Xpedition Galapagos problem

drfun48

I just read a random travel policy....travelguard Gold...and the cancellation of the cruise by the cruise line is NOT covered by trip interruption. You have to read the fine print.

Remember, your logic doesn't count in insurance....the only thing that matters is what's written in the fine print of the policy.

Celebrity really should be covering the days in a hotel for those who are in Quito! Or send them to Peru like the option for those whose ship was delayed.

It would suck to spend $400 pp in airfare to get to Florida and then have a cruise cancelled, but $1200 pp to get to Ecuador? OMG!

I just got of the phone with Celebrity, and we are supposed to leave home on July 4 returning on the 18. They really do not know what the stupid park is up to. I say the blame is with the park, and Celebrity is trying to do everything possible. With reference to the offer I was told that was for people who had not left home, and they would refund all monies and air change fees. The big problem I see is with the air. We have business class tickets that were purchased last August and changes are only good for up to one year. So I can see that people who bought tickets early are in a bind. We have decided to just make alternative plans as we have our tickets. And a post package to the Mashpi Lodge which was very expensive. There are lots of other places to go in South America. Hopefully this will be resolved..it is terrible.

I can't understand why it is that Celebrity led people to believe that it had been taken care of when obviously it had not been. That would upset me a lot.

The rules/requirements are constantly changed to get the most out of the victim. (in this case Celebrity) :cool:

Ask the mom sitting in jail in Mexico "accused" of smuggling drugs. (as opposed to lobsters :rolleyes:)

It's pretty obvious the Ecuadorian government wants a bigger cut from Celebrity's business, and they'll use whatever ridiculous new "regulations" to get it. ;)

The rules/requirements are constantly changed to get the most out of the victim. (in this case Celebrity) :cool:

Ask the mom sitting in jail in Mexico "accused" of smuggling drugs. (as opposed to lobsters :rolleyes:)

She got released :)

I am scheduled to sail June 9th ans just got this from my travel agent in response to me asking if my trip is canceled.

Thank you for contacting me regarding your cruise. Yes, I know it does seem that way but I was informed at this time, your sailing is still set to sail on June 9, 2013 but I will check back on Tuesday, June 3, 2013 with the Celebrity Expedition department and get the latest update. They have informed me Tuesday is the latest they would release information regarding the sailing. I am staying on top of this for you and If I hear anything before or on Tuesday, I will let you know and keep you posted on the latest information.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing but I will assist you till we find out whats going on completely. Thank you for your patience and do not hesitate to contact me with anything regarding your cruise!

Best Regards,

I am scheduled to sail June 9th ans just got this from my travel agent in response to me asking if my trip is canceled.

Thank you for contacting me regarding your cruise. Yes, I know it does seem that way but I was informed at this time, your sailing is still set to sail on June 9, 2013 but I will check back on Tuesday, June 3, 2013 with the Celebrity Expedition department and get the latest update. They have informed me Tuesday is the latest they would release information regarding the sailing. I am staying on top of this for you and If I hear anything before or on Tuesday, I will let you know and keep you posted on the latest information.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may be causing but I will assist you till we find out whats going on completely. Thank you for your patience and do not hesitate to contact me with anything regarding your cruise!

Best Regards,

I suppose no news will be good news then. Good luck.:D

I think the fact that X will compensate anyone for out of pocket expenses such ads flights, etc if they had already left for the cruise, is at least a very good way to placate the dissappointed.:D

When we first heard of this mess, there was to be a fine and a 45-day embargo on Xpedition. After what was no doubt heavy negotiating, the May 26th cruise was able to go, 24+ hours late. I suspect heavy negotiating is going on again, for sailings of June 9th and beyond.

I just say, what a nightmare for Celebrity. You know the saying, some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed?

It's also rather catastrophic for the cruisers involved or wondering if they will be involved soon.

But you are oh so right, digital. Not good news.

--May

When we first heard of this mess, there was to be a fine and a 45-day embargo on Xpedition. After what was no doubt heavy negotiating, the May 26th cruise was able to go, 24+ hours late. I suspect heavy negotiating is going on again, for sailings of June 9th and beyond.

I just say, what a nightmare for Celebrity. You know the saying, some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed?

It's also rather catastrophic for the cruisers involved or wondering if they will be involved soon.

But you are oh so right, digital. Not good news.

--May

I think that X is doing the best they can under the circumstances. The compensation seems pretty good (to me). People will still be dissappointed as they would have been looking forward to this trip and probably would have just rather have done it with out the need for compensation.:D

Archived