Cruise Docs Say No Alcohol.. thought we could bring wine?

The title say it all. I just looked at our cruise docs and on page 23, the alcohol policy says....... none can be brought on board. I thought each person 21+ in cabin could bring a bottle of wine?

The title say it all. I just looked at our cruise docs and on page 23, the alcohol policy says....... none can be brought on board. I thought each person 21+ in cabin could bring a bottle of wine?

Royal Carribean changed their policy and now allows two bottles of wine per cabin. Put it in your carry on bag and they will put it though the xray machine etc and you can carry it right to your cabin. If you put it in your checked luggage they will call you down to the luggage storage and have you open it and they will check to make sure that it is not hard liquor of some sort. That is not allowed.

2 bottles total of wine only per stateroom at 750ml max at original embarkation only. You will also be subject to a corkage fee of $25 per bottle if the bottle is brought to be consumed in the dining room or other public venues where alcohol is served. But no problem carrying glasses of wine around the ship or consuming it in your stateroom. Your stateroom attendant will provide ice and glasses upon request.

Thanks! It's confusing.. shouldn't they change the documents to match so that people like me don't get confused?

Or maybe they are trying to make it so people that don't research it or already know they now allow it don't bring any.... so that they have to purchase more. Hmmmm.... :confused:;)

Thanks! It's confusing.. shouldn't they change the documents to match so that people like me don't get confused?

Or maybe they are trying to make it so people that don't research it or already know they now allow it don't bring any.... so that they have to purchase more. Hmmmm.... :confused:;)

I don't think so. I think it is more the result of the policy being relatively new and alcohol - other than wine - is still not permitted. The wine policy is described on the RCI website and I guess the boarding docs just haven't yet caught up stating the exception. But you now know the policy regarding wine and other alcohol so you are among the correctly informed and can bring wine on board to enjoy. :)

I'm travelling solo so does that mean I can bring on 2 bottles? Is it per cabin or 1 per person to a max of 2 btls for the cabin?

Two bottles per stateroom, regardless of how many guests in the stateroom.

Archived