January - Mediterranean - which ship?

sjpo

Dear All,

I should be able to decide that easily by now but as it happens I have not cruise yet nor on NCL or the Fantasia class so... which one would recommend (considering mother is joining me and she is 75): Costa Serena (Piraeus, Izmir, Haifa, Alexandria), MSC Fantasia (Piraeus, Haifa, Alexandria, Naples) or Norwegian Jade (Piraeus, Izmir, Istanbul)?

Thanks!

The challenge is that we really don't know anything about you so when you ask for a recommendation most people are going to recommend what they like. If this was me I would read some of the cruise critic member reviews and also ask for assistance of a travel agent who specializes in cruises. If you don't have an agent ask friends who cruise if they can recommend someone.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply but the challenge really is that I have cruised often, know MSC and Costa quite well, but not sure how they compare with NCL. Also some of the ports are new to me so not sure how a 75 year old would cope with them (in the sense that local attractions may require long walks or many steps, etc.)

Sure, knowing more about me may help but I also feel it may make it more difficult as I am a bit atypical (concerned about ports of call because of mother as I generally am much more interested in the ship itself and quite happy to spend port time on board).

I have travelled rci and msc. prefer rci. More to do and quieter than msc. msc was chaos and mayhem. Am looking trying NCL next as it seems a good fit for us.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We've sailed Jade in February, and had a great cruise- lovely ship.

However, I'd go for one of the other itineraries, which go further south- we had snow in Turkey, and rain in other ports; I don't fancy Istanbul in winter because it can get very cold there.

Ship wise, though- no problems.

Many thanks Jocap.

That tends to be the problem now: I am inclined for Jade as it looks better than the other two (specially in service), but the best itinerary is on Serena (which I know already... found it a bit dark inside and the service was not really good). Either way, giving the instability in the region, either may be a port cancellation risk, but thanks for reminding me of the weather

Archived