Recent Infinity cruisers

Crusin-Suzan

Has the Infinity upgraded the TV's to flat screen? Thanks

Hi Sue,

Hope all is well. Haven't see you since we Segway'd through Barcelona. Found this which should answer your question

"As on the Constellation, the Infinity's cabins will be completely remodeled with new carpeting, bedding and flat screen TVs, and the ship also will receive a new Italian restaurant called Tuscan Grille, a coffee bar called Cafe al Bacio, a creperie called Bistro on Five, a wine bar called Cellar Masters and an ice-covered Martini bar -- all venues that first appeared on Solstice ships."

JOHNNNNY! Great to hear from you. Doing the TA in Oct. Scored a corner FV cabin. Best thing next to a suite! No pole tho! LOL. Alan, Dave and Snorkin Barb also on it. We are seriously thinking of TA on the Silhouette 11/1/14. Same itinerary as last year but lots of different things to see. What are you up to?

Thanks for the info on Infinity?

Hi Sue,

Hope all is well. Haven't see you since we Segway'd through Barcelona. Found this which should answer your question

"As on the Constellation, the Infinity's cabins will be completely remodeled with new carpeting, bedding and flat screen TVs, and the ship also will receive a new Italian restaurant called Tuscan Grille, a coffee bar called Cafe al Bacio, a creperie called Bistro on Five, a wine bar called Cellar Masters and an ice-covered Martini bar -- all venues that first appeared on Solstice ships."

We just got off the Infinity and alas, there is no Tuscan Grill, they have Osine instead..... We love the Tuscan Grill and were disappointed.

JOHNNNNY! Great to hear from you. Doing the TA in Oct. Scored a corner FV cabin. Best thing next to a suite! No pole tho! LOL. Alan, Dave and Snorkin Barb also on it. We are seriously thinking of TA on the Silhouette 11/1/14. Same itinerary as last year but lots of different things to see. What are you up to?

Thanks for the info on Infinity?

The corner FOV has not one but two flat screen TVs.

Cabin 1140 has a flatscreen TV. But it is one of the new added cabins.

Not to detreact from the thread but to this responder:

What are these new AQ like? How are the balconies etc. Which side of the room is the bed on balcony or bathroom? We are considering 1141 on the referbed Connie. Any info would be helpful.

Sabrina

We have done three cruises on the Infinity, and have had flat screen TVs in the staterooms.

And I also really wish that Infinity had a Tuscan Grill instead of Qsine. While we have some great food in Qsine I just find it too gimicky for my taste, but always enjoy Tuscan.

And to Sabbycat: In April 2012 we did B2B cruises on Infinity in stateroom 1138. We had no problems with cigarette smoke from the Sunset Bar below, nor was noise an issue. We rarely take photos of staterooms, but my recollection was that on Infinity 1138 had the bed by the bathroom with the sofa by the balcony.

What are these new AQ like? How are the balconies etc. Which side of the room is the bed on balcony or bathroom? We are considering 1141 on the referbed Connie. Any info would be helpful.

Sabrina

Hi Sue,

There were flat-screen TV's in all Infinity staterooms we've been in so far, but unfortunately the cabin furniture was already a bit tired and worn, as well as the mattresses and bedding. No cause for concern, nothing of that diminished our joy in cruising on "Infinity", but the only newer and fresher cabins you'll find will be the ones for example in Aqua class on deck 11 that have been recently built in.

We would habe preferred Tuscan Grille to Q-sine, too, but Tuscan is only to be found for example on "Constellation". We noticed that Qsine on "Infinity" was heavily promoted - we very often found somebody standing in front of the MDR at evening time talking to people in the queue that were waiting for a table...

We have done three cruises on the Infinity, and have had flat screen TVs in the staterooms.

And I also really wish that Infinity had a Tuscan Grill instead of Qsine. While we have some great food in Qsine I just find it too gimicky for my taste, but always enjoy Tuscan.

And to Sabbycat: In April 2012 we did B2B cruises on Infinity in stateroom 1138. We had no problems with cigarette smoke from the Sunset Bar below, nor was noise an issue. We rarely take photos of staterooms, but my recollection was that on Infinity 1138 had the bed by the bathroom with the sofa by the balcony.

Had 1138 on Infinity a couple of weeks ago and the bed was by the bathroom and sofa by balcony. The cabin was great with a quiet hallway, larger than normal balcony, great view of the wake (and people-watching at the tables below), no soot or smoke (though 1141 is above the side of the Sunset Bar where smoking is allowed so may be an issue at times?). There are stairs to the bar and Oceanview Cafe nearby, which was handy for bringing a quick drink or bite to eat back to the cabin. There was little noise from the bar, but being cooler weather, it wasn't busy - closing the balcony door blocked out any noise from below. I would definitely book one of those aft cabins again. Our neighbors in 1130 were doing a btb and had been offered a suite for the second leg. They were so torn - they really liked their aft AquaClass cabin (and being assured of being in Blu). They ended up moving - I'm waiting to hear back whether it was worth the move.

Sabrina

The new AQ staterooms are exactly the same as the old ones. This is an M class ship, not an S class ship. The beds do not move about. They are the same as the Concierge Class rooms have always been with the exception of the new (leaky) shower doors and the shower tower. Request extra towels and put one down on the floor before you take a shower.

We had an A1 on the port side of the ship. The balcony was small and had no cover. And there were no footstools. At least you get footstools with Concierge Class.

Quick clarification to this: "The beds do not move about."

The beds do move, in the sense that they can be made up separately or together. But in these rooms, the arrangement of beds in relation to the balcony doesn't alternate. The bed/bath bed/balcony issue doesn't come up on the M-class ships, only on the S-class ships.

The new AQ staterooms are exactly the same as the old ones. This is an M class ship, not an S class ship. The beds do not move about. They are the same as the Concierge Class rooms have always been with the exception of the new (leaky) shower doors and the shower tower. Request extra towels and put one down on the floor before you take a shower.

We had an A1 on the port side of the ship. The balcony was small and had no cover. And there were no footstools. At least you get footstools with Concierge Class.

We didn't have any footstools the last few cruises, neither in Concierge (Constellation, Infinity) or in AQ (Infinity). Even our huge C1-balcony only had two meagre chairs and a small table. And our stateroom attendant could get neither a footstool nor a lounger for us - "forbidden because of security reasons" :confused::confused:... She only could give us another chair for me to rest my feet on.

So I keep wondering: where have all the lovely footstools ( and chair covers in Concierge class) gone?????

We didn't have any footstools the last few cruises, neither in Concierge (Constellation, Infinity) or in AQ (Infinity). Even our huge C1-balcony only had two meagre chairs and a small table. And our stateroom attendant could get neither a footstool nor a lounger for us - "forbidden because of security reasons" :confused::confused:... She only could give us another chair for me to rest my feet on.

So I keep wondering: where have all the lovely footstools ( and chair covers in Concierge class) gone?????

Good question. Where have all the footstools gone?

Loungers forbidden because of security reasons? I don't think so. We had two lovely loungers on our suite balcony and two on our corner FOV on the Infinity. More likely rogue ship or lazy cabin attendant.

Luckily we had footstools for our chairs for our AquaClass cabin - 1138 on Infinity 2 weeks ago.

The sad thing is that the cabin attendant probably believed what someone told her as fact. There is no security issue with loungers. Someone just made up an excuse....

Luckily we had footstools for our chairs for our AquaClass cabin - 1138 on Infinity 2 weeks ago.

Interesting. You had an A1 cabin; we had an A1 cabin. Same cruise. Same deck. The cabins were obviously not equipped the same. We had no footstools. Guess with Celebrity you pays your money and takes your chances. Sometimes you get what's supposed to be in your cabin, sometimes not.

Again, while we rarely take photos of stateroom interiors, I am about 95% positive that we also had footstools on the April 2012 B2B cruises in Infinity's stateroom 1138.

I'm wondering if it is because the balconies in the aft are quite a bit bigger so there is more room for them?

I'm wondering if it is because the balconies in the aft are quite a bit bigger so there is more room for them?

Entirely possible. Then they should be priced differently. Why should people on the sides pay the same price for smaller balconies and no footstools?

I also found the side cabin to be very creaky. How was your aft cabin?

Both in February and in May on Infinity and on both Constellation cruises last summer we didn't have any footstools in our AQ or Concierge staterooms and neither were any to be seen in the adjoining staterooms when I took a peek when nobody was on the balconies. So I don't think it was laziness or disinformation of all the different stateroom attendants we had but really a change in policy and those of you who were lucky enough to find a lounger etc. perhaps had one that had been simply forgotten to be removed. :D It couldn't have been the size of the balcony either to explain the lack of comfort for my legs - on all these cruises I mentioned we either had a C1 balcony as big as a ballroom or at least one of those cabins with an extended balcony.

On our cruises on M-class ships (Constellation, Millenium) in 2010 or 2011, however, I definitely can remember both the footstools and the blue soft covers on the chairs.

Of course it's not the end of the world, but I miss the comfort of both, and having just a small table and two chairs on a premium-prized C1 balcony we had booked because of the itinerary ( and were happy with!) was a bit of a disappointment.

Entirely possible. Then they should be priced differently. Why should people on the sides pay the same price for smaller balconies and no footstools?

I also found the side cabin to be very creaky. How was your aft cabin?

I heard a few creaks when the seas were a little rough, but it wasn't constant and not enough to be annoying luckily.

Hoping our cabin on deck 11 will have a foot stool - since you did not would you care to share which cabin since some do have them. Thanks.

Interesting. You had an A1 cabin; we had an A1 cabin. Same cruise. Same deck. The cabins were obviously not equipped the same. We had no footstools. Guess with Celebrity you pays your money and takes your chances. Sometimes you get what's supposed to be in your cabin, sometimes not.

Archived