So much for being a VIFP!!!!

juanotero79

I shop at lowes alot business and personal ... Last week I bought 15 bags of mulch at 12 bucks per 3 bags ..

This week they are on sale 4 for 10 did I go running in lowes today and demand a refund.. Nope I said we'll dang should of waited a week

Sometime you win sometime you loose

Sorry but not a good analogy. You didn't get the lower price because you didn't feel it was worth your time. If you had gone in with the receipt they would have refunded the difference with a smile. I do it all the time in lots of places.

I will never understand the mentality that if a price goes down the cruise line owes you something. Prices fluctuate. Clearly at the time you booked you were happy with the prices, why complain now.

I agree with you. When we book a cruise at a certain price, it is because we feel that that price is a good value. After that, whether the price goes up or down doesn't matter as I am happy with the price I got. If I hadn't been happy with the price, I wouldn't have booked. We do NOT book early saver btw.

I would call back and find out the specific reason they want to charge the additional cost ( more than the advertised price if I read correctly) for the upgrade.

I booked my recent cruise last minute - not pack and go though. Prices dropped quite a bit the week after I booked (of course). I am one of those who is happy with the cabin I had and what I paid. HOWEVER, I wouldn't mind a better cabin. I called and asked if we could upgrade to an ocean view (booked inside this trip), and they said sure. No problem at all. In addition, and I have no idea what it was for, when I checked my sign and sail on the ship, we had $40 OBC. No idea why I had this, unless they just graced me with it when I changed cabins.

Again, I suggest you find out the specific reason they won't let you move if it is the same price. We can discuss that reason here. Otherwise, enjoy your cruise.

I agree with an earlier poster if you call Carnival and state your case clearly and not speak to them as if they owe you something they will be more apt to kick it up to the customer support dept. like they did with me a few weeks ago. I booked an APR 2014 cruise in July 2012 and at that point we had no idea when our kids had school vacation week. So as it got closer we realized we chose the wrong week we booked early saver and there was a $50pp charge to change, and when I asked if there was any possibility that it could be waived they put me on hold for about 5 min and when they came back the said Carnival agreed to waive the fee. I would have understood if they had declined but was happy when they agreed, seeing as it was my fault not theirs! One for the good guys!!!:)

Has Carnival officially stopped doing upgrades for past guests after final payment? I know they stopped doing it last year with the price restructure, but brought it back after the Triumph debacle in order to keep their past guests from fleeing.

8564984581_5df595e607_b.jpg

These are the kinds of things you want to know before you call and start making demands.

Oh geez.... you should of booked earlier saver if not you cant Complain about prices today.. earlier saver is the only way you can keep lowering your cruise fare...

Just one question.. If the cruise fare was higher........ Would you let carnival charge you more?

I agree with booking early saver, I always do. But not all prices can be matched with ES.

Sorry, if they upgraded you then they'd have to first start upgrading the people who are way ahead of you first like Fire Fly and Sarge. One thing I learned is to be happy with my cabin and price I paid the day I book a cruise. If I don't book early saver, I don't expect any price drops or any upgrades. If I do book early saver, I am happy with my original price and THRILLED if it drops. I don't expect something just because I'm a past guest as many of your fellow cruisers will have more seniority than you. I hope you get the answer you are looking for but if not, hopefully you will have a great cruise anyway!

I'm the same way, I don't book a cruise unless I'm happy with the current price, knowing I may or may not get a reduction in price.

I shop at lowes alot business and personal ... Last week I bought 15 bags of mulch at 12 bucks per 3 bags ..

This week they are on sale 4 for 10 did I go running in lowes today and demand a refund.. Nope I said we'll dang should of waited a week

Lowes actually will price match this for you if you just bought it last week (anytime in the last 30 days actually) if you take in your reciept.

I did not book Earlier Saver, however, I am not asking for a fare reduction, just a comp upgrade. They use to do it before with no issues. I guess they changed their policies!!

I still haven't seen what the promotional rate was that you seen, but not all rates will be available to you, even with ES. Such as P&G rates.

Say what you want about Royal Caribbean but I find there booking system so much easier. They don't have Early Saver, Past Guest, Family and Friends Saver, Fun Select, Super Saver and Easy Saver. Royal has one basic rate for everyone plus a couple of discounts that might or might not apply to you.

Almost every cruise we booked had a price drop a few weeks before saling but we were not eligible for a price adjustment.

On our upcoming cruise we did recieve several price adjustments and an upgrade until we made our final payment, then the fare was final. Naturally, the day after our final payment there was another price drop. In the long run we buy a cruise that we can afford in a cabin we are happy with. We realize that other may pay less if they book last minute but we do not want to wait for the last minute to plan a vacation.

Say what you want about Royal Caribbean but I find there booking system so much easier. They don't have Early Saver, Past Guest, Family and Friends Saver, Fun Select, Super Saver and Easy Saver. Royal has one basic rate for everyone plus a couple of discounts that might or might not apply to you.

I don't see anything wrong with RCCL, but I don't see CCL booking system as difficult. You don't have to keep watching for price drops if you don't want to. Just book it like you do with RCCL and never go back to look at it again, what's so hard about it ?

on other lines, if your price drops, you can call to have them change your room. get a good TA that will go to bat for you. thats is what they are for, and of course the free bottle of wine since CCL is no longer discountable...

Almost all lines have last minute new bookings only rates and will not match or upgrade for those rates. We are not sure what rate OP is trying to get, Pack NGo? Unless you know exactly the rates being discussed on which line, generaliztions can be dangerous.

Well Said, I never got why cruisers felt so entitled to special treatment just because they are a past guest. I expect NO special discounts at any resorts I go to or airlines or stores. I never told a hotel that I've stayed there 100x and therefore I deserve priority anything or a free upgrade. Just because I fly southwest 10x doesn't make me more important than someone who has only flown 2x. The sense of entitlement......

Most hotels have rewards. I am high point earner at Marriott and Hilton, and do receive free upgrades, free rooms, free food and other things that non-frequent users of these hotels. I also have AA airline benefits as a frequent flier, I get free upgrades to first class, priority check in, on plane first, free checked bags,ect... I get these perks not because I feel entitled to them, I get them because I earned through their program that they offer for past guests. Maybe Carnival should do a little bit better at their program. Sounds like you don't get any perks so you just call people entitled because they get them. Envious?

When I booked my NCL cruise, there was one price. That meant no second-guessing. I wish Carnival would do the same. DH booked our Princess cruise, but I think there was also only one price.

I still don't get it, what second guessing are you talking about ?

Actually they have just as complicated if not worse. I had a TA book me as a past guest rate they had (I could also sign into my loyalty and there is a list of discounted cruises). The rate kept coming up over what they advertised. After calling and being on hold hours they told me to call RCL and get the code.

Finally cancelled and called C&A to book it. I asked to book it at a July promo rate with$100 OBC and with the loyalty rate. Would you believe instead the rep put on a balcony code with the inside cabin and 3 months later C&A called me accusing me of having a discount I wasnt allowed (as if I had done it). They finally ate their accusations when they realized it was their dept who booked it.. but then couldnt find the July promo code 3 months later, had to get it from some TAs on CC).

Anyone who thinks their codes and what codes go with what is simpler .. oh yea .. they have no fare that you get price reductions after final payment. Well that is simple. The answer is always no. You can upgrade however.

Almost all lines have last minute new bookings only rates and will not match or upgrade for those rates. We are not sure what rate OP is trying to get, Pack NGo? Unless you know exactly the rates being discussed on which line, generaliztions can be dangerous.

The point being, find a qualified travel agent that understands your line, (not all agents specialize in each line) an agent's job is to go to bat for you. Each agent has an area team rep and can help make things happen if they can not. Bottom line? Find an agent that sees your account as an investment for a lifetime and be loyal to that agent. The mutual understanding between client and agent are priceless, and the relationships that the agent has built over time can really benefit you. Right now Carnival is rewarding agents who are loyal to them, and trying to retain clients who were once loyal to the brand. Some agencies and host agencies are leaving Carnival right now. CCL is trying to stop that.

I called two days ago to Carnival because I have two reservations for June 30, 2013 on the Carnival Breeze and for July 6, 2013 on the Carnival Liberty . Almost a back to back!!!

I paid $1957.00 for a balcony stateroom on the Carnival Breeze and now the price of the same category of room is $1827.00 so we paid $130 more than what new people are paying for the same room. I asked to see if we could do an upgrade to a Spa Room (at the moment, less than 50 days from the cruise, there are more than 15 of those rooms available!!!) The prices in the Spa rooms is only $70.00 more than what I paid for a regular balcony and the customer service lady told me I can't upgrade to a Spa Room. She said I can only upgrade if I pay $150.00 which I found ridiculous if the price right now is only $70.00 more. I offered to pay the $70.00 difference, yet she did not allow it.

Also the rooms in the Carnival Liberty in the same balcony category we have are $2317 and we paid $2597.00 a difference of $280.00. So I also called and asked for an upgrade from a balcony (Cat 8D) to an aft extended balcony that is now $100.00 less than what I paid for mine and they did not want to do the upgrade.

So much for appreciating a past guest. This will be my tenth cruise and my first Platinum cruise!!!!!!!! What a way to feel appreciated!!!!!!

In total, we I paid $410.00 more than if I would have done the two reservations today!!! :mad:

I have been a loyal customer for Carnival since 1997! These two cruises will be my 9th and 10th cruises with CCL. I also have been buying future cruise vouchers for more than three years now! Last year I purchased two that I used for my reservations this year!!!

I think with all of the money extra I paid in both cruises compared to Carnival's current prices, a $70.00 upgrade in the Breeze should not even be charged!!

I understand that the two cruises are separate, but it is still a Carnival Cruises back to back!

If this is not something that can be done I rather go with a different cruise line the next time I cruise since there is any loyalty appreciation in this company at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Please vote on the poll asking if you are dissatisfied enough to switch lines. I intend on sending it to corporate.

That's Early Saver. :)

I agree that it sometimes feels as if Carnival doesn't really care about repeat business. I can only vote with my feet, which I'm doing.

Please vote on the poll asking if you are dissatisfied enough to switch lines. I intend on sending it to corporate

Hey Vols , Lowes has a seven day price match ,, if you bought something within seven days from something being on sale , bring in the receipt and they will refund the difference .

We are sailing on the Breeze June 2 and I didn't book ES but I was able to get price reductions until I paid the balance of the cruise...I received 3 different reductions totaling almost $700, since then the price has come down another $170 which I can't take advantage of, Big Deal!!! When I originally booked the cruise I thought we got a good deal when comparing it to other cruise lines with similar itineraries and dates of sailing!

I also upgraded us from a a regular balcony to a Spa balcony on Deck 11 for a total of $20 with no issue...did this about 4 wks ago!

I called Carnival each time (total of 4 times) and had no issues and in fact I had 4 separate very pleasant experiences with the Customer Service Reps!

Please vote on the poll asking if you are dissatisfied enough to switch lines. I intend on sending it to corporate

That'll teach em.

They will never take such a biased poll seriously.

Archived