen shot, and email it to my pvp who could then tell me what I was seeing and why or why not it was valid.

Sorry but I can't believe " no reason " was the answer given to you. Maybe you just don't want to share the reason given.

I shop at lowes alot business and personal ... Last week I bought 15 bags of mulch at 12 bucks per 3 bags ..

This week they are on sale 4 for 10 did I go running in lowes today and demand a refund.. Nope I said we'll dang should of waited a week

Sometime you win sometime you loose

I would have taken my receipt in and asked nicely for a refund or credit for the difference. Most stores will do this for you. Some even advertise that they do it :)

I wouldnt expect the same on cruise fare, since there is already a set plan to receive discount ( early saver). I bought the early saver because it was over a year ahead and likely that price would go down/unlikely that I would cancel my cruise. It was worth the risk. I would feel a bit slighted if they gave the same benefits to those who were not taking the same risk. Its an entirely different ball of wax though, mulch/cruise fare.

Archived