Live from Alaska Celebrity Solstice 6/7/13 cruise...hopefully

H2OH!

As we walked round we ran into Three Girls Bakery. Yelpers and Cruise critic folks have really talked up the Apple Fritters so we had to get. They were very good. I usually like gooey doughnuts and this one had a crunchier edge. The edge of the fritter was my favorite part…very yummy.

IMG_0492_zpsaecef5d7.jpg

We spent time walking along the waterfront. We passed the Marriott waterfront hotel and then headed to the Edgewater hotel where we stopped for a drink on the outside veranda which is attached to the restaurant. Great views!! My camera is a point and shoot so does not do it justice!!

Our cocktails...microbrew and an apple-tini:

IMG_0526_zps77544f7f.jpg

I mentioned earlier that the hotel was growing on me. Now that we have had a chance to walk around and see the area, it is in an ok spot. Several restaurants and grocer a few blocks from hotel. Next time I might stay closer to the market or waterfront but would consider returning to this hotel as you get quite a bit of room albeit dated but is nice to have a fridge etc.

lobby sitting area:

IMG_0543_zps34f7064a.jpg

Tonight we wanted to eat at a sports bar so we could watch the Chicago Blackhawks game (yeah, Hawks won!!). Front desk staff told us to go to “the Edge” on 6th street. Unfortunately when we arrived it was closed, permanently as of today! Luckily, we had passed the Tap Room which was another sports bar. It worked out perfectly. Good food an hundreds of microbeers to choose from. :D

We finally got in tonight, staying at airport Radisson. They have booked our shuttle and are saying ship is at pier 66 been hearing pier 91 for months. Called Celebrity, caution do not call these guys on the phone, they could not even tell me what pier the ship is at..nutz Anyone clear as t the correct pier. We will be staying in Seattle for 3 days after the cruise so this is a great thread for us on Seattle, we are also going to VanCouver for 3 days (amtrak train from Seattle). I anyone knows where the ship is chime in LOL :eek:

We finally got in tonight, staying at airport Radisson. They have booked our shuttle and are saying ship is at pier 66 been hearing pier 91 for months. Called Celebrity, caution do not call these guys on the phone, they could not even tell me what pier the ship is at..nutz Anyone clear as t the correct pier. We will be staying in Seattle for 3 days after the cruise so this is a great thread for us on Seattle, we are also going to VanCouver for 3 days (amtrak train from Seattle). I anyone knows where the ship is chime in LOL :eek:

glad you arrived safely!! I cannot believe they have no clue what pier!! I was planning Pier 91. hmmm...

This link says Solstice is at pier 91...

http://www.portseattle.org/cruise/Pages/default.aspx

I did a search on these boards and they told me how to do it. I am using photobucket and using a larger setting so pictures post larger than usual. I did the search on celebrity boards.

Thanks.

Your pictures are great for a point and shoot camera.

Can I ask what kind of camera you use? Better than mine, that's for sure!

I have the Canon SX50 HS. It has a 50 times zoom. It is easy to use and takes ok pictures. I love the photo quality of an SLR but get tired of lugging around. I want to purchase the Sony NEX 7 someday soon:D

Loving all of the great photos! We're bringing both our point & shoot and DSLR. It's a pain in the butt to take it out and about but we are hoping to get some really great shots with it :)

Archived