ms Volendam luggage tags?

We are leaving on a cruise this Saturday on the Zuiderdam, but in today's mail I received four plastic luggage tags for the Voldendam from HAL. I'm a bit confused since we have our paper luggage tags and I didn't request any plastic luggage tags. Does anybody have a clue as to why HAL would send us these? Just curious.

Thanks

Definitely didn't order them. I guess it was just a mistake by HAL, especially given that we are sailing on the Zuiderdam and the tags are for Volendam. Maybe someone isn't going to receive their Volendam tags. :eek:

That's certainly strange. Do the Volendam tags have your cabin numbers printed on them?

Maybe, you're supposed to take that as a hint for your next cruise.:D

I've never used paper luggage tags like the ones I just downloaded from HAL (other cruise lines have always sent me the type of tags that are like the tape they use at the airport). The instructions seem pretty simple, though it looks like I'll have to wait until I get my luggage from the airplane so they don't get torn off during the handling by the airlines (and pack a stapler). One quick question, do I need to print the luggage tag in color, or is a black and white printer sufficient? Other cruise lines seem to use color coding for sorting the location of the cabin.

(and pack a stapler).
If you punch holes where they tell you to staple you can use a "zip tie" to put them on.
... do I need to print the luggage tag in color, or is a black and white printer sufficient?
All HAL tags are the same color, so I would presume b&w would suffice.

All the tags for a particular ship has the same color (nothing related to location) but I do believe each ship has a different colored tag.

Our tags for Oosterdam were purple, while our Noordam tags are green.
All tags for each ship are the same color, as shown in post #8. The poster was asking if different colors were used to route baggage to the cabins.

If you punch holes where they tell you to staple you can use a "zip tie" to put them on.

Each ship has different colour tags (but no matter where your stateroom is they are the same colour for that ship) but you can print them in black and white. I usually print them and for a couple of bucks get them laminated on one sheet of paper (after I have folded them and I can usually get four on a page) at business center and then punch a hole in them. They make it through the flight and on the ship and I still have them for my scrapbook when I get home. :)

Debbie

I've never used paper luggage tags like the ones I just downloaded from HAL (other cruise lines have always sent me the type of tags that are like the tape they use at the airport). The instructions seem pretty simple, though it looks like I'll have to wait until I get my luggage from the airplane so they don't get torn off during the handling by the airlines (and pack a stapler). One quick question, do I need to print the luggage tag in color, or is a black and white printer sufficient? Other cruise lines seem to use color coding for sorting the location of the cabin.

Black and white is fine. I use them all the time.

Archived