dining problem, table size

Good Morning. I have a dining question. We are sailing next week on EOS with 15 family memebers. We are confirmed for early seating and had wanted a table for 10 and a table for 6 next to each other. My travel agent, who is absolutely wonderful and will always go above and beyond, informed me yesterday that may be a problem, as tables for and 10 are not normally next to each other. We would take 2 tables of 8, but seems that may be an issue also.

Has anyone else dealt with this problem? We have never noticed this as we usually have a table for 2 or 4.

My husband is very good at "talking" to the maitre 'd to settle any dining issues, but it looks like this may not be a problem easily solved.

We are all going for my mother in law's 80th birthday and she really wants to eat dinner with her grandchildren and great grandchildren.

I know my travel agent is working on this, but just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

We've had tables for 6 and 8 together several times. I realize that would require squeezing one more person in at a table, but we've done it, and it's not a big deal. Just another possibility.

You might want to try calling the RCL group desk at (800) 465-3595

Maybe they can arrange something for you. Some of the dining rooms have rooms off to the side that might be able to be configured for your party.

Enjoy the cruise.

Would like to know what you find out when you talk to them. I am traveling on the Oasis in August and there are 19 of us and my TA was telling me the same thing. I haven't heard from my TA yet as to if they were able to get us two tables of 10 together so that we are not spread out and are able to talk to each other.

I was part of a similarly large group last fall on Freedom of the Seas. They kept us close to each other at three tables for 8, 6, and 4 people, all adjacent to each other. It worked well for us. On one of the nights when a bunch of us were out on an excursion and missed dinner in the main dining room, the remaining few of us gathered together at one table.

e-mailing dining has worked well for us. We've also traveled with large groups. I would not recommend waiting until you board to try and work through the problem. :( One all the tables are assigned, it's more difficult for them to rearrange anything--particularly if you have a large group. When I e-mailed dining a few months before my cruise, they took "note" of my request, said they could not guarantee anything, but to check back a week before we sailed. When I followed up then, we had our assigned tables, including table numbers.

On Grandeur several years ago we had a group of 19. They split us into a table of 11 and a table of 8. Tables were not right next to each other but were sort of like an "L" if that makes any sense. I am sure it will all work oug:D

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We were on Freedom and it turns out they can change the table size. Our table was for 6 at second seating, but 8 at first seating. They simply dropped a larger top onto it. So that may be a possibility.

They can configure the tables also so that your group can be accomodated. The tables are not bolted to the floor and can be shifted around (within reason). Explain the "birthday situation" when you get onboard if the tables are not as you wish (checkout the tables as soon as you get on board), and I am almost sure they will make you happy. I don't know where your TA came up with the info that tables for 6 and 10 cannot be next to each other.:confused:

Have a wonderful family cruise!!!:D

You can try sending your request to rcldining@rccl.com with an explanation of the situation.

I wrote to the above email address one month before our cruise and requested a table of 6 and 8 together, I explained our situation-4 generations on cruise, celebrating. They out did themselves. We were surprised to find that we had a large table for 14. There were two of them in the MDR. You might be able to get this table and one for 4 more nearby. If you wait to get onboard, it will be too late. The tables will have been assigned. I find that Royal is more that willing to work with you if you give them a little "wiggle" time. Perhaps you could rotate people around also.

I wrote to the above email address one month before our cruise and requested a table of 6 and 8 together, I explained our situation-4 generations on cruise, celebrating. They out did themselves. We were surprised to find that we had a large table for 14. There were two of them in the MDR. You might be able to get this table and one for 4 more nearby. If you wait to get onboard, it will be too late. The tables will have been assigned. I find that Royal is more that willing to work with you if you give them a little "wiggle" time. Perhaps you could rotate people around also.

Just realized you wanted 15 - could squeeze 15 around the table for 14.

why not two tables for 8? let Grandma alternate tables? 15 folks at the same table is going to be very confusing particularly if Grandma has any hearing problem.

Table for 14 is a big, long oblong table. You play musical chairs every night, so grandma eats with different people close by every night while still eating with everyone.

Hmm ... we're doing a family cruise with 10 of us in April. I've been trying to determine if they have tables of 10 ... and if not, what would be the best configuration. Any suggestions?

YES , there are tables for 10. Ask for a ROUND table which are much more conducive to conversation with everyone around the table. We did a family cruise a year or so ago and I requested a round table for 11( 6 adults, 1 teen and 4 kids). It was perfect! Hope your cruise is as wonderful for your family.:)

Archived