Celebrity Food

I found in the buffet on Celebrity if you asked about coffee (or whatever drink) the staff member simply said "Over there Madam", pointing towards the dispensers. Staff only clear the tables.

I had staff in the buffet (port days) were going around taking drinks orders for the bar (not for drinks from the self service areas). Very frindly and efficient. There were separate staff clearing tables.:D

Les I also got $200 OBC for my cruise in March. I got it because I booked this cruise while I was on radiance last year, some sort of promotion I guess.

The amount of OBC depends on your TA or which method and which promotion/deal you choose. Shop around, there are plenty of great deals to be had.:D

I had staff in the buffet (port days) were going around taking drinks orders for the bar (not for drinks from the self service areas). Very frindly and efficient. There were separate staff clearing tables.:D

I am accustomed to Princess where staff are always available to take orders for water, juice, coffee etc. :)

Les I also got $200 OBC for my cruise in March. I got it because I booked this cruise while I was on radiance last year, some sort of promotion I guess.

Yes, if you book on board Celebrity (or, here's a tip: RCL) for a subsequent Celebrity cruise you will get OBC on the future cruise. The OBC amount will vary by length.

Yes, the buffet has wait staff to sell drinks, like other lounge/bar areas and theatre. If you want to avoid being asked, you can turn the drink menu on your table on its side.

Yes, the buffet has wait staff to sell drinks, like other lounge/bar areas and theatre. If you want to avoid being asked, you can turn the drink menu on your table on its side.

If someone comes and asks if I want a drink, I always get one, even if it is just a bottle of water to take away with me. That is the advantage of the drinks package.:D

All the Celebrity On Board Credit? Where do you get that from? Sutho, I was on the same Solstice cruise as you in March and got no OBC. !!!!

Sutho, whilst I was on a recent Solstice cruise I booked a cruise for next year and received $200 OBC from Celebrity plus other incentives. My TA (Australian) also gave me another $200 OBC.

Thanks, must be OBC like Princess has with their future cruise letters. But then again I had constructive criticism words with the Exec Chef and Asst Maitre'D on Solstice re the tucker, so now I will be a marked man on Celebrity. Sutho and 6andy6 on here have also ganged up on me, no matter. I am a big lad, but my integrity has been questioned and I don't like that.

Thanks, must be OBC like Princess has with their future cruise letters. But then again I had constructive criticism words with the Exec Chef and Asst Maitre'D on Solstice re the tucker, so now I will be a marked man on Celebrity. Sutho and 6andy6 on here have also ganged up on me, no matter. I am a big lad, but my integrity has been questioned and I don't like that.

I booked my cruise direct through Celebrity and got the credit as part of an advertised promotion. I simply forgot about it from the time of booking till boarding and then realised I had it to spend. I believe you got flights and accommodation package after the cruise.

I don't think your integrity has been questioned regarding food. I personally did not have a bad meal once on that ship. I would have good reason to try and paint P&O as being better considering my cruise history with them but I was pleased with Celebrity.

I admit Princess do better pizzas, the deck grill and buffet were exactly the same for me between ships. Portion sizes were excellent.

You can also see that there are other people who have posted here and came up with different opinions to others. Unless it comes down to diet and menu choices, I have no explanation as to how lots of different people can come to different conclusions.

At this stage I would happily cruise Celebrity again. The only area I found they were deficient compared to P&O and Princess was entertainment. It was not as structured and as full on as theirs. Less shows and acts on Celebrity.

I can't believe I forgot the gelato, costs extra, but is delish.:D

..and between 4pm and 5pm or was it 3pm and 4pm (anyway sometime in the afternoon) they always had a happy hour at the Gelato bar with a 2 for 1 price (2 cones for the price of 1). And the servings by and large were not small....

T Sutho and 6andy6 on here have also ganged up on me, no matter. I am a big lad, but my integrity has been questioned and I don't like that.

I wouldn't worry about that NSWP. I have seen some ganging up on here as well....but its funny how they don't see it as ganging up. In fact I have no doubt they see themselves as paragons of integrity.....

No do I like people painting something unlike it is.....or sugar coating something...or invoking other peoples names in defence of their own 'issues' when making comments about food like occurred in this thread. Its a cowards way of dealing with things. As I said in my review. Its funny how you can be on the same cruise and read someone else's review (as I read many) and think you (you in this case being me - not 'you') must have been on something completely different that shared the same name... I am a fussy eater, I have food allergies, I do not like cold roasts or gravy with skin on them YET I didn't find any of that. Nor did I find the menu boring....(with one exception - the burger bar which I have found on every ship I've been on - not one can make a decent burger).

Was the ship in the league of a Ritz Hotel or a Cunarder Grill, no of course not. Its a floating ship catering to nearly 3,000 people cooking food frozen from a deep freeze. By its very nature there will be some problems with that concept. But some seemed to paint it like a floating RSL bistro which, I am sorry to say, is less than true. Its like the concept of people complaining about the food in the buffet not changing often (which I don't think you did).....once again it demonstrates their lack of understanding but a desire to blame others. Buffets usually rarely change for long periods...which is why it is called a buffet.

Opinions will /can differ from one person to another as they have different tastes, attitudes, perceptions and lives.:D

Agreed. Everyone should be able to state their opinions/experiences without a "put-down".:)

There can also be different experiences on a different ship.

Agreed. Everyone should be able to state their opinions/experiences without a "put-down".:)

I Agree, I also prfer factual rather than opinionated review as it is less subjective. However, it is so much harder to do a review without their opinion/attitude affecting their experience. :D

There can also be different experiences on the same ship. For example, some may only one use one station/side of the buffet, not realising there can be slight differences on the other side (though in my case, I tried both). Or your experience could be coloured by your MDR waiter, or session, or even location.

There can also be different experiences on the same ship. For example, some may only one use one station/side of the buffet, not realising there can be slight differences on the other side (though in my case, I tried both). Or your experience could be coloured by your MDR waiter, or session, or even location.

In the situation I mention, we tried different serving stations in the buffet. We were on board for 15 nights so have time to try the buffet several times. On port days when we wanted to go ashore, we didn't have any choice.:)

As I have said I found the food outstanding and could not fault it. As I have always said in other posts about reviewing food people need to justify their reviews or not give them at all. Food is very subjective and people do not know what they eat, where they eat or what they are used to.

I never eat cereal for breakfast. It is too unhealthy and full of fat and sugars that make you fat. There is no cereal that I have found that is healthy and gives a decent amount of energy. Not only that it is mixed with fatty milk or the less alternative low fat brands. For breakfast I always have fresh orange juice (I have orange trees just outside), I will go for hard boiled eggs (a good source of proteins and lowers cholesterol), toast is fine sometimes, as is certain meats. Lunches on the ship I might just go for the fatty deck grills and have burgers and chips or steaks, pizzas or even a selection of the cold meats. With dinner on a ship I never eat soup. Never have never will. I will normally go for a cold starter like prawn cocktails, fruit salads or anything seafood related. Mains I normally go for steaks, fish, chicken, meats, lobsters and anything mainstream. Vegetables I will only eat cauliflower and broccoli.

I Agree, I also prfer factual rather than opinionated review as it is less subjective. However, it is so much harder to do a review without their opinion/attitude affecting their experience. :D

One problem is when there is opinion masquerading as fact! ;-):p

Archived