40 Years +... Soooo - What's next??

toberman

Just had our 40th today, and spent all day trying to decide where to go next. We're not 'Travelers', but 'Tourists'. Been to 20 Islands in the Caribbean, 5 in Hawaii, all except one Province in Canada, and 15 States.

Hate, hate, hate flying!! OK - the 3 to 4 hour non-stop we can take, But?? 8 or more hours on a plane just turns us off. Can't afford the 'Front' seats!! :) Wife wants 'Sun, Sea, and Sand' .

Just don't know what to do... Wife wants something!! Gotta make a plan. ;)

Hey.. Just made a 'Plan'.... She can plan it and take it out of the 'Inheritance'. ;) Sound good??:rolleyes:

There are a number of cruises from Florida to South America - anywhere from 25 days or so on up - on HAL, Cunard and a number of the smaller, pricier lines - a good way to spend part of the winter in the warm. Or, you could just do several back to back Caribbean cruises, if you are not fed up with the same old islands. Finally, if there is some island you really liked, why not fly there for two or more weeks?

I agree. Flying is awful! I absolutely hate it. However you don't have to have the "front" seats to be more comfortable. Some airlines are now offering seats with more space for an added fee. On my last transatlantic flight we purchased them and they were well worth the added cost each way (about $140). My other tip for more comfortable flying is to limit the carry-on bags. Most people want to load up on carry-ons either to save the luggage fees or for fear of losing suitcases. But it is sooo nice to check your bag and then be hands free (or almost) as you walk through airports and get on and off of planes. You also don't want to have to stuff a bag under the seat in front of you. That way you have all that extra room to stretch out your legs. Or have you thought about a transatlantic cruise to Europe or some other destination further away? For me, that would be the real torture as I hate "at sea" days even more than I hate flying. But if you and your wife enjoy them that may be a way to see some more "exotic" ports without flying so far.

A Hawaii / Tahiti cruise out of a California port. Its a conbination of long and lazy sea days and visits to wonderful islands most people will never see..

DH and I did this cruise for our 40th and also did a vow renewal while on board. It was wonderful!

A Hawaii / Tahiti cruise out of a California port. Its a conbination of long and lazy sea days and visits to wonderful islands most people will never see..

DH and I did this cruise for our 40th and also did a vow renewal while on board. It was wonderful!

Yeah, have chosen a Transpacific+Hawaii cruise for our honeymoon :)

But don't forget that you have to fly back - those cruises usually end (or start) in Australia. That's the reason I would prefer a Transatlantic if someone don't like to fly that long.

Archived