Inviting non-AQ to eat in Blu?

NovCruisin

Simple answer - no. Blu is AQ and Suite passengers (subject to availability) only.

I have heard of some maître d's allowing it on occasion but it doesn't sound like it is common.

Nope. 2 different ocassions.....when the S class first arrived into the fleet

I was on Equinox in a regular balcony....friends were in AQ. We asked

if I could have breakfast with them, was told no.

Another time, I was in AQ and friends were not....we wanted to have

dinner together...we went to the main dining room. ( I did not ask

this time) I just knew they would not allow it.

So, if you want to have dinner with your Mom? You will have to

choose another venue.

Nope. 2 different ocassions.....when the S class first arrived into the fleet

I was on Equinox in a regular balcony....friends were in AQ. We asked

if I could have breakfast with them, was told no.

Another time, I was in AQ and friends were not....we wanted to have

dinner together...we went to the main dining room. ( I did not ask

this time) I just knew they would not allow it.

So, if you want to have dinner with your Mom? You will have to

choose another venue.

Yup, I was the one who asked if Lois could come to breakfast and they emphatically told me no. If they refuse Lois, you have no chance. LOL

Thanks Don:o.....what I was going to say is breakfast is not even

close to being as busy as dinner and so that tells you.....Blu is for

AQ passengers..and yes, Suite pax on that space availibilty basis too.

It works the other way, too. My dh and I were booked in AQ. The rest of our family in a suite. We asked to be seated in the MDR, second seating, with our family and was told no, we would be assigned to Blu. We ended up changing our cabin to a CC so we could eat dinner together.

It works the other way, too. My dh and I were booked in AQ. The rest of our family in a suite. We asked to be seated in the MDR, second seating, with our family and was told no, we would be assigned to Blu. We ended up changing our cabin to a CC so we could eat dinner together.

Your family in the suite could have dined with you in Blu. We had no problem getting into Blu for either breakfast or dinner when we were in a suite.

There are 6 of us going next March and 1 couple have booked in a class allowed to eat in Blu...not sure which one but they are in Blu. We other 2 couples are just "regular balcony" cruisers. The one asked and was told no, we could not eat in Blu but he got permission to eat with us in the dining room we are assigned to. He will be eating most evenings with us even though everyone raves about Blu.

There are 6 of us going next March and 1 couple have booked in a class allowed to eat in Blu...not sure which one but they are in Blu. We other 2 couples are just "regular balcony" cruisers. The one asked and was told no, we could not eat in Blu but he got permission to eat with us in the dining room we are assigned to. He will be eating most evenings with us even though everyone raves about Blu.

Not everyone raves about Blu

DH and I are booked in AQ but my mother is in a 2B; can we invite her to eat with us in Blu?

Your mother will be told "NO BLU FOR YOU!"

Her chances of dining with you in Blu are comparable to winning PowerBall.

That is one rule that has been consistently enforced. Have her upgrade to AQ or you should downgrade and save some $$$ and eat in the MDR with mother.

I also think the AQ pax who weren't allowed to eat late seating in MDR with the rest of their group was denied because it was late traditional seating. It is my understanding that AQ pax can eat in the MDR any night they want in select dining. Am I wrong? In that case their family could have switched to select, they could make reservations for every night at 9:00, or whenever they wanted to, and they could have eaten together. Am I wrong about this?

Not that I would want to do that. As far as I can tell, Blu is the most important thing about being in AQ.

I also think the AQ pax who weren't allowed to eat late seating in MDR with the rest of their group was denied because it was late traditional seating. It is my understanding that AQ pax can eat in the MDR any night they want in select dining. Am I wrong? In that case their family could have switched to select, they could make reservations for every night at 9:00, or whenever they wanted to, and they could have eaten together. Am I wrong about this?

Not that I would want to do that. As far as I can tell, Blu is the most important thing about being in AQ.

You are completely correct and that option was offered to us. However, the rest of my family would not choose Select Dining. They wanted same table, same waiters, 2nd seating. Between X's rules (not complaining, I totally agree with them) and my family's stubbornness (not complaining, I expected this) our only choice was to change cabin category or eat separately.

I only brought this up because it might help someone else out... to know what can and can't be done when families are booked in different cabin categories.

Archived