Windy

b4cruze

I was checking the weather forecast for our upcoming cruise and notice high winds. Is it always "windy" in Aruba? Do they ever skip port because of winds? the wind forecast is about 25mph.

Thanks!

I've never actually 'cruised' to Aruba, but I've been there twice and it's VERY windy! LOL!! I remember being told about the 'trade winds' and thought that's nice .... uh, it's quite windy there most of the time, but I'm not sure enough to stop a cruise ship. Could be wrong, but that's my experience ... it's a lovely place tho! :)

You will be happy for the relief from the heat that the tradewinds bring. :)

There will be no issues with the ship since you are mooring and not tendering.

June is the windiest month of the year.

Average wind speed 20 mph

Average maximum wind speed 37 mph

LOL, hold on to your hat, and everything else!!!

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba

Jun 04, 2013 - 12:00 PM EDT

Wind: from the E at 26 MPH gusting to 38 MPH

Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s):0

Sky conditions: mostly clear

Temperature: 91 F

Heat index: 103.5 F

Great day to float around the ocean with a cool tropical drink!

jpeg.jpg.77bf62b688e4aadfd929fc95ddbd6bd9.jpg

Humidity averages 78%. It is higher at night than during the day. Once the sun is up it will dry the atmosphere, but it will still be up there in the 60's. Again, the wind will keep it comfortable.

• 1 month later...
Humidity averages 78%. It is higher at night than during the day. Once the sun is up it will dry the atmosphere, but it will still be up there in the 60's. Again, the wind will keep it comfortable.

Can you make a comparison to Southeastern US summers, temperature wise? I noticed you live in North Georgia, your summer temps are likely a tad bit cooler than the Charlotte area but I am wondering how the heat combined with the tradewinds compares to the sweltering humidity of Charlotte or Atlanta in late July/early August?

I compare it more to Florida but add tradewinds.

The humidity goes up at night, but like I said the air dries up as the day goes along.

Today's weather...

Queen Beatrix Airport, Aruba (TNCA)

Jul 28, 2013 - 12:00 PM EDT / 2013.07.28

Wind: from the E at 18 MPH

Visibility: greater than 7 mile(s)

Sky conditions: mostly clear

Temperature: 91 F

Heat index: 99.1 F

Relative Humidity: 55%

"Feels like" 99 F. yes, but sit on the beach or poolside under the shade of a palapa or umbrella and it will feel cooler out of the sun.

It is uncommon, but when there is a tropical low in the Caribbean, they can "suck" the wind away from Aruba.

In our 20+ visits to the island, we have been on the island once when ONE day there was ZERO wind. THAT is the day where you wanted to either stay in the air conditioning or in the water with a frozen fruity something. ;)

Can you make a comparison to Southeastern US summers, temperature wise? I noticed you live in North Georgia, your summer temps are likely a tad bit cooler than the Charlotte area but I am wondering how the heat combined with the tradewinds compares to the sweltering humidity of Charlotte or Atlanta in late July/early August?

No .... nothing like the humidity we have in Columbia, SC in the summer! :eek:

LuLu

~~~~

Archived