Arrival time back in Copenhagen?

I am booked on the NCL Star, expected to arrive back in Copenhagen port by 7 a.m. on September 10. Since there is a sea day the day before, I'm thinking that the ship will arrive much earlier as it's a turnaround day.

I'm thinking of an early morning train from Copenhagen to Stockholm -- but know that I will need to go through customs and that they may not open that early.

Is an 8:30 a.m. or 9:12 a.m. train too aggressive?

I arrived into Copenhagen last Saturday on Vision of the Seas - we docked at 07 am - at 8am we got our luggage and went to the taxi queue and took a taxi to Østerport for a train 08:16 towards Copenhagen main station. 08:30 might be a bit aggressive but 9:12 should be doable.

Is it from Østerport or København H?

Thank you for all of your responses.

The schedule is 09:01 from Østerport, 9:12 from København H or 9:26 from Kastrup Lufthavn, arrives 14:40

The next train is 10:01 from Østerport, 10:12 from København H or 10:26 from Kastrup Lufthavn, arrives 15:40

I like the idea of taking train rather than air to see the countryside as it goes by -- even if it's a lot of trees -- to see the different towns and people who get on and off. Point to point, there's really not that much difference by air and a lot more leisurely. Like being on a cruise for 10 days isn't leisurely :-)

I have never been on a real cruise (only a river cruise from and to Amsterdam and a few mini cruises between Copenhagen and Oslo)

But I would assume that its possibly to carry your own luggage out of the ship is that correct?.

In that case you can easily be out of the ship by 8:00 and either take a taxi and if the lines are long then follow the blue line on the street that will lead you to Nordhavn station where you can catch a southbound S-train and get off at Østerport that are the next stop.

If the time is good you can continue 3 stops more and then you will be at København H instead.

You do realize that only the 08:29 and 11:15 departures and some later in the day are directly to Stockholm.

The X2 trains departs from København H only so you can't use it from Østerport but need to take the S-train from Nordhavn or Østerport.

All the other departures (including the 09:12) will require a change of train in Malmö C.

You do realize that only the 08:29 and 11:15 departures and some later in the day are directly to Stockholm.

The X2 trains departs from København H only so you can't use it from Østerport but need to take the S-train from Nordhavn or Østerport.

All the other departures (including the 09:12) will require a change of train in Malmö C.

Thanks, Danish Viking. I did realize that those trains are direct but I thought the 8:29 would be too tight to make the station. The 11:15 is definitely doable but the offset is that it doesn't get in Stockholm until 4:40. I've taken the train from Copenhagen to Malmo before so am familiar with the station.

Thanks for the tip about Østerport. I was planning on taking the a taxi to the København H station just to make the connection easier.

All in all, the 9:12 might be too tight so think that the 10:12 is the way to go.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Archived