2014 / 2015 Cruise Atlas Preorder

azbirdmom

And when you get one, does it offer any special savings or discounts? Or do you just get the itinerary before the general public?

We, and that's a whole lot of WE's, just like to have it. I don't need it because I'm always abreast of what's happening.

And when you get one, does it offer any special savings or discounts? Or do you just get the itinerary before the general public?

I think most itineraries are already posted on line but it is still nice to have the Atlas. Everything in one location without having to surf the web.

What is the benefit/s of pre ordering the cruise atlas?

You get one. :D

I found the itinerary table in the back is very useful. Dates are on the vertical axis and each ship is listed across the horizontal. They then color code the itineraries by region of the world.

It make it very easy to see what kind of B2Bs are available or if there's a possibility of disembarking one ship and getting right on another.

The other benefit of the printed cruise atlas is that you can take it into the toilet for some serious study time. :D

Not for use like the old Sears catalogs though ... :eek:

The other benefit of the printed cruise atlas is that you can take it into the toilet for some serious study time. :D

Not for use like the old Sears catalogs though ... :eek:

Well I think I'll use mine like the Sears Catalog from when I was a kid....the minute it arrives, I'll take a big crayon and go through it circling everything I want....and tell everyone that comes over that my wish list has been circled for this Christmas Season

:D

Well, I can only speak for myself, but for me it's an invaluable one-of-a-kind resource in that it contains in one book every cruise to every destination worldwide. And the two-page chart inside the back cover is an excellent at-a-glance way to see what every ship is doing throughout the year. And there are photos (often of bears!). And complete deck plans for each ship.

Of course, all that information is available online, but reading is much faster than selecting and clicking and waiting for pages to load on a screen.

I got an e-mail today where all i had to do was click on a button to reserve it for delivery in August. I remember getting one last year that I thumbed through and then tossed it. I prefer to do my research on the Princess website.

Pardon our ignorance, but why is the cruise atlas such a coveted item?

It has all the cruises for the year in one spot. Of course it doesn't tell prices but there are some really nice pictures. It is also fun to look through and dream of future cruises (especially the long ones) for when I retire.

Archived