Nachi Coccum

hazeleyes35

There might have been a kick back from the cab driver to the waiter involved in the transaction. :confused:

Maybe, but not sure. It was the same price ($16) going back to the International Pier.

Oh yeah, asked about Wi-Fi, $5 per device for the day. Thought about it - but decided not to since I heard terrible reviews. (Very VERY spotty).

Maybe, but not sure. It was the same price ($16) going back to the International Pier.

Not letting you share a cab is the clue - instead of calling the central dispatch the driver probably gave the waiter a couple of bucks to call him direct. We have run into this on other islands and often in Las Vegas.

Not letting you share a cab is the clue - instead of calling the central dispatch the driver probably gave the waiter a couple of bucks to call him direct. We have run into this on other islands and often in Las Vegas.

That's a good point. Like I mentioned, I know now for next time to see if anyone is going back to the same pier *before* asking the waiter to get us a cab :)

Edited by Nabalab

We were at Nachi back in May as well and the beach and water was just gorgeous. This is one of the best AI resorts we have been too.

We were very appreciative of the amount of shade provided by the palapas as a friend with us is very fair skinned and would have fried in a heartbeat and not been able to enjoy the beach. Those of us who wanted more sun just pulled our chairs out and put them in front so we could continue to chat and get some color.

The hot tub was great fun with the swim-up bar - it started to sprinkle while we were in it - didn't hinder our fun at all - we were already wet! :)

The food while 'not all you can eat' - is more than plentiful and very good. Definitely order in stages and enjoy it throughout your visit.

I definitely recommend this place and look forward to going again the next time we go to Cozumel.

We were at Nachi back in May as well and the beach and water was just gorgeous. This is one of the best AI resorts we have been too.

We were very appreciative of the amount of shade provided by the palapas as a friend with us is very fair skinned and would have fried in a heartbeat and not been able to enjoy the beach. Those of us who wanted more sun just pulled our chairs out and put them in front so we could continue to chat and get some color.

The hot tub was great fun with the swim-up bar - it started to sprinkle while we were in it - didn't hinder our fun at all - we were already wet! :)

The food while 'not all you can eat' - is more than plentiful and very good. Definitely order in stages and enjoy it throughout your visit.

I definitely recommend this place and look forward to going again the next time we go to Cozumel.

Was there in may also. In hot tub it did start to sprinkle. We were having a great time with other guest we didn't seem to be bothered by the rain. Maybe it was you??? We loved Nachi!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately, on our Vision OTS cruise last week, the weather was atrocious when we should have docked in Cozumel. It was not safe to stop there. Ferocious winds, a strong current plus driving rain. We emailed the company to inform them and they quickly replied in a very pleasant fashion. They will be refunding our deposit shortly. Very efficient service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do they supply towels?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bring your own towels...otherwise, Nachi will supply them for a fee. I think it might be $5? Whatever the cost, it's not worth it if you can simply bring some from your ship.

Note to picky eaters: there were chopped onions in the hamburger meat. Mozzarella sticks were great - they did not taste frozen. Not sure what the sauce was - it is on the side.

Were there any low fat/low carb options? Fresh veggies?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by sr5242

Hi!!! Really enjoying this thread, and have booked myself, DH, DM, DMIL, and DFIL for a wonderful beach day. But my question is: Have any of you taken the Palancar Snorkel Excursion offered at NC? My DH and I were thinking of leaving the parents at under a palapa when the resort opens and taking the 9am snorkel, then spending the rest of the day relaxing with them. I'd really love to hear from someone who has actually taken the snorkel trip.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi!!! Really enjoying this thread, and have booked myself, DH, DM, DMIL, and DFIL for a wonderful beach day. But my question is: Have any of you taken the Palancar Snorkel Excursion offered at NC? My DH and I were thinking of leaving the parents at under a palapa when the resort opens and taking the 9am snorkel, then spending the rest of the day relaxing with them. I'd really love to hear from someone who has actually taken the snorkel trip.

Thanks

Lisa

We did a few years ago. They take you out to the reef and it was a great spot. You will be gone awhile, at least 90 mins, and our last trip we passed on the snorkel trip. I snorkeled off the beach and saw a few fish, but not much off the beach really.

Great beach day with awesome service.

Tom

We did a few years ago. They take you out to the reef and it was a great spot. You will be gone awhile, at least 90 mins, and our last trip we passed on the snorkel trip. I snorkeled off the beach and saw a few fish, but not much off the beach really.

Great beach day with awesome service.

Tom

Can you comment on the boat ladder? Due to my bad knees most boat ladders won't work for me. I need one that extends into the water quite a ways, has wide steps and sturdy hand rails all the way up. We love to snorkel, but I'm afraid that the ladder will keep me shoreside!

Book ASAP before they fill up - no walk ups.

They definitely allow walk ups if they are not full. But if they have filled up, then they don't accept anyone else. (I would still want to reserve if I was set on this though, hate to risk not being able to get in. But a reservation is only encouraged, not required.)

We were just at Nachi on Nov 20th and it was great, as usual! Two of our group of 10 did the snorkeling and loved it. This was the only sunny day of our cruise so we were ready for some fun! I will check about the boat ladder

with our friends. We have never had a bad time or a bad meal at Nachi in four visits.