Pool Reservations - Gold

We are in the mist of planning another fantastic cruise on RCI. Have cruised on both th Brilliance and the Adventerer we are asking if the AOS still has reserved seating by the pool for gold members. Thanks all, happy cruising'

..;)

Gold is the lowest level of C&A membership - I don't think they've ever had reserved seating. Unless it was for being in a suite, but not due to gold membership.

Thanks for the info, I (sort of) recall having to show a Gold Card; that's why I asked about the card. We usually like to reserve a suite, my sweetheart deserves the best;) Thanks again

Thanks for the info, I (sort of) recall having to show a Gold Card; that's why I asked about the card. We usually like to reserve a suite, my sweetheart deserves the best;) Thanks again

The last time we were on Adventure, the gold card area was in the terraced section either side of the pool bar.

Gold card is for GS and above and it has a separate sun deck by the pool. Since I prefer to be in the shade I can never use that area :(

All ships have reserved seating around the pool. Simply get up very early say 6 AM and go out to the pool area with your towel and a paperback book. Put them on your choice of lounger(s) and go back to bed, have breakfast later and finally manage to wander to the pool area and your reserved lounger say about 11 am. It will be there waiting for you! :rolleyes:

The reserved area is worthless to me as I have to stay in the shade or lather up every hour with sunblock. I have the curse of light complexion and only burn. I have seldom had a problem with finding somewhere in the shade to relax.

Gold is the lowest level of C&A membership - I don't think they've ever had reserved seating. Unless it was for being in a suite, but not due to gold membership.

In a Suite or Pinnacle you get a card that is actual gold in colour. The Deck staff will come along and ask you for your card to make sure you are where you are supposed to be. It is the terraced decks by the Pool Bar and always in the direct sun so I tend to stay in the shade.

We are in the mist of planning another fantastic cruise on RCI. Have cruised on both th Brilliance and the Adventerer we are asking if the AOS still has reserved seating by the pool for gold members. Thanks all, happy cruising'

..;)

seriously?

After reading the posts, it asppears the OP was booked in a suite and was referring to the gold colored sea pass he received.

RCCL uses confusing seemingly conflicting terminology.

They use Gold to identify the lowest level of the RCCL Crown and Anchor membership, but then use a Gold card to identify those who book the most expensive accommodations. Slightly different meaning, but I’m sure confusing to anyone who does not sail RCCL frequently

OP - enjoy

M

All ships have reserved seating around the pool. Simply get up very early say 6 AM and go out to the pool area with your towel and a paperback book. Put them on your choice of lounger(s) and go back to bed, have breakfast later and finally manage to wander to the pool area and your reserved lounger say about 11 am. It will be there waiting for you! :rolleyes:

And the reservations fill up fast for this, so you have to hurry. I have seen people making their reservations when I go out on deck in the morning to get some sunrise pictures! :rolleyes:

After reading the posts, it asppears the OP was booked in a suite and was referring to the gold colored sea pass he received.

They use Gold to identify the lowest level of the RCCL Crown and Anchor membership, but then use a Gold card to identify those who book the most expensive accommodations. Slightly different meaning, but I’m sure confusing to anyone who does not sail RCCL frequently

OP - enjoy

M

This post reminded me of an amusing incident on our most recent Explorer cruise. One of the pool attendants told a guest who was sitting in the "reserved" area that it was only for guests with a "gold" sea pass card. The passenger immediately whipped out his sea pass card that said "GOLD" at the bottom. The ensuing argument was quite entertaining, as neither of them understood what the other one was referring to. Eventually, another passenger explained that the "gold card" referred to the color of the card for suite guests and was different than the "gold C&A status" printed on the bottom of the sea pass card.

This post reminded me of an amusing incident on our most recent Explorer cruise. One of the pool attendants told a guest who was sitting in the "reserved" area that it was only for guests with a "gold" sea pass card. The passenger immediately whipped out his sea pass card that said "GOLD" at the bottom. The ensuing argument was quite entertaining, as neither of them understood what the other one was referring to. Eventually, another passenger explained that the "gold card" referred to the color of the card for suite guests and was different than the "gold C&A status" printed on the bottom of the sea pass card.

As this question seems to come up every so often and the same replies regarding the confusing Gold card and Gold status, perhaps RCI should reconsider how they refer to this reserved area? Why not just have a big sign that says "Suite guests only" and not refer to this "gold card" at all? Seems like such a simple fix and would end a lot of confusion.

Since I've never been fortunate to stay in a suite, I've never even looked at this area. Is it locked and needs this gold suite card to gain entry? Or do you just walk in and sit down, and then some attendant comes around and checks if you have the precious card?

The area is generally roped off. You just unhook the rope and choose a lounger. Yes, staff comes around every so often to check cards. Posting "Suites Only" sign doesn't work as Pinnacle members also get gold cards and have nearly all, if not all, the suite perks.

In your 200 posts, you've never asked a "strange" question?

strange maybe but how elitist can one get expecting reserved seating at the pool. since evidently there is but most seem to not use please don't come down where the little people are you have your special spot use it.

..;)

I'm sure you just confused everyone. You meant to say gold card (which indicates you are in a suite, as you mentioned and will get you the reserved area. Gold member - nah, that doesn't get you reserved anything.

strange maybe but how elitist can one get expecting reserved seating at the pool. since evidently there is but most seem to not use please don't come down where the little people are you have your special spot use it.

Talk about class warfare

don't flame me! we are so very, very fortunate to be able to cruise in suites. We do get a gold colored sail card and believe me, we book the suite for the comfort, not the bit of a perk. Yes, the gold card holders do have a reserved space on all the ships for the pool area, it is above the pool area in the sun and from our observations is almost always completely empty. We much prefer the solarium on most of the ships.

Why book the suite? The room is so very comfortable, the bed is wonderful and we can get a very restful sleep and the balcony is so nice and large. There will not be an apology from us in our mature ages wanting to cruise in comfort after we have sailed in the smallest interior cabin you can imagine when we began to sail.

Just wanted to reply to this thread and from a suite cruiser, the restricted pool area should just be changed to something that all persons on the cruise could enjoy.

happy cruising everyone

As this question seems to come up every so often and the same replies regarding the confusing Gold card and Gold status, perhaps RCI should reconsider how they refer to this reserved area? Why not just have a big sign that says "Suite guests only" and not refer to this "gold card" at all? Seems like such a simple fix and would end a lot of confusion.

Gold cards are also given to Pinnacle guests, regardless of their cabin category.

OP - enjoy

M

Personally, I think that the cards should be Royal Purple! ;)

Archived