Kid Rock cruise on the Pearl

ericrz

I laughed at the "boiling their eyeballs" comment -- but it was true that some of the crew still seemed a little shell-shocked. One bartender that my husband got to know a little (buckets of beer -- what can I say) did mention that some crew members switched to other ships during that week. Now I can't be certain if it was only for the week or not, but, although no details were given, it sounds as if they knew the type of week they were in for and crew were given a heads up and some flexibility to request a temporary transfer.

• 2 weeks later...

Kid Rock was on Howard Stern last week and Howard asked him about this cruise. Rock stated tickets for the cruise never go on sale. The cruise is instantly sold out in pre-sale fan sites.

Can you imagine how much NCL made on alcohol sales during the cruise? Plus having a 120% capacity full cruise. Now you know why NCL will jump at the chancr for a charter. Even if you wanted to go on the Kid Rock cruise, it would be difficult to get tickets and you would pay a high price.

So true...plus by owning SixthMan, NCL cuts out the middle man (the promoter) and makes even more $$$$$...Kid Rock, despite what some on these boards may think, is a very astute businessman when it comes to his cruise and his fanbase..A few years ago he chartered the Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans (3300+ guests) and it sold out thru social networking and his fan site, so it never went on sale to the general public. When SixthMan went with NCL with the Pearl, it is a much smaller capacity (2200+) which means he can charge more and then he added a precruise option to spend the night before onboard (3 mile limit), so he's making huge $$$$$

The cruiselines are banking on the fact that folks who will pay a huge mark up (recession proof) for these types of music theme cruises, will be enticed to take a regular cruise and stay in a high end cabin. The jury is still out

After reading through this entire thread I am now fully aware of why so many non-cruisers think cruising is strictly for up-tight geezers!

Never mind the fact that these are full charters and the general cruising public are not subjected to this type of behavior on any other cruise. So why are so many here begrudging the Kid Rock fans for indulging in way they probably are not able to at home!? And I'm pretty sure some of the snobs would be shock at the true demographics of the Kid Rock fan base.

Archived