Norwegian BREAKAPART!! (from on board the 5/19 sailing)

joeski27

So sorry to hear about your ankle Joe...I know how much you had been looking forward to this cruise. Hopefully the damage and pain are limited and you will feel better in a few days.

I hear you about the name of the ship...as much as I believe it will be great fun to sail on her...the name never really seemed to be a good one to me.:rolleyes:

Take care of yourself, Joe. I hope your ankle heals completely and quickly, and you can book another cruise soon.

Last week on our Bermuda cruise, I saw what appeared to have been shattered windows, taped up along The Waterfront. :(

I hope this isn't becoming a trend on The Beautiful Breakaway. Her name is turning out to be an unfortunate choice. :confused:

I am trying to upload my photo of the taped up windows, but it's not happening :(

What the heck??!! This is some update! I think those few M6 cabins are overly exposed. Add to that they are all the way forward....who knows could be a poor design.

I have to say I was never crazy about the name. It certainly is weird that with this incident and the last couple of posts, she seems to be living up to its name SO early on. <sigh>:(

Sorry about your ankle.

Sorry to hear about your ankle, keep ice on it and keep it elevated. What a shame that you had a bad weeks. We do appreciate your update. It is crazy to hear of all the damage in the last two weeks. What will happen when hurricane season is in full swing? I live on Long Island and it is very windy and cold. Safe trip back.

Well for my 9pm update, I can report that the NCL Breakapart continues to...break apart. Still getting pounded by very strong winds and big surf (whole ship feels like a washing machine, especially our forward end). Before it got dark on deck 8 we could see the splash of the surf after the big wave crashes going as high as our railing.

And the balcony partitions continue to take the worst of it. Just had yet another one ripped off and came crashing down about 20 min ago. The dangerous part about that is that it actually exposed an area of balcony without railings (it was divider between 8714 and 8712). So no railing was lost, per say, but if you look at the deck plan it will make sense. Now in total I believe we have about 7 total "joined" balconies on our strip of deck 8. Gotta say, it's rather unsettling hearing pieces of the ship crashing down intermittently, along with the occasional nut or bolt which kind of clues you that another crash is coming.

Anyways it's going to be really interesting if/how they're going to get this ship ready for guests tomorrow. And again I haven't been able to get out to see what other damage has been done, but based on this I'd be shocked if there wasn't any more. Either way, to the M6ers, plan on no furniture, minimal dividers, and a lot less privacy than you might have planned on :rolleyes:

That's all for now. They're giving her all she's got, she cannot take much more of this!! Kirk out.

-joe

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

What the heck??!! This is some update! .

Yeah baby, gambee might have the dibs on the super review and photos, but I've got the juicy scoop on the front lines of the battle! I'm like Anderson Cooper, or one of those goof balls from the Weather Channel, lol.

Yeah baby, gambee might have the dibs on the super review and photos, but I've got the juicy scoop on the front lines of the battle! I'm like Anderson Cooper, or one of those goof balls from the Weather Channel, lol.

Ha Ha

Just be safe out there, especially with that ankle.

LOL!:D Juicy it is!

Joe, sorry about you ankle and everything else you've endured this cruise. We're booked to sail on Sept. 1st in one of the M6 cabins. The port side.

I was a little concerned about being so far forward, but made the call for the larger balconies. I've only sailed to Bermuda one time (On a Celebrity ship)

and had the same type of weather. 60 to 70 mph winds. Felt like we were hitting a wall every time we encountered a large wave. Over 10,000 dishes broken on our ship and it was out of commission for 3 weeks before sailing again. I sure hope everything subsides and you and everyone else are safe.

thanks for sharing .

Okay one more update before bed (though let's face it, this ship is shaking and rocking and rolling on a whole other level, so I really doubt we'll be sleeping at all tonight). Anyways some members of the senior hotel management crew stopped by to tape signs to the inside of our balcony doors: "NO EXIT AND DO NOT OPEN BALCONY DOOR". I guess it was a long time coming but it's now official, the deck 8 forward balconies are now closed. Not sure about other areas, but once again good luck to those who booked balconies on this (and other) parts of the ship for tomorrow's sailing.

Okay one more update before bed (though let's face it, this ship is shaking and rocking and rolling on a whole other level, so I really doubt we'll be sleeping at all tonight). Anyways some members of the senior hotel management crew stopped by to tape signs to the inside of our balcony doors: "NO EXIT AND DO NOT OPEN BALCONY DOOR". I guess it was a long time coming but it's now official, the deck 8 forward balconies are now closed. Not sure about other areas, but once again good luck to those who booked balconies on this (and other) parts of the ship for tomorrow's sailing.

Have you asked about compensation for this???

I am in one of those M 6 rooms tomorrow .This does not sound good..

If they have to bump you, I certainly hope they bump you upwards. They should offer you something, that's for sure.

Sorry, not a great way to be starting your vacation.

Have you asked about compensation for this???

Why would you ask for compensation for rough weather requiring you to stay off your balcony? I've encountered this several times on cruises where rough weather has prevented us from using our balcony for safety reasons, or even to go out on deck at all. It's for your safety, and no compensation should be required for this common sense move. ;)

Joe, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. That's not a nice way to start a cruise. :(

Its a piece of crap! I don't understand how they can build a ship that is having problems in some wind and it's not even a hurricane or a nor'easter. I don't blame Norwegian but I mean c'mon this isn't the first ship Meyer Werft has built.

Archived