UK cruisers and credit card question

britichick

Usually when we travel abroad we inform the bank/credit card company so they know we're away. I usually do this on the website and it gives you the option of putting in several countries. I am concerned that it will come up as dollars but not in the US and they may decline it thinking its a fraudulent transaction :)

Call your bank to find out what Fees they charge for out of country transactions. If you do a transaction on the ship it will be at a minimum of $3.50 and sometimes more plus what your bank will also charge. Getting $40 can get expensive. Some banks will not charge a foreign transaction fee, you need to call and see what and how much. My bank and major credit card do not charge any fees for foreign out of country transactions.

Thanks, think I will ring the credit card company, I would rather give out that number than debit card. We don't get charged high fees on it anyway so that's good.

We won't get off because this is our first cruise and we want to make the most of our time on board :)

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Ah, but if you don't get off you won't experience the 'ker-chink' noise when you're scanned back on board. Not mine, but I know that that is a really iconic experience for many cruisers.

It's worth pottering off for a while, you can still spend most of the day on board.

Archived