So much for being a VIFP!!!!

juanotero79

Nothing is this world is free if you want something pay for it just like the rest of the 99%

Hey, Vols guy, you are being a little rough on the OP, don't you think? Let's spread around some of that Jamaican love and be kind to our fellow cruisers.

I can appreciate his frustration. My strategy is, if I call Carnival and don't get the service that I think I deserve, I hang up and call back until I get someone willing to give good customer service. You'd be surprised how often that works.

You think cruising another cruise line will solve your issue? That they would have done it? Other lines, like NCL, don't even have early saver to even have a chance to get a lower price. My friend is cruising NCL in June, has a suite, price dropped $1000... oh well what can you do, you got the stateroom you wanted in the end. I canceled the NCL cruise she booked and just rebooked for $300pp less then when I had booked almost a year ago, I rolled the dice and won.... sometimes we do and sometimes we don't.

I'm the first to point a finger at Carnival believe me but I honestly don't think you'd get any different treatment on another cruise line. Once you get inside that final payment date, there's not much you can do on any line that I'm aware of.

I was able to upgrade from aft inside to mid ship oceanview on my last cruise, at no additional cost. I booked 30 days out so was definitely within final payment dates. So, from experience, I know there is something off with the OP issue. I think it has to be some category issue or possibly a guarantee cabin or something.

If they had given me a price above the going rate, I would have gotten a reasonable explanation. Now, the explanation. Could have been I wasn't eligible and I would have been ok with that. My position was it didn't hurt to ask. I really don't think Carnival wouldn't move OP if it was possible. I believe Carnival has made significant cuts, etc, but I just think there is something off in this scenario.

Hope price is still low and you try to call back. Don't hang up until you have a clear reason.

Wouldn't it make sense if the fees being charged for the upgrade to the Cloud 9 Spa room were $70.00 per person plus taxes? That would be right at $150.00 if you have 2 in the cabin. Maybe OP might want to get clarification on this as this seems to be where the confusion is. Remember, you are paying per person, not per cabin.

Finally through all this scrolling someone makes a statement that answers what I was wondering.

While I think demanding a free upgrade was silly, I was wondering why they were being charged more for the cloud 9 than what the difference in what they paid originally and what a cloud 9 is currently but you are probably right, the OP is not figuring in per person or something. Can't you always just pay the per person price difference on a higher category cabin even after final payment?

Something that can be helped.

DD broke her are in Dec. our ski vacation turned into a cruise vacation 30 minutes before her surgery.

Within 2 weeks we were on the ship and the only negative encounter was Matre'd, he had no idea why it was such a late booking (jerk honestly)

The last cruise we paid 509. PP for an interior room then the proce dropped over 250. I called and they bumped us to an ocean view room. I would have rather had OBC but it was better than nothing. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Good luck

I called two days ago to Carnival because I have two reservations for June 30, 2013 on the Carnival Breeze and for July 6, 2013 on the Carnival Liberty . Almost a back to back!!!

I paid $1957.00 for a balcony stateroom on the Carnival Breeze and now the price of the same category of room is $1827.00 so we paid $130 more than what new people are paying for the same room. I asked to see if we could do an upgrade to a Spa Room (at the moment, less than 50 days from the cruise, there are more than 15 of those rooms available!!!) The prices in the Spa rooms is only $70.00 more than what I paid for a regular balcony and the customer service lady told me I can't upgrade to a Spa Room. She said I can only upgrade if I pay $150.00 which I found ridiculous if the price right now is only $70.00 more. I offered to pay the $70.00 difference, yet she did not allow it.

Also the rooms in the Carnival Liberty in the same balcony category we have are $2317 and we paid $2597.00 a difference of $280.00. So I also called and asked for an upgrade from a balcony (Cat 8D) to an aft extended balcony that is now $100.00 less than what I paid for mine and they did not want to do the upgrade.

So much for appreciating a past guest. This will be my tenth cruise and my first Platinum cruise!!!!!!!! What a way to feel appreciated!!!!!!

In total, we I paid $410.00 more than if I would have done the two reservations today!!! :mad:

I have been a loyal customer for Carnival since 1997! These two cruises will be my 9th and 10th cruises with CCL. I also have been buying future cruise vouchers for more than three years now! Last year I purchased two that I used for my reservations this year!!!

I think with all of the money extra I paid in both cruises compared to Carnival's current prices, a $70.00 upgrade in the Breeze should not even be charged!!

I understand that the two cruises are separate, but it is still a Carnival Cruises back to back!

If this is not something that can be done I rather go with a different cruise line the next time I cruise since there is any loyalty appreciation in this company at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

They are not obligated to let you upgrade without a change fee unless you booked early saver, however I would recommend that you call and ask to speak to a supervisor in the Customer Care Department. They are pretty good about trying to please customers if at all possible.

I shop at lowes alot business and personal ... Last week I bought 15 bags of mulch at 12 bucks per 3 bags ..

This week they are on sale 4 for 10 did I go running in lowes today and demand a refund.. Nope I said we'll dang should of waited a week

Sometime you win sometime you loose

Should have gone back with your receipt ;) most places have a two week price drop policy.. haha. Sorry, totally off topic.

It's definitely a drag for OP to see the difference in price, but if she didn't book ES, she shouldn't be complaining. Now, for the $100 price difference (the upgrad is less), that's definitely something worth calling back for haha.

Something that can be helped.

DD broke her are in Dec. our ski vacation turned into a cruise vacation 30 minutes before her surgery.

Within 2 weeks we were on the ship and the only negative encounter was Matre'd, he had no idea why it was such a late booking (jerk honestly)

The last cruise we paid 509. PP for an interior room then the proce dropped over 250. I called and they bumped us to an ocean view room. I would have rather had OBC but it was better than nothing. Ask to speak to a supervisor.

Good luck

Im glad that Im not the only one with this reaction. I wanted early dining and went to the maitre d' about 1 pm as usual the day I embarked.... and instead of saying, let me see what I can do, he started in on me about how I had booked late.

I had booked over a year earlier, but my TA out of the UK has his own way and my 2nd pax was sick and they kept running scans and tests trying to find out what was wrong with her and she would not commit. My TA said he would be penalized if she was a no show. So I got booked very late, later than the rest of my group.

I thought what a jerk, he has no idea of my situation or how I book to sit here giving me a lecture about how late I booked.

I was solo and the couple behind me in line asked for early and got changed with no back talk.

I shop at lowes alot business and personal ... Last week I bought 15 bags of mulch at 12 bucks per 3 bags ..

This week they are on sale 4 for 10 did I go running in lowes today and demand a refund.. Nope I said we'll dang should of waited a week

Sometime you win sometime you loose

Just saw this yahoo finance and thought of your post.:)

Lowe's will take off an additional 10% after matching local competitors' prices (or prices on their Web sites). Customers have up to 30 days to find a lower price and claim a refund for the difference. And it automatically gives online shoppers the lower of a Lowes.com or local store price with store pickup or delivery.

Bill

Archived