11 day cruise menus

deedee290

If you have the opportunity take the tour of the kitchen. They explain how it works and were shown a "poster" or schedule of the meals. They have a large rotation to choose from. It varies according to length of cruise, season and etc.

What some one had last week may not be the same this week or next month.

Edited by miched

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting those, although I find them rather confusing to understand. What is the difference between the menus with the elongated font and drawing and the ones with the squares and colors? Is it simply a matter of what was posted outside the MDR and the actual menu?

Has anyone seen actual scans of the recent menus?

Edited by MisterBill99

What some one had last week may not be the same this week or next month. .

I don't think that is generally true. They have set menus and once released, they don't change, unless they are in the process of rolling out new menus. It's possible that they will do menus in a different order on one ship than on another, and obviously for formal night they will use a specific menu, but I think a 7 night cruise on one ship should get the same 7 menus as a 7 night cruise on another ship.

If you have the opportunity take the tour of the kitchen.

I do agree that you should take the galley if given the opportunity. It's very informative and I found it very enjoyable. You can see 14 days of menus posted on the wall, along with photos of different dishes. I did it twice on our Silhouette cruise in 2011 and hope to do it again on Constellation next month.

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks for posting those, although I find them rather confusing to understand. What is the difference between the menus with the elongated font and drawing and the ones with the squares and colors? Is it simply a matter of what was posted outside the MDR and the actual menu?

Has anyone seen actual scans of the recent menus?

The menus with the elongated font and blue drawing are from BLU,

The menus, with the dots and squares are from the MDR

If you have the opportunity take the tour of the kitchen. They explain how it works and were shown a "poster" or schedule of the meals. They have a large rotation to choose from. It varies according to length of cruise, season and etc.

<snip>

Just thought I'd post the pix I took from the galley tour on our Equinox Dec 2011 11 day cruise. The 14 menus have since changed of course but gives an idea.

DSC_0463.JPG

DSC_0464.JPG

DSC_0465.JPG

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0467.JPG

DSC_0468.JPG

Edited by Milhouse
clarified wording

Just thought I'd post the pix I took from the galley tour on our Equinox Dec 2011 11 day cruise. The 14 menus have since changed of course but gives an idea.
Yup, that's what it looks like :-). I seem to recall taking a video of the wall (moving from section to section) when I did the galley tour, but the photos are a better idea. Hopefully they will have a tour available on my upcoming cruise on Constellation. Edited by MisterBill99

Is the galley tour still free? Haven't gone in years.

It was free when I went (twice) on Silhouette. On Royal Caribbean it was only offered if you were Diamond or something like that. I am hoping they offer it for free on Constellation.

Not a silly question at all

In the US -- entree means main, or main course.

The meal courses are usually appetizer course (also called a starter), soup, salad, entree, dessert. A few fine restaurants also offer a cheese course.

Most diners today order soup or a salad, not both. On Celebrity, you may order both if you wish.

In French-inspired restaurants, the salad course comes after the entree, but in the vast majority of restaurants the salad precedes the entree.

So while the word "entree" originally mean the entry, or appetizer, course, the meaning has evolved to mean the main course.

I work in a kitchen so I'd love to go that tour if it was free. Anyone know if its available on the infinity?

I posted a separate thread and was told that galley tours are still available on all ships. The suggestion was to ask the Capitain's Club host about it, and then (presumably) watch the daily schedule.

Not a silly question at all

In the US -- entree means main, or main course.

The meal courses are usually appetizer course (also called a starter), soup, salad, entree, dessert. A few fine restaurants also offer a cheese course.

Most diners today order soup or a salad, not both. On Celebrity, you may order both if you wish.

In French-inspired restaurants, the salad course comes after the entree, but in the vast majority of restaurants the salad precedes the entree.

So while the word "entree" originally mean the entry, or appetizer, course, the meaning has evolved to mean the main course.

Cruisestitch....I've been looking for you. I posted on one of your threads where you were talking about all the different staterooms...I had posted a question about 7225 on the Silhouette. I guess you're no longer posting on the thread you started.

Entree question...if they serve lobster and you would rather have 2 tails than the dessert, can that be ordered? How do you find out if you're elibible for the free galley tour?

Have you ever wondered if what the waiter recommends is what the chef says to push because that is what they have the most of? :confused:

Doesnt it always appear as if they have all of the best entrees on the same night? The other nights you have to decide which one is the best of the worse and on that night you really have to choose on the one that you desire the most.

.:D

Edited by miched

"if they serve lobster and you would rather have 2 tails than the dessert, can that be ordered?"

Generally they won't bring two lobster tails simultaneously, but if you finish one and would like a second one, they will bring you another. You can also have dessert that evening if you still have room for it.

"How do you find out if you're elibible for the free galley tour?"

If you are Elite, it will be listed on your instructions sheet along with the other Elite events -- look for that in your stateroom on arrival. It should be stapled to the coupon sheet you'll also receive

If it's a general free galley tour, open to all, you'll see it in the Daily program

"Can you tell me if it is possible to order an item from the MDR menu in BLU?"

Possibly. This is easier on some ships than others. Sometimes the two galleys are quite far from each other and it's difficult to get food from the MDR to Blu. I would check the MDR menu early in the day when it is posted, and if you see something you would like, talk to the Blu MaitreD to see if it can be arranged.

'are escargot on the appetizer menu in any restaurant at all or still no availability?"

There have been a few reports from returning passengers that escargot were served on some cruises. It appears that the availability is still not reliable, so all you can do is hope that when you are cruising, there are escargot on board for you.